Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570588 times)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2820 on: April 03, 2015, 10:52:48 am »

So I played this game a while back and absolutely adored it. Loved the gunslinger build. Is the latest update open to the public, or is it being privately playtested?

It's in private beta, but should be available in early access on Steam by the end of the month!

Cookie Monster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: April 03, 2015, 02:02:03 pm »

Awesome, you can still be a badass gunslinger I hope.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:05:58 pm by Cookie Monster »

Daggoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: April 06, 2015, 11:57:17 am »

Can't wait for this one! I thought it looked awesome in alpha, watching Plump Helmet Punk and JefMajor's Let's Plays were extremely entertaining.
“I think I've reduced the amount of blood in my caffeine system to an acceptable level.” - Khouri

The Elder Scrolls Online: Klavain - Altmer
Eve Online: Neville Klavain -  Gallente - Miners!

I don't RP female characters unless forced per game, so if you run into a Daggoth or Klavain it is probably me.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: May 05, 2015, 04:02:30 pm »

So I played this game a while back and absolutely adored it. Loved the gunslinger build. Is the latest update open to the public, or is it being privately playtested?

It's in private beta, but should be available in early access on Steam by the end of the month!
Any information on this? I am a looong time player and I can't wait to get my hands on the new version :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: May 05, 2015, 04:04:27 pm »

Any information on this? I am a looong time player and I can't wait to get my hands on the new version :).

We hired a PR firm, and ended up delaying it by 6-8 weeks, because we decided it was going to be more effective to spread out the marketing push between Sproggiwood mobile and Qud with a PR firm on board, compared to doing it all ourselves after work hours. It'll also give us time to get steam qud into better shape.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:30:53 pm by unormal »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2825 on: May 06, 2015, 10:24:17 am »

We hired a PR firm, and ended up delaying it by 6-8 weeks, because we decided it was going to be more effective to spread out the marketing push between Sproggiwood mobile and Qud with a PR firm on board, compared to doing it all ourselves after work hours. It'll also give us time to get steam qud into better shape.
Probably a good choice. I have seen sproggiwood mentioned in other channels but I get the impression that Qud is relatively unknown. Which is a shame because it is awesome.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: May 06, 2015, 10:29:45 am »

I get the impression that Qud is relatively unknown. Which is a shame because it is awesome.

I have a friend who doesn't even like non-graphical roguelikes but he just keeps coming back to Qud, says he can't get enough of it. If that isn't a testimony to its awesome, I don't know what is.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: May 06, 2015, 10:29:56 am »

It's good to hear this is still in active development. Qud on Steam will make me a very happy man :)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: May 06, 2015, 10:36:43 am »

Here's the latest revision of the world map, still a WIP.

dfTruF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caves of Qud in openGL mode
« Reply #2829 on: May 13, 2015, 05:48:55 am »

Does anyone have similar problem with Caves of Qud graphic mode? It seems like transparency doesn't work properly. I tried -filter option and still the same result.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud in openGL mode
« Reply #2830 on: May 13, 2015, 05:56:01 pm »

Does anyone have similar problem with Caves of Qud graphic mode? It seems like transparency doesn't work properly. I tried -filter option and still the same result.

This is the result of a really outdated opengl implementation; updating your drivers usually resolves it. If it doesn't, it's usually an ancient integrated chipset that can't be helped, really.

dfTruF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: May 14, 2015, 03:30:12 am »

This is the result of a really outdated opengl implementation; updating your drivers usually resolves it. If it doesn't, it's usually an ancient integrated chipset that can't be helped, really.

I have updated drivers and still the same result, on two laptops (on windows xp sp3, .net2).
Thinkpad x32 (with ATI Mobility Radeon) and Dell600 (with ATI Radeon 9000 GPU)  is too ancient to run 2d game with simple graphics, based on tiles? This sounds like joke for me.
Any other games, programmed in good style, with simple graphics & animations, work fine on these laptops (e.g. Dwarf Fortress, Angband(s), Adom, Brogue, Prospector, Aurora RL, Ascii Sector privateer, Freelancer, DXX-Rebirth, Armageddon Empires, Battle For Wesnoth, Age of Wonders, Eador Genesis, and many more). 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:37:21 am by dfTruF »

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: May 14, 2015, 10:03:52 am »

I have updated drivers and still the same result, on two laptops (on windows xp sp3, .net2).
Thinkpad x32 (with ATI Mobility Radeon) and Dell600 (with ATI Radeon 9000 GPU)  is too ancient to run 2d game with simple graphics, based on tiles? This sounds like joke for me.
Any other games, programmed in good style, with simple graphics & animations, work fine on these laptops (e.g. Dwarf Fortress, Angband(s), Adom, Brogue, Prospector, Aurora RL, Ascii Sector privateer, Freelancer, DXX-Rebirth, Armageddon Empires, Battle For Wesnoth, Age of Wonders, Eador Genesis, and many more).

The problem is they're both OpenGL 2.0 only chipsets (The ATI 9000 was released in 2002 and the set in the thinkpad in 2003-2004 I think?). I'm using a blending mode OpenGL 2.0 doesn't support. The console mode will work fine, though. Sorry about that! It's just a side effect of just the way I wrote the code.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:06:13 am by unormal »

dfTruF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: May 15, 2015, 06:40:37 am »

The problem is they're both OpenGL 2.0 only chipsets (The ATI 9000 was released in 2002 and the set in the thinkpad in 2003-2004 I think?). I'm using a blending mode OpenGL 2.0 doesn't support. The console mode will work fine, though. Sorry about that! It's just a side effect of just the way I wrote the code.

I think that this kind of "problem" shouldn't be really a problem for experienced programmer, to change few graphical functions into more universal ones (more independent from politics and marketing). Especially when we talk about 2d game, with very simple tileset display. Pixels are just pixels.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:58:30 am by dfTruF »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: May 15, 2015, 06:51:00 am »

Wow, that's awesome.  People who have never and will never contribute anything useful to the world, telling others how they ought to be able to do their jobs.  After unormal has basically given the original version of Qud out as a gift.

Second one today, great progress for the ignore list.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 250