Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570602 times)

Beggars` Sect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2805 on: February 11, 2015, 08:11:43 pm »

That`s great news, apart from the "Steam" bit. Any chance to see it released DRM-free as well? (hopefully, seeing as Sproggiwood was, after all)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 11, 2015, 08:19:09 pm »

That`s great news, apart from the "Steam" bit. Any chance to see it released DRM-free as well? (hopefully, seeing as Sproggiwood was, after all)

Yeah, likely it will get a humble build as well.

(Though it's a pain in the ass to keep all the different builds built and updated/etc.)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 11, 2015, 10:28:17 pm »

Yeah, likely it will get a humble build as well.

(Though it's a pain in the ass to keep all the different builds built and updated/etc.)

Don't skip on the Humble build. In fact, update it first.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 12, 2015, 04:42:24 am »

Caves of Qud is coming to Steam? Nice! Do I get a key for "backing" it way back or do I have to buy it again?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2809 on: February 12, 2015, 08:03:39 am »

100% in favor of steam. Couldn't care less about the humble bundle or any other bundle.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 12, 2015, 10:03:47 am »

100% in favor of steam. Couldn't care less about the humble bundle or any other bundle.

Well, humble has a storefront also: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/sproggiwood_storefront

The rates are a little better for developers, even if you buy a steam key through them, and they support DRM versions.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2811 on: February 12, 2015, 10:19:01 am »

Ah, makes sense. I misunderstood.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: February 13, 2015, 03:32:27 am »

I had a crash while attempting to load a save on my Windows 8.1 laptop, will post logs in the morning to help narrow it down. Haven't had the issue as noted previously on my Windows 7 computer, so hopefully it's just an isolated incident.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 12, 2015, 09:50:33 pm »

Small suggestion:  Raise the bonus skill points per level for True Men to 25.  It could probably be much higher, but 25 seems like a good place to set it because most skills cost around 100 xp; that way they get an extra skill every four levels, which puts them about on par with the mutants, who get a new mutation every four levels.

Of course some skills are worth more or less, but some mutations are, too (and the top-tier mutations, on the right character, tend to be worth more than any skill.)
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 14, 2015, 05:09:18 pm »

>  *Fixed a broken hostile-visibility check, which was causing auto-explore/walk to not halt properly.

This fix is making it so you halt for dreadroots, which is probably not necessary.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 14, 2015, 05:11:46 pm »

>  *Fixed a broken hostile-visibility check, which was causing auto-explore/walk to not halt properly.

This fix is making it so you halt for dreadroots, which is probably not necessary.

Yeah :)

FYI, general update, trying to finish up Sproggiwood mobile today (except for bugs), and then I'll be laying into the remaining icky Qud bugs and adding a bunch of juicy new tiles. (and merging in some content work Jason has been working on)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 26, 2015, 06:13:48 pm »

It seems like it's not updating the display for the "there doesn't seem to be anything else to explore" message when using auto-explore on a fully explored level now.  If I hit the auto-explore key, nothing seems to happen; but if I un-full-screen and then full-screen the display, the message telling me there's nothing left to explore becomes visible.

EDIT:  Hrm.  It appears to be inconsistent; sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.  Also, auto-explore doesn't seem to give a message if I'm near the stairs down.  I don't know why.

EDIT 2:  Could this have something to do with concealed Young Ivories and other hidden things?  I noticed that it wasn't moving in response to my 'go to stairs' command, and a few steps later I hit a Young Ivory, which makes me think that concealed monsters might be blocking that auto-movement, at least for 'go to stairs' up or down commands.

EDIT 3:  After experimenting a bit, I can confirm:  Hidden young ivories halt auto-explore and go-to-stairs commands.  (So do revealed ones, which probably shouldn't either, since they're harmless.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:56:57 pm by Aquillion »

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 28, 2015, 01:16:52 am »

I've discovered a bug that hangs the game:  Sometimes, if you go up or down a staircase with a follower, your follower won't immediately appear (this happens if I go up and down staircases repeatedly, say.)  If you then try to go back up or down the stairs another time before your follower arrives on the current level, the game will hang.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 29, 2015, 12:32:34 am »

Great reports, thank you!

Cookie Monster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: April 03, 2015, 10:52:06 am »

So I played this game a while back and absolutely adored it. Loved the gunslinger build. Is the latest update open to the public, or is it being privately playtested?
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 250