Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570663 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2730 on: December 24, 2014, 07:54:54 am »

I am trying a mutant gunfighter. I put all points into toughness and agility. I keep running out of bullets. Are there skills or mutations i need to take at creation to craft ammo? I find bows, but i dont know if those are different skills. I wanted to do range fighter cause i do stupid stuff and this lets me make up from it.

I found a thread on character creation on the forums.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: December 24, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »

Caves of Qud on Steam with tileset support, it's a christmas miracle!

[CoQ Steam 12-24-2014]
*Tileset support, toggleable in Options
*Fixed issues with zone freeze/thaw
*Fixed issues with save/load
*Fixed issue with deep copies (Temporal Fugue, etc)
*Fixed a bunch of rendering issues
*Fixed pyro and cryo zone rendering

Z2MH4-G54IM-NYLX0
L̶2̶6̶Q̶X̶-̶T̶I̶M̶W̶D̶-̶Y̶J̶0̶D̶3̶
N̶E̶R̶H̶B̶-̶H̶T̶9̶9̶P̶-̶B̶F̶2̶0̶5̶
7̶N̶H̶Q̶F̶-̶5̶8̶E̶0̶0̶-̶7̶R̶P̶G̶H̶
T̶4̶0̶Q̶T̶-̶P̶9̶N̶5̶N̶-̶D̶N̶C̶G̶T̶
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:07:23 am by unormal »

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: December 24, 2014, 11:12:39 pm »

Grabbed 7NHQF-58E00-7RPGH. Thanks!  I'll be sure to report if I find anything wonky.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: December 24, 2014, 11:16:19 pm »

T40QT-P9N5N-DNCGT
Grabbing this one! :O
Hooray testing!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: December 24, 2014, 11:45:49 pm »

I am trying a mutant gunfighter. I put all points into toughness and agility. I keep running out of bullets. Are there skills or mutations i need to take at creation to craft ammo? I find bows, but i dont know if those are different skills. I wanted to do range fighter cause i do stupid stuff and this lets me make up from it.

You need I think its Tinkering I to make bullets. To get the recipe, you can either invest in pyschometry and "scan" the bullet, also giving you easy access to more grenade recipes and no need for key cards. Otherwise, you must find a data disc and have tinkering I to be able to make bullets. Other then that? The strange glowpad is pretty well stocked, and once you get to the next town, I want to say Grit Gate but I cant remember off the top of my head, the merchant there stocks a lot of ammo too.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: December 25, 2014, 12:19:37 am »

FYI, looks like there's a shader compilation issue on OSX, I added a new branch "previousstable" that you can switch to and should work if you have the pinkscreen issue.

e: Just posted a new build that should fix the pinkscreen. If you still get it on the main branch, send me a log!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 12:59:47 am by unormal »

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 25, 2014, 01:02:01 am »

Took NERHB-HT99P-BF205, thank you. Last time i played this was when the thread had about 10 pages, lets see whats changed :).

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: December 25, 2014, 01:06:16 am »

Took on
L26QX-TIMWD-YJ0D3

Gonna give feedback after xmas though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: December 25, 2014, 12:23:12 pm »

Feature request. An additional tab to the sidebar, that when selected, shows the messages, and a 5*5 minimap of the surrounding 24 squares. When lost, of course, this map should go away or perhaps be scrambled.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: December 25, 2014, 01:14:06 pm »

As someone mentioned, Tinkering I will let you build bullets if you have the recipe.

However, I recommend purchasing them instead; they are cheap and weightless, so you can easily accumulate a lot.  The trick is to avoid relying on bullets for absolutely everything.

Bows use the rifles skill.  Even if you're pistol-focused, high Agility will let you handle weaker enemies.

Ego Projection can be used to boost your agility for shooting things at range, or your strength or toughness for beating things up close.

Alternatively, you can use companions.  Beguile or Proselytize are both very useful for this; your ally will eliminate weaker enemies and will serve as a tank or additional source of damage.

Burgeoning serves to both create hostile terrain to slow enemies down, and to damage them without wasting bullets.  (Although as noted above, the hostile-to-own-party bug currently tends to make Burgeoning useless once it hits, because your plants will attack each other.)

Temporal Fugue is very effective for anyone who uses ammo, since your duplicates won't cost you any.  (This also works with grenades, but obviously, be careful -- your duplicates are sometimes not every smart about it.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:25:24 am by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: December 25, 2014, 01:40:11 pm »

Also, once you get an energy gun, bullets become much easier to handle. Most merchants can recharge cells, at a minimum, and solar cells make it effectively free, even if they are very low cap. Again, tinkering makes this much easier to achieve. Spamming a handful of extra chem cells that can be recharged for a couple of bits a pop makes for easy ammo management. Though, nothing beats double chain pistols for sheer death spam.

Edit: Also, for those cheaters out there, it appears that the gain new mutation option is no longer random. I reloaded fresh saves a bunch of times, fired off a few mutations, and still had the same three choices. Something, Two-hearted, Stunning force for me. I am fairly sure I've seen other choices, but I can't swear to it, as this is the first one I've really tried to scum it. I make mention of this because it may be a bug. Let me do some testing.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:44:12 pm by beorn080 »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2741 on: December 25, 2014, 01:44:47 pm »

Yeah, be careful with temporal fugue. Your dupes will throw grenades ar enemies your meleeing and shoot at enemies with you in the line of fire.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: December 25, 2014, 08:11:24 pm »

Yeah, be careful with temporal fugue. Your dupes will throw grenades ar enemies your meleeing and shoot at enemies with you in the line of fire.
If you have temporal fugue, stay away from HE, Thermal, and poison gas grenades. Everything else is pretty safe. Actually, TF with Cryo MKIII grenades makes quite a few things rather trivial, as the freeze from it lasts forever.

Just finished the testing. It appears that within a single character, the mutation list is set, but changes for each new one now.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: December 27, 2014, 07:18:30 pm »

[CoQ Steam 12-27-2014]
*More tiles
*Enabled vsync
*Tapping a letter on the inventory screen when it's already selected will display it's menu
*Added some missing keys to the default keymap
*Fixed some mismapped tile colors
*Fixed tile detail colors being rendered when out-of-sight
*Fixed look picker flashing the glyph when tiles are enabled
*Changed tile option default to yes

[CoQ Steam 12-27-2014]
*More tiles
*Fixed skulk injector rendering
*Fixed night-vision rendering
*Fixed forcefield rendering
*Fixed stasis field rendering
*Fixed pyro and cryo zone rendering
*Fixed heightened hearing and sense psychic rendering
*Fixed 'always highlight stairs' rendering
*Fixed the small crack's rendering
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:27:12 pm by unormal »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: December 27, 2014, 11:27:30 pm »

Be careful with flamethrower turrets. I accidentally used my flamethrower up in a turret, and, it kinda turned a wall into lava.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 250