Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570690 times)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2700 on: December 20, 2014, 01:32:33 pm »

Slime and the honey skunk acid seem to be invisible in the latest version.

*Actually slime look like water(blue)

Yeah, currently fixing a huge load of things whose rendering was broken by the new pipeline.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:37:15 pm by unormal »

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 20, 2014, 02:39:45 pm »

[CoQ Steam 12-20-2014]
*Fixed liquid volumes not rendering properly
*Fixed gas volumes not rendering properly
*Fixed the unity shell thread not terminating when the gameplay terminates
*Fixed the disable floor textures option not working
*Fixed Clairvoyance not updating properly
*Fixed hidden objects (i.e. young ivories) not being properly hidden
*Fixed night vision goggles not working properly
*Fixed fireflies displaying improperly
*Fixed smoking piles not smoking correctly
*Fixed some quest steps not firing correctly
*Fixed darkvision not working properly
*Fixed a bunch of other things not rendering properly

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 20, 2014, 09:10:38 pm »

[CoQ Steam 12-20-2014]
*Reduced per-turn garbage generation
*Fixed a few remaining missing keybinds
*Fixed rendering of temperature status
*Fixed zonecache directory paths on non-Windows platforms

Should be getting pretty close to parity with the old non-Unity build.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 20, 2014, 10:31:40 pm »

I see some of the mutations got a rebalance in point cost. Very nice. Makes certain mutations much more worth it at 2 points.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2704 on: December 20, 2014, 10:58:16 pm »

And light manipulation is no longer the go-to for any Esper build...

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 20, 2014, 11:09:44 pm »

I was never TOO fond of light manip. It was a good mutation, but several others were much more powerful. Most notably, temporal fugue with a laser weapon and a VERY careful selection of grenades.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2706 on: December 20, 2014, 11:31:45 pm »

Yeah, but Light Manip was cheaper.

Also, Unstable Genome feels like kind've a bad deal, especially if it can get you the 2 cost mutations. Perhaps consider ditching the 33% chance, or dropping the cost to two?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: December 21, 2014, 01:19:26 pm »

Recent bug update: I had the game crash when attempting to load a save file. It processed the "Loading Game [spinny thing]" for about a second, then closed on me. Would the save file be helpful in this instance, or is it a known issue?

It's a shame, really, as I had some decent equipment on that character. I thought to myself that I should probably leave the game open before going to bed, but oh well.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 21, 2014, 02:26:15 pm »

Yeah I'd love any save directories that fail to load.

Recent bug update: I had the game crash when attempting to load a save file. It processed the "Loading Game [spinny thing]" for about a second, then closed on me. Would the save file be helpful in this instance, or is it a known issue?

It's a shame, really, as I had some decent equipment on that character. I thought to myself that I should probably leave the game open before going to bed, but oh well.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 21, 2014, 04:35:54 pm »

I haven't moved it from the default directory for the Unity version, if there's even an option to do so. My CoQ folder is F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Caves of Qud

My save directory shows as C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\LocalLow\DefaultCompany\CavesOfQud\591f2d99-393a-4a55-bf4e-a2d9cbbda46c\ZoneCache

I keep most Steam games on my HDD, which has a terabyte available to it, but it looks like CoQ is liking the AppData folder (a much smaller SSD), which I personally find to be a pain in the ass when it comes to cleaning time.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:37:40 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: December 21, 2014, 04:44:41 pm »

I haven't moved it from the default directory for the Unity version, if there's even an option to do so. My CoQ folder is F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Caves of Qud

My save directory shows as C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\LocalLow\DefaultCompany\CavesOfQud\591f2d99-393a-4a55-bf4e-a2d9cbbda46c\ZoneCache

I keep most Steam games on my HDD, which has a terabyte available to it, but it looks like CoQ is liking the AppData folder (a much smaller SSD), which I personally find to be a pain in the ass when it comes to cleaning time.

That's Unity's default persistant-file path. It actually fixes a long-running problem of CoQ jamming it's saves in program files... but I could make it an option somewhere.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: December 21, 2014, 04:55:26 pm »

Here's the Output upon attempting to load the game (I saved the previous one as _old so that it would just show a clean start to load to crash):

http://pastebin.com/aBTkhrh3

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 21, 2014, 05:49:00 pm »

Looks like I missed out on the keys, ah well. Still, I can't wait to see this on Steam. I remember playing this all the time back in high school. It's been more than a few years since I've played it, but I saw this thread stay active for a few days, and decided to check in. I'm so glad there's still development on it, and I'd gladly but it when it comes out on Steam. As Covenant said a few pages ago, this has always been (at least in my mind) one of the quintessential modern roguelikes.  It's one of those roguelikes that you just have to play to fully appreciate the genre, and I can't tell you how happy I am that it's finally seeing some love again and even a Steam release.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 21, 2014, 08:52:42 pm »

I was never TOO fond of light manip. It was a good mutation, but several others were much more powerful. Most notably, temporal fugue with a laser weapon and a VERY careful selection of grenades.
Burgeoning is also quite good early on, and very cheap...  although the hostile-to-self bug makes me reluctant to use it, since it becomes drastically weaker once the bug hits (the plants you summon will attack each other.)

Another small bug:

The continuous field effect for Cryokinesis doesn't seem to be drawn.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 08:57:49 pm by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2714 on: December 21, 2014, 11:27:54 pm »

Yeah, I really wish burgeoning weren't so buggy.

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 250