Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570900 times)

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2490 on: September 27, 2012, 08:29:19 pm »

Epic bad luck right there.

But what sucks worst is stupid slugsnouts. If you as much as SEE one in Redrock... you're gonna have a bad time. But you have a few options.

1 - Waste a grenade to pwn it in the face. Luring to stairs, throwing a poison gas grenade and then going upstairs is a good way to take them out.
2 - Waste a bunch of salves to TRY and stay alive after getting shot multiple times.
3 - Run away, train until you're 4 levels higher, come back and beat it.
4 - Accept that the game hates you and give up.  :(

If you think slug snout are bad, wait for the chaingun turrets...

I once found the lair of a legendary chaingun turret with a confusion attack..

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: September 27, 2012, 09:01:18 pm »

Slugsnouts can be nasty, they have high damage, good penetration and unlike turrets can move around corners to keep shooting you.
That said, I have never died to a turret. They have been dangerous a few times when I underestimated their damage and there were multiple ones in view, but died, although I could see how a confusion attack on a legendary could be a pain in the ass.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: September 28, 2012, 08:56:56 am »

wow i forgot you can close this game without warning, just lost half an hour of progress by accidentally clicking on the x :(

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: September 28, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »

Slugsnouts can be nasty, they have high damage, good penetration and unlike turrets can move around corners to keep shooting you.
That said, I have never died to a turret. They have been dangerous a few times when I underestimated their damage and there were multiple ones in view, but died, although I could see how a confusion attack on a legendary could be a pain in the ass.

In one game I started, I was heading to Red Rocks and either got lost or stumbled onto some ruins.  Either way, I walked out in front of a opening in the wall and was hit by a flurry of bullets, killing me instantly.

They're definitely nasty early on, but just about everything can be.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: September 28, 2012, 11:35:51 pm »

Slug snouts: Why I carry a gun.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: September 29, 2012, 01:15:17 am »

I am trying to play as a tank. A guy with a ton of health running around in heavy armor with a shotgun and a mace/shield.

What would you guys spec him as? I've got tons of willpower, then a ton of toughness, a bit of strength and ego, and int/agility are barely touched.

mutations are regeneration, fur, light, plant summoning

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: September 30, 2012, 11:25:36 am »

I would say agility is sort of important if you want to hit with your mace most of the time.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: September 30, 2012, 01:22:08 pm »

I want to be a blob of health that only takes 1 damage at a time, using my mental abilities to fight for me, the mace is just cause it's the highest penetration value. Unless there is a downside to wielding a weapon you can't use?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: September 30, 2012, 01:33:38 pm »

maybe you should try heavy weapons if you find any?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: September 30, 2012, 01:40:41 pm »

Honestly, a gun would probably be better then a mace. Especially a laser pistol or something.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: September 30, 2012, 07:38:29 pm »

Well yeah but why not wield both?  Btw, going for shotgun, that count as a heavy weapon?

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: October 01, 2012, 01:11:36 am »

I found massive health guy to be one of the easier ways to play the game, whatever weps you are trying to use.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: October 01, 2012, 03:37:41 am »

meh, ive always got the furthest with dual dagger/pistol builds, for some reason.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: October 01, 2012, 06:55:41 pm »

meh, ive always got the furthest with dual dagger/pistol builds, for some reason.
I think it's because dual-wielding requires lots of agility, and that means never missing, and never missing means you're a hell of a lot more effective all the time.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: October 11, 2012, 12:53:29 pm »

I think I've always done best with the Eunuch build. (High Agility and Intelligence) then breaking into tinkering later usually, even though it seems less and less necessary the more I play sometimes since I tend to find everything I need in ruins.

Which reminds me, has anyone made a list on what can be created from Masterful Butchery? I know you can get things from salt hoppers, cave crabs, albino apes and chitinous pumas, but is there anything else out there?
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 250