Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570905 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2475 on: September 15, 2012, 11:46:46 pm »

Ok, so desalinating the slime gave me gel, and mixing the gel with the honey got me uncouthe (or something like that) honey, and honeyed gel. Both of which didn't seem to cure me. Am I missing something here?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: September 16, 2012, 12:48:07 am »

You have to wait a while for that dram to take effect, then you have to drink it a dram at a time for several days that way till your stats are fully cured.

Also, are you sure it's honey in your current game? It's different in each game, you have to check the book.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: September 16, 2012, 09:29:04 am »

Yes I checked the book for this. I guess I will just stand here for days, waiting for it to take effect...

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: September 16, 2012, 01:15:24 pm »

Yes I checked the book for this. I guess I will just stand here for days, waiting for it to take effect...

Haha, well, bind "wait 100" it'll make it go by quickly ;)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: September 18, 2012, 11:46:07 pm »

*Added support for data-driven ammo types

<object Name="12 Gauge Shotgun" Inherits="BaseMagazineRifle">
    <part Name="Render" DisplayName="12 gauge shotgun" RenderString=")"></part>
    <part Name="Physics" bUsesTwoSlots="true" Weight="16"></part>
    <part Name="Commerce" Value="100"></part>
    <part Name="MissileWeapon" Skill="Rifle" NoWildfire="true" NoAmmoProjectile="ProjectileCombatShotgunPellet" ShotsPerAction="8" AmmoPerAction="1" ShotsPerAnimation="8" WeaponAccuracy="35" RangeIncrement="6"></part>
    <part Name="Description" Short="A stockless, pump-action shotgun of jet black."></part>
    <part Name="Metal"></part>
    <part Name="TinkerItem" Bits="0014" CanDisassemble="true" CanBuild="true" CanRepair="true"></part>
    <tag Name="Tier" Value="3"></tag>
    <part Name="Examiner" AlternateDisplayName="rifle" Complexity="3" Difficulty="0"></part>

<part Name="MagazineAmmoLoader" ProjectileObject="" AmmoPart="Ammo12Gauge" MaxAmmo="6"></part> // The ProjectileObject is blank, so the loader will fire what the ammo defines. The AmmoPart is set to a unique ID that will be used in the Ammo object
  </object>

<object Name="Projectile12Gauge" Inherits="Projectile"> // Define the projectile object like this
    <part Name="Projectile" BasePenetration="4" BaseDamage="100d200" ColorString="&amp;y"></part>
    <part Name="Physics" IsReal="false"></part>
  </object>

<object Name="12 Gauge Shell" Inherits="Projectile">
    <part Name="Render" DisplayName="12 gauge 00 buckshot" ColorString="&amp;y"></part>
    <part Name="Physics" Category="Ammo"></part>
    <part Name="Description" Short="A brass-cased cartridge of round lead balls."></part>
    <part Name="TinkerItem" Bits="C" CanBuild="true" CanRepair="false" CanDisassemble="false" NumberMade="4"></part>
    <part Name="Commerce" Value="0.04"></part>

<part Name="AmmoGeneric" ProjectileObject="Projectile12Gauge"></part> // Add an "AmmoGeneric" part with the ProjectileObject set to the bullet that will be fired with this ammo type
    <tag Name="AmmoPartType" Value="Ammo12Gauge"></tag> // Add an AmmoPartType that matches the MagazineAmmoLoader spec in the missle weappon
    <tag Name="Ammo12Gauge"></tag> // Add a tag that matches the name of the part type defined in AmmoPartType
  </object>

If you wanted to create a second kind of 12 gauge shell, you'd copy the 12 Gauge Shell object, give it a new name, and change the "ProjectileObject" of the AmmoGeneric part to the new bullet type. Everything else remains the same.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: September 19, 2012, 09:30:43 am »

I seem to be having a new problem. I am "forgetting" the terrain. After curing myself I find that discovered areas turn black again after a while. Does anyone know what is happening?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: September 19, 2012, 10:21:08 am »

sounds like the negative mental mutation amnesia, which erases all your memories from 30? turns before.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: September 19, 2012, 06:02:56 pm »

Hmmmm I may have accidentally wished for it. Is there a way to erase all mutations?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: September 19, 2012, 08:19:38 pm »

*Fixed an issue with modded encounter table loading

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: September 24, 2012, 09:20:37 am »

I'm guessing I'm playing with amnesia....

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: September 24, 2012, 01:53:35 pm »

*Removed an accidently-included user mod

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: September 25, 2012, 09:27:07 pm »

I never live long enough to get any of these fancy new "cybernetics."

Can anyone give me a tiny spoiler about when they're available and what one of them may do? Can they compete with the epic power of good mutations? Do they work off of batteries (ugh)?

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: September 27, 2012, 10:50:18 am »

Rolling up a True Man with the express purpose of getting some cybernetics.

Ares the Fuming God-Child

After I finished looting and bribing Argyve with crayons, I head out to Red Rock.  Had to waste a salve because I got impaled by an Ivory as I being pelted with seeds.  I had to waste my second (and last) salve after being blasted in the face with Pyrokinesis from a snapjaw.  I got a laborer security card for my efforts, so it was well worth it. 

This was just level 1 of Red Rock.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: September 27, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »

Epic bad luck right there.

But what sucks worst is stupid slugsnouts. If you as much as SEE one in Redrock... you're gonna have a bad time. But you have a few options.

1 - Waste a grenade to pwn it in the face. Luring to stairs, throwing a poison gas grenade and then going upstairs is a good way to take them out.
2 - Waste a bunch of salves to TRY and stay alive after getting shot multiple times.
3 - Run away, train until you're 4 levels higher, come back and beat it.
4 - Accept that the game hates you and give up.  :(

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: September 27, 2012, 07:58:35 pm »

im running a true human atm, and i dont see what the problem is with slugsnouts. sure, if you're running the fragile bones defect you're gonna have a bad time, but chances are very low you will see one before you're at least level 3.

i started 19 toughness 22 agi, and i just duck back behind a corner whenever i see one, since engaging them in melee is so much easier than in ranged. then you just have to be wary of large open spaces.

although i have died to SS's a couple times when i thought it was just a seed vine and charged it...
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 250