Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 571025 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2370 on: April 12, 2012, 08:15:44 am »

I'm annoyed by the anti-aliasing in this game, but lets give it a try anyway!

EDIT:
Walked up to someone, died instantly.
Nope, not playing, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:17:23 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: April 12, 2012, 08:21:16 am »

EDIT:
Eh?

What? How? Who did you walk up to? Did you try to "t"alk to someone? Cause the t key is throw in this game, and you might have just tried to talk to people through the medium of hand grenades.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 12, 2012, 09:19:03 am »

EDIT:
Eh?

What? How? Who did you walk up to? Did you try to "t"alk to someone? Cause the t key is throw in this game, and you might have just tried to talk to people through the medium of hand grenades.

I walked up to a w.
Got frozen to death.
May try again, thanks for clearing up.
I think i just walked in his direction while still next to him.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2373 on: April 12, 2012, 09:54:19 am »

EDIT:
Eh?

I walked up to a w.
Got frozen to death.
You don't just get frozen for no reason. If you aggro'd the guardian in Jappa he probably attacked you and I believe he does have cryokinesis. Maybe don't attack the villagers? (Except the zealot, nobody cares about him)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: April 12, 2012, 09:55:31 am »

EDIT:
Eh?

I walked up to a w.
Got frozen to death.
Thats odd. Were you by any chance holding ctrl when you moved towards him, or attacked anyone before that? Usually with friendlies you just switch positions.

Also that w is warden whatshisface. Dude has freezing hands and protects the village, so its best not to attack anyone besides the zealot. You can take freezing hands too, if you play mutant.

EDIT: Partially ninjad. The warden doesnt have cryokinesis.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2375 on: April 12, 2012, 09:56:11 am »

Yeah I didn't remember which one he had.

Aplsos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: April 19, 2012, 01:22:55 am »

Is there any way to get through Golgotha without contracting glotrot? Every time I got in, I come out and lose my tongue, every damned time. I don't even touch the "Q" guy, and I vaporize all the sludge I find (and avoid any vapors).

Two weeks old, but I'm pretty sure it's the glowwight cultists of Agolgut and the black/blue jels that can disease you.  Since I began avoiding melee range with them at any cost, none of my characters have come down with it.  Flamethrower, grenades, carbine, whatever, kill them before they touch you.

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: April 19, 2012, 01:30:21 am »

I think if you actually just look at each enemy it tells you if they have a disease or not.  Thats what I do before engaging in melee anyway, and I havent got glotrot since the first time I was in there...

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: April 19, 2012, 11:56:11 pm »

The eels and the boss give you glotrot.  Whenever you fight the eels there is a chance of them tripping you and you get the message.

BlahBlah splashed into your mouth you feel sick.  You can use the yucky food or wait a bit.  With high levels in toughness you usually get the message "You feel better" after a while.

Aplsos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: April 20, 2012, 04:14:03 am »

I think the feeling sick message is seperate from getting a disease, it means you won't regenerate health until it wears off.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: April 24, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »

I found an emergency services keycard today. at first i thought it was just for green doors, but it turns out it unlocks every door (though ive not tried it on pink yet)

also my tinker i got me an empty injector. i made one and bled half to death when i used it :/ kinda logical but a bit of a letdown.

edit: no, ESKC doesnt work on pink doors. also I hate chute crabs.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:28:37 pm by Twiggie »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: April 24, 2012, 08:00:23 pm »

AFAIK the security cards are 'ranked' of a sort, and higher ranks open the appropriate door and all lower security doors. So I guess pink is higher than green.

I think I've only ever found red cards and maybe one time a yellow, which could open yellow and red doors.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 29, 2012, 02:03:45 am »

I was playing a mutant gunslinger, when I got lost heading to the rusted archway. I traveled a few squares when I came across a farm, occupied by pigs and a few herding dogs. There was only one entrance, and I wanted to get out the other side, so I attacked one of the walls and destroyed it.

At that moment, all hell broke loose.

When I broke through the wall, the farmer (evidently trapped outside) threw a poison gas grenade at me, while every single goddamned animal in the paddock surrounded me and mauled me to death.
So everything became hostile to me for attacking a wall?
It was weird.

Also, with the rust wells, when you go all the way to the bottom, is it supposed to become giant gaping caverns?
I could move around the map like I would have outside at ground level, twas weird.
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: April 29, 2012, 08:23:22 am »

The "destroy walls" thing is intentional. It was primarily to stop people from destroying the walls in Grit Gate to access merchants/areas that are only supposed to be accessible after completing some of the main quest. And it does make sense to some extent - you're destroying an individual's property - although it is certainly a mite aggressive to start lobbing grenades at a guy for breaking your fence, and sicking your otherwise domestic pork pack on them.

The rust wells thing shouldn't happen, no. In that case it is a failure of the level generation system but I don't know whether it's temporarily intentional (you see a similar happen when you go up stairs from the ground level of the Six Day Stilt, because that area hasn't been coded/completed yet) or a bug with your game specifically. Usually, unique sites occupy just a few levels below the surface, and beyond that (assuming you can even continue downward) the underground just continues with the basic randomly generated levels, as though you had descended from a random map tile.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: April 29, 2012, 11:15:55 am »

The bigger, open caverns are relatively new, but intended. Different than when the levels just fail to build and it's 100% empty space.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 250