Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 571039 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2355 on: April 03, 2012, 12:56:22 am »

Before you go into Golgotha get a yuckwheat stem, you can use it to cure Glotrot (but only before it fully progresses to rotting your tongue out), and eat it as soon as you leave if you get the disease.

I am pretty sure that you can only get it from sludge and/or the poison the Q shoots at you, but I am not exactly sure which triggers it (or if both can).

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: April 03, 2012, 12:56:55 am »

I believe there's a consumable that cures glotrot, try stockpiling it.

Also, I got murdered by a pig farmer after I got lost and ended up between two fences with no doors.

Edit: Faster-Post-No-Jutsu!

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: April 03, 2012, 01:06:54 am »

Before you go into Golgotha get a yuckwheat stem, you can use it to cure Glotrot (but only before it fully progresses to rotting your tongue out), and eat it as soon as you leave if you get the disease.

I am pretty sure that you can only get it from sludge and/or the poison the Q shoots at you, but I am not exactly sure which triggers it (or if both can).
Yeah, I tried that when my "throat got sore" didn't work, and the consumable requires honey and wine for me, as well as oil, all in a canteen, on fire.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 03, 2012, 02:33:35 am »

For what its worth, there is a person in Bethsda Suda that sells 1 dram of every liquid in the game. It will take quite a while to get there, and the enemies in that area are super strong, but if you can handle it you can get the ingredients for the cure (or you can just hope that merchants stock honey and wine, and get the oil from the asphalt mines).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 03, 2012, 02:37:37 am »

At the lower levels of Bethsda Suda you will find pools of all liquids anyway. Btw, sell canteens filled with magma for great profit.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: April 03, 2012, 04:22:57 am »

Nope.
Unless there was a change recently in how Bethsda Suda is generated (and that wasn't included in the change logs), I can confidently state that the only liquid besides water that you will find naturally in Bethsda Suda (because killing the jelly enemy can make lava temporarily) is the covalence liquid that heals you.

Also, Bethsda Suda's temperature is at or around -100, any lava you find there would quickly freeze over.

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: April 05, 2012, 08:19:43 pm »

So does attacking with your offhand take turn?  Would be pretty lame cause I keep smacking them with my torch instead of my carbide blingstick.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: April 05, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »

Attacking with your offhand is executed randomly per attack and is automatically done without taking any more time, without any skill in dual wield I think it's 10%, with 75% at the highest.

Make sure you're wielding your main weapon in your main hand, otherwise it'll be treated as the offhand weapon.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:52 am »

there are two other skills that improve dual wielding - Akimbo for dual'ing pistols and Jab? in short blades which doubles your chance to offhand attack with a short blade.

EDIT: just lost my awesome esper with prosthetic arms... because i misfired my cryokinesis. :(

EDITEDIT: do dual-wield skills apply for people with four arms?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:07:51 pm by Twiggie »

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: April 07, 2012, 09:25:05 pm »

When should I do the raising indrix quest? I usually shoot for 100hp and decent loot or 85 hp and amazing loot for Golgotha.

I've had characters that obtained chainguns in the Joppa chests, I've had espers that fry brains, but none have compared to my most recent character.  He's a mutant dual wielding axes with these stats

Regeneration 6
EMP pulse 3
Mental mirror 4
Night Vision  (Regen and Night vision on char select and 2x unstable genome)
S: 24
A: 17
T: 22
I: 19
W:11
E: 17
and 77 hp

He's a total monster being able to nullify esper powers and disable machines so I'm taking it real slow, don't want him to die.

edit: I can't load my chaingun for some reason.  Sniper rifle, revolver, and desert rifle all work fine, I'm guessing I don't meet some stat requirements or what?

edit 2: Glitch, I have a chaingun that reads empty but shoots fine without taking any ammo.  Too much pride to use it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:54:19 pm by Teach »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 07, 2012, 11:41:53 pm »

edit 2: Glitch, I have a chaingun that reads empty but shoots fine without taking any ammo.  Too much pride to use it.
Pride doesn't keep you alive. If you have an infinite-ammo chaingun, I saw go apeshit on whatever you're up against.
But I can kind of see where you're coming from.

Your character build is really good, too - that's why you've survived so long.
If you make a mutated character, Night Vision is absolutely necessary. Essentially, it spares you any need to carry a light source, provides better vision than torches in the darkness, and allows you to use your off hand for a shield or a second weapon.
Regeneration is also incredibly useful. Being able to get your HP back twice as fast as an opponent can means you can flee, come back, and have an advantage because the enemy is wounded.

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 08, 2012, 01:10:52 am »

He died, possibly the most epic death I could envision.  I ran into a Pink goatfolk shaman and tried to kill him.  My mistake was not checking his inventory before I engaged.  I only noticed after I got frozen that he had the freezing hands mutation.  I tried to sprint out but every 3-5 steps I kept getting frozen and beaten over the head by the goatfolk scum.  I then decided, fuck it, I will light my self on fire and I ran through about 4 thermal grenades before getting run down and frozen.  At this point I had went through about 5 salve injectors (1 fail) and my ubernostrum (also fail).  I then deliberated for a couple minutes on my next move and decided to enter a state of cryogenic sleep (freeze grenade mk III).

I emerged from the sate of sleep with all at 102/102 health and ran into the next area where he caught up to me (unfortunately unfreezing a few turns after I did) and I realized death was inevitable so I planted 2 HE mk2 grenades and decided to mark the spot where I was to rest with a mountain of goatfolk corpses.

If I had considered these measures in the first place I would have been able to get away. 
Freeze nade first=>ensures full Hp+sprint being up Thermal nades second=>Being able to sprint without getting frozen attaining an appreciable distance on the goatfolk horde.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 08, 2012, 01:21:20 am »

Thats why I love cyrokenisis and mental mutations.
You can freeze yourself to a icicle (along with all your enemies), then blow their heads off with your mind.
It even works with your evil twin, since it appears that enemies can take absolutely no actions while frozen, while you have a bit more leeway.

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 11, 2012, 06:18:02 pm »

Hello, I have never had issues playing the game before, well, it has only ever worked in console mode for me, but it has worked fine like that.  However, the most recent update is now giving me this error whenever I try to start a character, once I get into Joppa. 

Turn:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.PlayerTurn() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 247
   at XRL.Core.ActionManager.RunSegment() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.ActionManager.cs:line 470

And I can do nothing.  This makes me very sad, as I enjoy Caves of Qud quite a bit.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 12, 2012, 06:28:00 am »

Pro tip: after you've leveled up a bit, and want a desert rifle/money, head to the west to the sand dunes.
Just run around killing the white 'h's (hunters or something) every single one drops a desert rifle, and they sell for a decent amount, as well as being a nice gun.

Also, I haven't seen Unormal around for a while, does anyone know of upcoming updates?
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 250