Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 571107 times)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2100 on: July 25, 2011, 07:20:59 pm »

*Fixed an issue where selecting a rifle special shot-type activated ability from the menu and then hitting space to select a target in the aim window would cause the shot to be a normal shot

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 28, 2011, 07:30:10 pm »

How exactly does butchering work? I must be missing some vital part of it, because so far.. nothing.
Does one need a special knife? Stand in place for 10 turns? Pick the corpse or leave it on the ground?

Regards!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 28, 2011, 07:31:08 pm »

You autobutcher when you kill the enemy.
Not all foes can be butchered
*Hugs*

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 28, 2011, 07:33:36 pm »

Do i need a special tool? I've taken Butchering at level 2, to help me with food, and i've hit 13 just a few minutes ago, with 0 butchered corpses. (And since it's Caves of Qud, you can imagine that the kills were in thousands)

Edit : Bears, Boars, Humanoids.. you name it. Something had to be butcherable :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:37:12 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 28, 2011, 07:51:31 pm »

You have to step on top of the corpse.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 28, 2011, 08:30:26 pm »

You have to step on top of the corpse.

Also, make sure you didn't accidentally toggle off butchering on your skills screen.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: August 07, 2011, 05:22:21 pm »

*Added a zone builder for the banana grove
*Changed Banana Tree ascii, they are now harvestable
*Updated missle weapon renderer to display projectiles that use a - with the appropriate angle
*Fixed a stunning force stack overflow
*Fixed some issues with some non-melee penetration rolls
*Fixed lase being able to fire through walls
*Fixed beguiled creatures displaying as hostile
*Fixed mass mind proccing on the world map

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: August 15, 2011, 04:58:44 pm »

So, I'm in love with this game.  I have had some tremendous experiences with it.  Some of the most fun have been with Beguilers and Dominaters.  Especially together, because then you can take your beguiled companion and upgrade his equipment, skills, etc.  However, it's recently come to my attention that after you dominate him you will no longer receive experience for his kills.  And if you attempt to beguile a second time it results in them being hostile forever.  This saddens me, because I wanted to be able to really pump up a companion and reap the exp benefits.  Is this a bug, or intentional?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: August 16, 2011, 12:13:54 am »

So, I'm in love with this game.  I have had some tremendous experiences with it.  Some of the most fun have been with Beguilers and Dominaters.  Especially together, because then you can take your beguiled companion and upgrade his equipment, skills, etc.  However, it's recently come to my attention that after you dominate him you will no longer receive experience for his kills.  And if you attempt to beguile a second time it results in them being hostile forever.  This saddens me, because I wanted to be able to really pump up a companion and reap the exp benefits.  Is this a bug, or intentional?

There's still some XP distribution issues when you stack all those effects that need to be worked out. Make sure you're using the latest version, though.

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: August 16, 2011, 11:00:58 am »

There's still some XP distribution issues when you stack all those effects that need to be worked out. Make sure you're using the latest version, though.

Yes, I'm using the latest version.  I guess I'll have to hold out and hope it gets fixed somewhere down the line.  It really does add a whole new level to be able to customize your beguiled companion extensively.  On another note: Goatfolk.  Oh, how I hate them.  They've claimed the majority of my characters.

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: August 18, 2011, 09:16:21 pm »

Another thing I've been running into a lot is a strange error that will suddenly throw me up from a low level to something like level 25.  Sometimes the game crashes after this, but sometimes I'm just allowed to keep playing with a quickly buffed self.  Of course, when I'm really into a character this completely ruins it for me.  It's only happened rarely, but this is the third time I've seen it, with it resulting in an instant crash this time.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: August 18, 2011, 09:27:07 pm »

Another thing I've been running into a lot is a strange error that will suddenly throw me up from a low level to something like level 25.  Sometimes the game crashes after this, but sometimes I'm just allowed to keep playing with a quickly buffed self.  Of course, when I'm really into a character this completely ruins it for me.  It's only happened rarely, but this is the third time I've seen it, with it resulting in an instant crash this time.

The crash log on your clipboard would help, if there is one.

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: August 18, 2011, 10:10:59 pm »

The crash log on your clipboard would help, if there is one.

I'll be sure to get it if it happens again....I should have gotten it this time, but I was upset and it's since been replaced.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: August 19, 2011, 01:46:56 am »

I just had my best playthrough:

Mutant, Photosynthetic skin, light manipulation (my god this is good), flaming hands, psychometry, and the beak.
I got to (I think) Level 9, and died from a spark-tic in Golgotha.

I played much more carefully this time, and actually went quite well.
Any suggestions for next time? I feel as though I could have done much better

Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2114 on: August 20, 2011, 06:05:28 pm »

So, I've been playing this, swimming around in ponds and killing things for no discernable reason but I have a question, which is namely, what is the little arrow on weapon stats? Attack speed?

Found it out, nevermind.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:09:38 pm by Seriyu »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 250