Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 571015 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1980 on: June 07, 2011, 01:50:12 am »

I think it is, but I would have to run a new game and I'm in the middle of an excellent one at the moment. Basically, Recycling Suit + Photo skin + 1/6 thirst should equal unlimited game time. Not 100% positive on that though. Its not an issue though. If the world map is 85 x 30, with 9 squares each. Add in lairs and caves that can extend up to 20 tiles down, and you get a MASSIVE number of map screens that would be nearly impossible to clear out, even if you just removed the food and water clocks.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: June 07, 2011, 10:49:07 am »

Hmm. Speaking of food and thirst, does Fasting Way/Mind over Body also reduce the frequency in which you need to recharge with Photosynthesis? Or douse yourself with the Amphibious defect?

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #1982 on: June 09, 2011, 07:23:37 pm »

Okay, someone needs to fix hordes of apes appearing outside of the first cave. That's just not a cool thing to throw at a level 1. There are also occasionally slugsnouts in there.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 09, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »

The apes are NOT that hard if you have even a borderlands revolver.

Edit: Is it a bug that you can't pour out flamethrowers? I kinda wanted to get a dram or two of oil to play with from the flamethrower I purchased, but the pour menu for it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:22:22 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #1984 on: June 09, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »

I guess I just had a stroke of bad luck with the apes. The character I've been playing for the past hour is one of the my best ever. He just seems to find everything he needs.  ???

Are two handed guns like shotguns and chainguns affected by Bows & Rifles skills?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: June 09, 2011, 10:02:30 pm »

I think all two handers are effected by rifle skills, unless they are specifically noted as being heavy weapons. Personally, I think Akimbo is better then all the skills in rifles put together, but that's just my opinion from a game with two purchased plastic armors that got converted into a pair of overcharged laser pistols. Though, if you get aiming down, Rifles would be amazing against single targets.

Edit: Is there any way to force Fugue clones to use guns over melee? Just tinkered up a flame thrower and want my three clones to unleash firey death upon my foes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1986 on: June 11, 2011, 10:31:01 pm »

I think it is, but I would have to run a new game and I'm in the middle of an excellent one at the moment. Basically, Recycling Suit + Photo skin + 1/6 thirst should equal unlimited game time. Not 100% positive on that though. Its not an issue though. If the world map is 85 x 30, with 9 squares each. Add in lairs and caves that can extend up to 20 tiles down, and you get a MASSIVE number of map screens that would be nearly impossible to clear out, even if you just removed the food and water clocks.
Wasn't there a way to 'dig down' at any point on the map as well to generate more underground area? And can't you dig 'off map' from the lairs and caves to find randomly generated areas?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: June 11, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »

You can't dig down, yet, but you can set up a debug key that lets you go down or up levels without stairs. And yes, you can dig across anywhere and find more caves and such, but its quite rare, though possible. For instance, I used disintegrate in Golgantha about 4 floors down, and it opened up a new cave to the south of it. Also, if you haven't gone to Golgantha, get a strong character, BACK UP THE SAVE, and head there. Its quite fun but horrifically unbalanced.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #1988 on: June 12, 2011, 04:56:40 pm »

Yeah it took a level 18 character with 150+ health and immunity to electricity to get through Golgotha. At least I got a nice gun out of it.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: June 12, 2011, 05:43:13 pm »

The electricity one is by far the easiest route there. I just ran my horribly overpowered character down through it, and didn't get hit once. Just takes timing. Now, if you land in the chute crab route, or the acid route, your screwed. Even with a phase cannon, the one time I tried that I couldn't kill them fast enough to keep from being surrounded.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: June 12, 2011, 05:45:29 pm »

*The old autoinjectors have been replaced with a variety of tonics. Applying more than one tonic effect at the same time will risk an overdose, with negative effects, so choose carefully. True men generally gain more benefit from various tonics, and mutants are typically more vulnerable to negative side-effects.
*You can now apply unidentified injectors. Doing this will cause them to become identified.
*9 new tonics
*5 new items
*1 new manual page on Tonics
*Added the ability for tinkering recipies to include item ingredients in addition to, or instead of, bits
*Resistances are now displayed on the character sheet
*Reduced the encounter density in Golgotha
*Somewhat reduced the damage from flame jets in Golgotha
*Somewhat reduced the damage from acid jets in Gologtha
*Greatly reduced the HP and AV of Jells in Gologtha
*Reduced the AV of drillbots, scrapbots and chute crabs
*Greatly reduced the HP of agolflies
*Slightly reduced the HP of Sewage Eels in Golgotha
*Reduced the HP of spitting slugs
*Somewhat reduced steam damage
*Somewhat reduced acid damage
*Somewhat increased the rarity of medical consumables
*Updated natural weapons to have more consistant weapon skills
*Added a warning when jumping into pits that are probably going to instakill you
*Fixed effects to be cleaned a bit more consistantly
*Fixed a few places where temperature was set directly instead of by event
*Fixed a lot of it's
*Fixed various liquid effects so they do not effect flying or phased creatures
*Fixed butchery to correctly display the butchered item's display name instead of blueprint id
*Fixed phase cannon's charge use
*Fixed some bugs causing the damage readout during combat to not match the actual damage taken if damage was reduced or increased
*Fixed missle weapon projectiles not applying the correct damage attributes
*Fixed: Confusion levels are now correctly serialized
*Fixed: Confusion levels are now correctly removed if applied to a creature that is the player, and later removed if the player has changed bodies

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: June 12, 2011, 05:46:50 pm »

Oh heck yes.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: June 12, 2011, 09:06:23 pm »

*Fixed phase cannon's charge use
Goodbye Autowin super weapon of doom. Though, I shan't update till that character bites it. One shotting Slumberlings is too much fun.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: June 12, 2011, 10:47:29 pm »

*Modified the elder's reward
*Fixed an exception in Blaze tonics

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: June 13, 2011, 09:29:02 am »

Ew. Started a new game and walked in on Argyve and the zealot getting it on. Not something I want to imagine given his description.

Edit: And then the zealot died a couple turns afterward. WTF?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 250