Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570967 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1935 on: May 21, 2011, 09:18:01 pm »

Wow. I was wandering the NW watervine marshes looking for traders, and accidentally wandered into the salt flats, where I found a Legendary Salt Kraken lair, and immediately went from level 1 to level 5.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: May 21, 2011, 09:43:33 pm »

I fight robots and hard stuff one at a time by just going back upstairs (only 1 or 2 will follow) and using choke points all the damn time

That makes sense if you are skilled with a melee weapon, but as a low STR Artifex, with only a musket and a stun rod, it's a bit more involved and takes forever.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: May 21, 2011, 09:52:12 pm »

I fight robots and hard stuff one at a time by just going back upstairs (only 1 or 2 will follow) and using choke points all the damn time

That makes sense if you are skilled with a melee weapon, but as a low STR Artifex, with only a musket and a stun rod, it's a bit more involved and takes forever.

Id run like shit from robots if all I had was a musket and stun rod tbh, they are just too tough for me at that stage, yeah, most of my builds are generally high toughness/intel with a fair amount of melee skill though and I dont go into golgatha until im about lvl 12 or higher. 

Out of curiosity, how do other people actually deal with the huge swarms of high level enemies that will be all around you when you go into a dungeon or whatever?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: May 21, 2011, 09:57:14 pm »

First:  I try to get away where I can take them on with more even odds.  If that doesn't work, run, throw grenades.
Last:  Sprint away

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: May 22, 2011, 01:27:04 pm »

Holy crap, this game is amazing, the gameplay is complex and rewarding, the development is active, and the ASCII effects make it so pleasing to look at! I'm seriously thinking about registrating my copy as soon as I can.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: May 22, 2011, 01:31:34 pm »

Yeah this game is  professional quality, and really could be shareware marketable.

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: May 22, 2011, 02:10:48 pm »

Yeah this game is  professional quality, and really could be shareware marketable.

Right now, this game is already much better than many games I've paid real money for.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: May 22, 2011, 06:56:37 pm »

Agreed, this is an amazing game.

Bug? I opted for random mutations with my tinkerer type character, and I got Heat Immunity as a choice.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: May 22, 2011, 07:00:59 pm »

Agreed, this is an amazing game.

Bug? I opted for random mutations with my tinkerer type character, and I got Heat Immunity as a choice.

It's available if you've got prerelease content enabled.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: May 22, 2011, 07:07:37 pm »

Just as a random mutation? Since its not on the list of mutations to choose from.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: May 22, 2011, 07:11:16 pm »

Right now, this game is already much better than many games I've paid real money for.

It really is. The later game has a few chunks missing I think but since development is so active, it gets new stuff added all the time.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: May 22, 2011, 08:22:43 pm »

By the time I actually get good at this, late game content will be so backlogged on my end it won't matter, so there will be no holes in game play. Hooray for -- gaming skills!

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: May 23, 2011, 12:28:12 am »

*Fixed an exception with conversation UI and glotrot
*Added support for more symbol keys in free entry fields
*Roads and rivers more robust in the face of impassable zones

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: May 25, 2011, 02:27:40 pm »

A nice set of bug fixes.

A tip for all you temporal fuguer's. Don't equip yourself with MKIII freeze grenades then fugue.  Especially when you get into having 2 or more clones, the amount of temperature drop will freeze an area about the size of a glowsphere's light for easily 30-40 turns on the outside edge. The center can easily be frozen for a good hundred turns, which is great when there is something you NEED dead but sucks when they decide to throw them at an enemy right next to you. Oh, and High Explosive grenades are right out. Those will kill you dead period.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 29, 2011, 03:37:08 am »

Maybe someone can better inform me of how to use the snipe, or for that matter, the aim abilities.  I aim for three rounds and then try to activate snipe but nothing happens.  Also, what method of firing am I supposed to use after aiming for three rounds if I don't use another ability like snipe (ie. shoot regularly after aiming).  I use the 'f' key to fire at an enemy but it tells me that my aim was broken.  Does the aim still count toward the shot? 

Also, possible bug...  I kill worker ants and they leave behind fire ant corpses.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:22:36 am by Carrion »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 250