Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570916 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1875 on: May 10, 2011, 09:22:30 am »

In the southwestern building, to be specific.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: May 10, 2011, 09:30:46 am »

Err... How do I deal with an evil twin who has thick fur, slime glands, level 3 pyrokinesis, level 3 light manipulation and level 3 regeneration?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 10, 2011, 09:31:55 am »

Confuse him by claiming  that you're the evil twin.

Sahving that fur into a goatee will help.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 10, 2011, 09:51:40 am »

I just git hungry..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Being hungry has never been so much fun before :P

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: May 10, 2011, 10:52:04 am »

Err... How do I deal with an evil twin who has thick fur, slime glands, level 3 pyrokinesis, level 3 light manipulation and level 3 regeneration?

Well... you're both resistant to each others mutational attacks, so I'd suggest swords, axes, rifles, grenades.. etc.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 10, 2011, 10:54:21 am »

Saving that fur into a goatee will help.
Is that an Order of the Stick reference?

Well... you're both resistant to each others mutational attacks, so I'd suggest swords, axes, rifles, grenades.. etc.
Yeah, last time I confronted one, I got flamed then lasered to death.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 10, 2011, 10:56:34 am »

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 10, 2011, 11:24:46 am »

Stupidly large quantity of explosives might be an option for the evil twin.   Ive managed to kill one with alot of mines after nailing him with a freeze grenade as soon as he turned up, although, no thick fur.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 10, 2011, 04:31:16 pm »

Another crash in the caves under joppa. Didn't get any error messages or anything on the clipboard, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: May 10, 2011, 08:24:27 pm »

Another crash in the caves under joppa. Didn't get any error messages or anything on the clipboard, though.

Try a full delete and re-install.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 11, 2011, 12:07:30 am »

I've run some tests, and it turns out the Joppa merchant has once compass bracelet about 40% of the time, but since he always wears it, he'll never sell them. Likewise, he often has a pair of pistols, but they're always fully loaded and armed on him.

I've been running some tests with Domination, and the only thing I can figure is that level is directly involved in the formula, since my level 25 14 ego guy can dominate Tam and Mehmet, but my 26 ego level one starter can't.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 11, 2011, 07:11:53 am »

It seems logical that the level of the domination would affect things. You cant go beyond the cap on mutations even with the ego bonus, resulting in the difference, that is assuming you dropped points into it on your level 25 char.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 11, 2011, 08:48:13 am »

None at at all. At both times it was a strictly level 1 mutation. I haven't done much testing with gaining a few levels, since that takes time and I was mostly attempting to check his stock and equipment every game.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 11, 2011, 02:17:03 pm »

ŕaargh! The bloody beetlebum ate my artifact >.>

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 11, 2011, 03:12:02 pm »

Usually you can kill them and they'll drop all the things they picked up... or most of them. I don't think their hoovering means that the item is instantly destroyed, but it could (might also depend on what the item was to begin with).
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 250