Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570858 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1830 on: May 07, 2011, 03:19:32 am »

I got killed by a Jilted Lover >.>
Wtf is a Jilted Lover? I also think that eating the dog corpse wasn't very healthy...
EDIT: how do I attack with my horns? They seemed better than my Bronze Ax so I sold it but my character now attacks with his fists.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:23:52 am by Dutchling »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: May 07, 2011, 03:48:20 am »

Read the mutation info on it from the same place you can upgrade it.

I think it was like a 20% chance to attack with them every time you attack. Shouldnt have sold your axe. Eating dog corpses is very healthy, and jilted lovers are plants that grow on walls and grab you.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 07, 2011, 03:50:24 am »

Hehehe, I found a DF reference. Very nice Unormal.
What is it?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 07, 2011, 05:32:05 am »

Read the mutation info on it from the same place you can upgrade it.

I think it was like a 20% chance to attack with them every time you attack. Shouldnt have sold your axe. Eating dog corpses is very healthy, and jilted lovers are plants that grow on walls and grab you.
Ok thx for the info. I have read the info indeed but when I press 'e 'for equipment my head has my horns equipped and it shows better damage / AP than the axe in my hand.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 07, 2011, 08:28:50 am »

That shows the stats that the horns have when they proc.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: May 07, 2011, 08:37:14 am »

is there anything in the 6 days stilt?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 07, 2011, 08:50:28 am »

Blinkin Tic is really annoying :P I was in a cave fighting some critters and suddenly I teleport to a scavenger boss with 5 of his buddies. I Think I'll go without a defect his time

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 07, 2011, 11:22:01 am »

Hehehe, I found a DF reference. Very nice Unormal.
What is it?
It's also a bug, or at least a bit of mixed up nouns.

The pistol is engraved with watervine hemp and encircled in saltstone. On the rifle is an image of a wastelander and a knight in saltstone. The knight is striking down the wastelander.

The delightful laser pistol.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 07, 2011, 03:11:13 pm »

After trying it 15 times I have finally beaten the first quest! :)
Once you level up a few times and have 4x the amount of health it gets a lot easier. Not running into bears or attacking giant beetles also helps a lot.
Some old guy in the starting village that gave me xp when I gave him broken artifacts tried to kill me so I had to kill him, it was self defense (I just opened his chest to see what was in it...)
Does it matter for the main quests? I obviously cannot give him his 200 foot of wire anymore but the rest of the village is still friendly.

I really love this game :P

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1839 on: May 07, 2011, 03:14:26 pm »

You won't be able to get the Joppa Recoiler from him anymore (from the wire quest). You might be lucky to find one for sale on the glowpad merchant, if you can find him. It's not a requirement of anything, just a convenience.

You also won't be able to buy data disks from him, but theres another data disk merchant in Grit Gate you can access later.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 07, 2011, 03:39:25 pm »

You won't be able to get the Joppa Recoiler from him anymore (from the wire quest).
Don't forget the Droid scrambler. Unless, of course, that changed in the most recent versions.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 07, 2011, 03:39:25 pm »

After trying it 15 times I have finally beaten the first quest! :)
Once you level up a few times and have 4x the amount of health it gets a lot easier. Not running into bears or attacking giant beetles also helps a lot.
Some old guy in the starting village that gave me xp when I gave him broken artifacts tried to kill me so I had to kill him, it was self defense (I just opened his chest to see what was in it...)
Does it matter for the main quests? I obviously cannot give him his 200 foot of wire anymore but the rest of the village is still friendly.

I really love this game :P

Argyve gives starts you on the current main quest, so you won't be able to continue on the main quest if he dies.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 07, 2011, 03:45:45 pm »

Also, grit gate won't let you in until you finish the wire quest. Not a problem with some acid or digging implements, but can cause issues.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 07, 2011, 03:48:21 pm »

Also, grit gate won't let you in until you finish the wire quest.
Actually, you can get in by finishing the Watervine quest and saying that you're the elder's friend. I don't believe that'll let you get any further than the first room, though.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 07, 2011, 08:17:21 pm »

Can anybody tell me how to use the pick?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 250