Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570852 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1815 on: April 26, 2011, 11:38:16 am »

Also, from the Canticles Chromaic, Verses XVII-XXIV:

Verse XXIII, Song of Eshurium

Oh - baetyl, baetyl, baetyl,
They made it out of chrome.
And when it's waxed and ready,
I'll have a new genome.

-----

That makes me think that Baetyls have some hidden capabilities, or at least they will once the game's finished.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: April 27, 2011, 07:18:02 am »

When you have regeneration, double-hearted, and some skills, you're almost immortal if you can run.
You just need a Sonic screwdriver...

Regeneration, double-hearted, Space-Time Vortex...

Also, what does the basic toolkit do, other than annoy me with its inability to do damage effectively?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:21:57 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: April 27, 2011, 08:41:54 am »

Anybody else had much luck with a "Siamese" build? (Multiple Arms, Multiple Legs, Two-headed)?

I love having all the extra gear slots, plus if you put some points in off-hand weapon skills, you've got a 4-bladed hurricane of death.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 27, 2011, 09:02:46 am »

Anybody else had much luck with a "Siamese" build? (Multiple Arms, Multiple Legs, Two-headed)?

I love having all the extra gear slots, plus if you put some points in off-hand weapon skills, you've got a 4-bladed hurricane of death.

Two-Headed might be good as an addition to a mental-mutation-focused character, but I haven't tried yet; didn't see a good reason otherwise. Multiple Arms is fun, but watch out about wearing additional pairs of gloves - you don't get an armour bonus when putting them on, but you do lose the armour value if you take them off. (I don't think I've seen that in the bugfix list yet..)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 27, 2011, 09:48:32 am »

Am I the only person here who uses the F8 and F7 keys when their character's on the verge of starving and there's no hope of getting food in time?

I don't always use it, but sometimes I'm on a roll and don't want something trivial like my character starving to death stopping me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: April 27, 2011, 11:31:03 am »

Two-Headed might be good as an addition to a mental-mutation-focused character, but I haven't tried yet; didn't see a good reason otherwise. Multiple Arms is fun, but watch out about wearing additional pairs of gloves - you don't get an armour bonus when putting them on, but you do lose the armour value if you take them off. (I don't think I've seen that in the bugfix list yet..)

True. I suppose you could substitute Two-hearted for Double-headed, though I think you have to take a defect to fit all of that in. Though then you're basically a single head with two bodies. Which is pretty freaky.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 27, 2011, 02:11:54 pm »

I'm going to blame Vorthon for me discovering this bug... (And, y'know, not checking what F7/F8 does, first.)

Very strange things happen when you get your 'Left Missile Weapon' dismembered; it dropped my desert rifle to the ground, so after regenerating the part, I picked it up and re-equipped the weapon. At this point, I was 15lbs overweight, and not thinking anything of it, jettisoned an extra rifle from my backback.

Upon killing a goatfolk with a desert rifle, and picking it up, I found I was then 30lbs overweight. I had 'desert rifle x2' equipped on my equipment screen in the L/R slots, and another 'desert rifle x2' in my inventory. Some juggling eventually made things settle out again.. (I was able to 'drop' one of the rifles from my equipment screen, and it vanished.)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 28, 2011, 07:22:08 am »

I'm going to blame Vorthon for me discovering this bug... (And, y'know, not checking what F7/F8 does, first.)

Very strange things happen when you get your 'Left Missile Weapon' dismembered; it dropped my desert rifle to the ground, so after regenerating the part, I picked it up and re-equipped the weapon. At this point, I was 15lbs overweight, and not thinking anything of it, jettisoned an extra rifle from my backback.

Upon killing a goatfolk with a desert rifle, and picking it up, I found I was then 30lbs overweight. I had 'desert rifle x2' equipped on my equipment screen in the L/R slots, and another 'desert rifle x2' in my inventory. Some juggling eventually made things settle out again.. (I was able to 'drop' one of the rifles from my equipment screen, and it vanished.)

Yay! I'm useful! Sort of, anyways.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 28, 2011, 10:59:52 am »

Is blinking tick meant to trap you in small box-like sealed off areas, or does my luck just suck?

Happened to me a lot too - but I always take the Teleport talent to go with it.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 28, 2011, 12:26:26 pm »

I just had a thought on making True Humans more customizable along with mutants.

Since they are coming from a place that presumably equips them with a large amount of gear, let them select from a list similar to how Mutants select their powers. At least for generic gear, the classes that get special equipment would still get them, like the Artifex's scrap or that Horn the one guy gets.

Edit: Blast. Flamethrowers need a back slot, so they don't work with wings at all. BLAST.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:00:08 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: April 30, 2011, 06:52:42 pm »

Multiple Arms is fun, but watch out about wearing additional pairs of gloves - you don't get an armour bonus when putting them on, but you do lose the armour value if you take them off. (I don't think I've seen that in the bugfix list yet..)

I really can't reproduce this, I've tried quite a bit, can anyone actually reliably get this to occur somehow? Is there some specific item that you're using when it happens?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 01, 2011, 07:41:13 pm »

*Mk III grenades take a tier 1 bit
*Removed the 'fill' command, 'pour' is now menu driven and much more flexible
*Multiple open liquid volumes will correctly mix instead of stacking in a single cell
*Unequipping should now catch all corner cases where the unequip event wasn't being fired
*Hitting escape to cancel out of quit commands no-longer confirms

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 06, 2011, 08:46:04 pm »

Bug: I sold chain boots and 2 furs, had 2 drams of water on me, and it said I'd get about 18 drams for it. After the trade I had -44 drams of water.

EDIT: I have a waterskin with -46 drams of water in it that weighs -10 lbs

This might be related to me trying to apply a desalination pellet to brackish water. I'm pretty sure it's the same waterskin, at least. But I'd already poured out the water a while ago.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:47:47 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 06, 2011, 09:36:14 pm »

No I messed up pour, you can pour to negative volume. Next patch fixes it. We're chugging on the big golgotha rework, it's the next patch. Should be ready in the next few days. Trying for Sunday, but probably will take a little longer.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 07, 2011, 12:48:30 am »

Hehehe, I found a DF reference. Very nice Unormal.

Note that if you dump out negative water, you can get massive amounts of water otherwise with the pouring and such, since it adds the negative amount to what you have. Also works for honey, and I presume other trade liquids.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 250