Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570736 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1695 on: April 13, 2011, 12:08:09 am »

Just got a crash when trying to have a character with a Stinger:

Code: [Select]
RunSegment:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XRL.World.GameObjectFactory.CreateObject(GameObjectBlueprint Blueprint, Int32 BonusModChance, Int32 SetModNumber)
   at XRL.World.GameObjectFactory.CreateObject(String ObjectBlueprint, Int32 BonusModChance)
   at XRL.World.GameObjectFactory.CreateObject(String ObjectBlueprint)
   at XRL.World.Parts.Mutation.Stinger.Mutate(GameObject GO, Int32 Level)
   at XRL.World.Parts.Mutations.AddMutation(BaseMutation NewMutation, Int32 Level)
   at XRL.UI.CreateCharacter.GenerateCharacter(ScreenBuffer SB)
   at XRL.UI.CreateCharacter.ShowCreateCharacter()
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.NewGame()
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.Start()
   at XRL.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

And a second, with a different character. This time I was just trying to pick up some items that I'd dropped into a pile:

Code: [Select]
Turn:System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at ConsoleLib.Console.ScreenBuffer.ThickSingleBox(Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2, UInt16 Color)
   at XRL.UI.Sidebar.RenderCurrentCellPopup(ScreenBuffer _Buffer)
   at XRL.UI.Sidebar.Render(ScreenBuffer _ScreenBuffer)
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.RenderBaseToBuffer(ScreenBuffer Buffer)
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.RenderBase()
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.PlayerTurn()
   at XRL.Core.ActionManager.RunSegment()
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:40:02 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 13, 2011, 02:55:30 am »

Argh. Just got swarmed by four irritable tortoises, an army of rock-throwing babboons, ants and several salalmanders.
SERIOUSLY! I get that they're IRRITABLE, but half my health in ONE HIT?!!! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 13, 2011, 09:02:43 am »

Psychometry seems vastly powerful for tinkerers. Never need to learn from a data disc, just tinker up the item and use the mutation on it. Probably should be a 5 point mutation.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 13, 2011, 09:23:16 am »

*Updated AI aggro routines to correctly respect line of sight, unless they have remote seeing abilities
*Creatures the player hasn't seen will be more active
*Cooldown on Charge reduce to 15 from 100
*Turrets now have a greatly increased agility and resulting accuracy with missile weapons, which increases with higher Tinker levels
*Slightly increased horned chameleon's strength
*Salthoppers may now sprint
*Fixed a minor issue with the to-hit math for stinger
*Fixed the display of stinger penetration (no change to power level)
*Fixed an issue with flying allowing you to cross walls

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 13, 2011, 09:36:01 am »

*Slightly increased horned chameleon's strength
*Salthoppers may now sprint

What i read is * HAHAHAHA U DIE MOAR NOW

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 13, 2011, 09:51:09 am »

*Fixed an issue with flying allowing you to cross walls
Holy carp I posted that like an hour ago. Unless you already knew.

Also, Frost, you forgot Charge. Lots of critters have charge, which means they can now spam it more.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 13, 2011, 10:09:17 am »

Including Slumberlings and (I think) Salthoppers.

I may have to give Charge a try now- I hadn't before.

Does "increased strength" mean more HP for horned chameleons?  They were glass cannons beforehand- a good ranged weapon took them out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 13, 2011, 10:15:23 am »

Including Slumberlings and (I think) Salthoppers.

I may have to give Charge a try now- I hadn't before.

Does "increased strength" mean more HP for horned chameleons?  They were glass cannons beforehand- a good ranged weapon took them out.

No, I mean literally increased the Strength stat a little.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 13, 2011, 10:53:34 am »

Oh, ok.  I'll just keep shooting them at low levels- thanks for the info.

Making an Artifex sucks if Tam doesn't have a musket.  One game he had a desert rifle- that was awesome.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 13, 2011, 11:32:10 am »

Making a tinkerer is great when the glowpad merchant has a combat shotgun that has a pristine electronics in it you can use to make a force bracelet, and you also have psychohistory.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 13, 2011, 11:54:53 am »

I'd agree if I had ever seen the glowpad merchant.  I did run into a dromad merchant a couple of times in the wastes- got another desert rifle off of one.

Is the carbine any more or less accurate than the desert rifle, or does it just have a larger clip?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 13, 2011, 12:06:21 pm »

Glowpad merchant is somewhere in the watervine swamps. It's a good sized chunk of area to explore, but nothing more threatening then crocs, short of a lair or ruins. You can also turn on view overland encounters in the options menu, the Glowpad will be a yellow $, and is a teal * in the regional view. Just be very careful when you go looking for him, if anything attacks you it will too, so stay away from water and lead crocs into areas where you know it isn't.

As for the carbine, probably just a larger clip, though that's never a bad thing. Just wait to you get an electrobow. Those are amazing weapons.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 13, 2011, 12:26:18 pm »

Carbine is a great weapon. Larger clip than the desert rifle (24!) and it fires 3-round bursts. A carbine with the Suppressive Fire skill is great for keeping nasty enemies at bay. Slaughtered tons of bots with that weapon. Combat shotgun is great too, since it is brutal at close range and holds 6 shots.

Electrobow is amazing, however. Doesn't do great damage, but it has good penetration (10) and since it uses a cell you don't have to worry about reloading. It also serves as a good light source, which is pretty awesome.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 13, 2011, 01:48:01 pm »

Yeah, I'm too lazy to seriously look for him, and I have overland encounters off.  72 screens is too many, and I usually die when I find a ruin, poke around it, and hit an electrofuge.  I hate electrofuges.

Noted on the carbine- I'll have to keep my eyes open for one.  I've gotten a chaingun schem a couple times, but never made one.

I saw an electrobow schem in Argyve, but died before I could buy it.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 13, 2011, 02:08:35 pm »

Electrofuges? I usually kill them in 2 turns and dont even notice when they hit me. Good XP though.

But then again, I die at the sight of anything with a ranged attack so...

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 250