Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570662 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1635 on: April 10, 2011, 10:51:48 pm »

Grenades are fun tools for me. I can craft a hundred of them, so I throw them left and right :P. And mines are plain awesome, especially freeze and EMP.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 10, 2011, 10:54:06 pm »

Grenades are fun tools for me. I can craft a hundred of them, so I throw them left and right :P. And mines are plain awesome, especially freeze and EMP.
Ever thrown a freeze MK.3?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 10, 2011, 10:56:44 pm »

Ever thrown a freeze MK.3?
I have.

The center reaches about -1000 degrees. Which, in all known temperature scales, is below absolute zero.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 10, 2011, 11:13:27 pm »

Psychometry is pretty damn awesome. Possibly broken at 4 pts. Does make life as a Tinker much easier, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 10, 2011, 11:50:25 pm »

Started playing this game, it's pretty cool!
I like the way going somewhere, to complete a quest or whatever, really feels like an epic, danger-ridden journey. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 11, 2011, 12:16:01 am »

NOOOOO

I just learned the hard way that you removed the thickfur-spontaneous combustion exploit.

I love this game :D
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 11, 2011, 12:18:33 am »

If I kill my evil twin, will he ever come back?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 11, 2011, 12:19:44 am »

He will always be back, and will be exactly as strong as you are at any given point in time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 11, 2011, 12:44:17 am »

He will always be back, and will be exactly as strong as you are at any given point in time.
And he will always be back at the least convenient time; when you're surrounded by enemies.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 11, 2011, 12:46:32 am »

An esper with Space-Time Vortex, Temporal Fugue, and Evil Twin is pretty much the most hilarious thing this game can offer.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 11, 2011, 05:57:06 am »

NOOOOO

I just learned the hard way that you removed the thickfur-spontaneous combustion exploit.

I love this game :D

You can still pour salt water on yourself to douse the flames. Heck, you can pour slime on yourself if you felt up to it. About 2 cantines filled with various liquids should save you until you can find another tile of liquid. But, that does come to about 15 lb of weight to carry it all.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 11, 2011, 06:26:00 am »

You can still pour salt water on yourself to douse the flames. Heck, you can pour slime on yourself if you felt up to it. About 2 cantines filled with various liquids should save you until you can find another tile of liquid. But, that does come to about 15 lb of weight to carry it all.

You don't even need liquids, you can just wait and you'll put out the fire automatically in a few turns.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 11, 2011, 08:10:22 am »

Well, I went and explored to the bottom of Golgotha last night... interesting loot down there, even if the guardians are prone to fratricide. (Multiple chain guns are not polite sentries.)

The most depressing bit of it was:

chest is destroyed by acid!
taco suprema is destroyed by acid!
2x floating glowsphere is destroyed by acid!
... and more that scrolled offscreen.

I didn't even do it!

The agolworms almost immediately destroy anything that they or other monsters drop, and I lost a keycard and some other valuable stuff to it, too. :(

Fullerine Plate Mail is a whopping 160 pounds; good thing I'd found / bought some Plastic Armour beforehand.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 11, 2011, 08:22:33 am »

You don't even need liquids, you can just wait and you'll put out the fire automatically in a few turns.

Though this is not advisable if you're fighting 2-3 fire ants/troll flamethrowers and they're pelting you with flaming hands every turn.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 11, 2011, 08:23:41 am »

What level should I attempt Golgotha at? I tried at level 4 but I could only kill about 6 things before being surrounded.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 250