Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570601 times)

shaihulud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1590 on: April 08, 2011, 07:49:50 pm »

since someone reminded me about the old game blood in the violent game thread, i'm gonna make a gunslinger character of Caleb and imagine the mutation power is actaully demonic power lol.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 09, 2011, 02:36:45 am »

I believe using powers also consumes your "food counter." I remember a bug note that indicated Pyrokinesis now correctly uses 1000 energy, but since energy isn't really tracked directly I assume it is related to your satiation/food/verdantitudity.
Actually, energy works off speed. Basically, every tick you get your speed in energy. When you hit 1000, you can then act until your energy hits zero. Like 99% of the actions in the game take up that full 1000 energy, but there are ways to decrease it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 09, 2011, 01:05:26 pm »

well there goes my best guy ever, killed by an man-pole (or something like that)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 09, 2011, 01:52:04 pm »

What does the small sphere of negative weight do? I thought it would be some sort of grenade. Does it just free up a little bit of space?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 09, 2011, 01:52:40 pm »

It's a small sphere of negative weight. It weighs like -10 KG, so you can carry 10 Kg more.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 09, 2011, 02:22:16 pm »

Screw grenades.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #1596 on: April 09, 2011, 02:28:33 pm »

I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 09, 2011, 02:45:58 pm »

why? beacause they kill you as well? (im looking at you poison grenade)
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 09, 2011, 02:57:02 pm »

Nah, he wants their children.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 09, 2011, 03:09:11 pm »

I rarely use them, because I have better alternatives, and I kill the target before they are needed.
But for true men, they're the equivalent of cryo/pyrokinesis

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: April 09, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »

I rarely use them, because I have better alternatives, and I kill the target before they are needed.
But for true men, they're the equivalent of cryo/pyrokinesis
only that you know exactly the spread of cryo/pyro, grenades are more......volatile
Quite fucked indeed.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 09, 2011, 03:23:03 pm »

Sleep gas grenades + temporal fugue + sleep gas generation = everything sleeping.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 09, 2011, 03:27:14 pm »

It's possible to find a mask/helmet thingy that protects the user from poison.  Suddenly, those poison grenades look pretty cool.

I remember fighting my evil twin, we both had the gas mask and poison grenades.  Both of us threw our grenades, then fought in melee.  It was like something out of World War I.

I won, because I ate food and that healed me (although how I ate food through my gas mask, I'm not entirely sure).  But died to a hermit with a warhammer later.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 09, 2011, 04:03:15 pm »

I don't use grenades because they're like, Special Weapons.

You know, those Special Weapons you never use because you're always saving them for something else.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 09, 2011, 04:07:41 pm »

I don't use grenades because they're like, Special Weapons.

You know, those Special Weapons you never use because you're always saving them for something else.
Same here.

But actually using them tends to result in my squishy mutants taking half their own health off.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 250