Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570536 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1515 on: March 30, 2011, 06:39:22 pm »

I jumped in a space-time portal but the game got stuck on 'building zone,' so I had to close the program and hope I could load my precognition save. It didn't, its stuck on thawing zone, now.  :'( Oh well, now I can update to the new version now, I just wished it didn't happen to my new best character.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 30, 2011, 07:02:33 pm »

Had my best run so far today, not amazing but I'm happy, reached level 9 and was killed by a huuuge amount of mobs outside of Grit Gate

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 30, 2011, 07:27:35 pm »

I reached 16 with my best character, got killed by an agolfly in one turn when it shot me 5 times in a row on one turn from outside my viewing range. Next character bought an early grit gate recoiler and used it at level 4, without a corresponding joppa recoiler to get back.

If you want to level up, get wings and any attack mutation. Ideal would be one that can hit multiple targets, but even light manipulation works. Then just take to the air and snipe equimax.

Edit: I've been running tests with various mutations. Certain ones seem rather poor. For instance, triple jointed. The chance to dodge automatically seems fairly small, even at level 10. Also, any mutation that decreases speed or movement seems to be unusable later on without large stockpiles of speed injectors.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 07:37:54 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 30, 2011, 07:58:41 pm »

Ok, it's still one giant stupid list but it's good enough that I'm ok releasing it.

Here is the link
Wait, don't Nuggets always have the same sell/buy value regardless of ego?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 30, 2011, 07:59:57 pm »

Yeah, copper nuggets are always 10 drams, and silver are always 50. Makes them better then beaded bracelets for low ego characters, though they won't be doing too much shopping for expensive things anyway.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: March 30, 2011, 08:27:09 pm »

Goddamn kudsu keep rusting my nuggets.
F*** YOU PLANTS THOSE ARE HOW I BUY SHIT!

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #1521 on: March 30, 2011, 09:15:48 pm »

I've only played around 5 characters but I'm really enjoying it, so I registered my copy, it's only $5 after all.

I always seem to get just a little bit farther with each character, my last character was a mutant.

I had finished the Red Rock quest and had done all of the Rust Caves quests and was on the way to the jungle village for the first time, when I came across a lair of a horned chameleon. Easy, I thought... Until I found it, the bloody thing could send out freezing waves and other crazy things. I was slaughtered!

fatherjimbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 30, 2011, 09:33:43 pm »

I thought I read on the CoQ forum that baking was to be added?

I have been unable to locate it. Does anyone know the status of this?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 31, 2011, 02:56:59 am »

I've seen nothing regarding cooking or similar things, though these will likely be added.

On a side not, while trying to do crazy things, I learned that you can release gas and shoot ice beams on the world map. I suspect other things are possible as well, but gas shooting got me this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next time I die I wanna roll up a pyro and see if I can't set the world on fire.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 31, 2011, 03:24:23 am »

Na, the range of the pyro spell is too short.

On another note, if you wish for "farport" you will get something that sorta works like teleport, but on the world map. It is pretty glitch, and only seems to recognize Joppa very well. When I typed in "grit gate" (apparently its "the grit gate", although typing that in didn't work either) it sent me to serenity world, which is basically another map that is all jungle except for 1 water tile and 1 mountain tile.
Their are probably some other worlds too, although i can't find any.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: March 31, 2011, 07:41:51 am »

I've only been able to find Serenity World. Interesting that it exists :)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: March 31, 2011, 07:59:23 am »

I thought I read on the CoQ forum that baking was to be added?

I have been unable to locate it. Does anyone know the status of this?

I've seen nothing regarding cooking or similar things, though these will likely be added.

I think he was refering to the smoking of cannibus.   :P

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: March 31, 2011, 10:06:10 am »

I hate qudzu so much. Light manipulation is awesome just because it lets me kill them reliably from range. I avoid them as much as possible now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 31, 2011, 10:18:19 am »

I've only been able to find Serenity World. Interesting that it exists :)
There are different worlds?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: March 31, 2011, 10:53:53 am »

It looks like you can get to Serenity world by cheating only, so it's probably a dev. testing tool or something.

I hate qudzu so much. Light manipulation is awesome just because it lets me kill them reliably from range. I avoid them as much as possible now.
Any ranged attack works. As long as you do not melee it, it's easy.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 250