Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570335 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1410 on: March 26, 2011, 09:49:19 am »

That's the Golgotha I have as well. It's absurdly hard. Bring EMP grenade spam and a Recoiler if you expect to even have a chance.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 26, 2011, 11:52:42 am »

Just started a game with a mutant with the "evil twin" defect. As soon as I spawn i get the message "Evil [charname]" has started sprinting. Turns out that that my evil twin spawned at the very start of the game (on the other side of joppa). He got the first las attack on me, so he won :(

Well, time to roll that character again.

This is one of the greatest brief games in the history of entertainment; wherein you're immediately slain by your evil twin who makes a beeline toward you from the other side of the starting town. Also, does anyone else imagine your evil twin to have a goatee (or lack of one if you have one in real life)?

Also; anyone figure out how to safely dispose of acid on the ground? Also, the repair function is...bugged. I was able to repair choice pieces of armor and weapons, but when my floating glowsphere broke, I was not given a choice to repair it.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 26, 2011, 12:01:24 pm »

Fire can boil it away, turning it to gas for a few seconds then it disappears entirely. Pyrokinesis or Kindle, if you're a mutant. True Men don't really have any solution that I know of. Maybe thermal grenades? You could drop a lit torch on the puddle and it'll eventually burn away (Kindle is basically a lit torch targeted on a selected tile), but of course that requires you stand in the acid in the first place.

I had made a suggestion on the Freehold forums (CoQ's official forums) about methods to deal with it. Either the ability to throw lit torches, or the ability to gather fluids from an adjacent tile, in which case you could fill a camel bladder with acid and move it somewhere else (trying to do so with waterskins immediately destroys the skin and pours the acid out over you, not sure about canteens).

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 26, 2011, 12:02:39 pm »

This needs an auto patcher cause having to check if there is a new version, then downloading it is too hard for a lazy man such as myself :P

Also not even a complex one, I have since some simple ones as .bat files
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 26, 2011, 02:14:26 pm »

Fire can boil it away, turning it to gas for a few seconds then it disappears entirely. Pyrokinesis or Kindle, if you're a mutant. True Men don't really have any solution that I know of. Maybe thermal grenades? You could drop a lit torch on the puddle and it'll eventually burn away (Kindle is basically a lit torch targeted on a selected tile), but of course that requires you stand in the acid in the first place.

I had made a suggestion on the Freehold forums (CoQ's official forums) about methods to deal with it. Either the ability to throw lit torches, or the ability to gather fluids from an adjacent tile, in which case you could fill a camel bladder with acid and move it somewhere else (trying to do so with waterskins immediately destroys the skin and pours the acid out over you, not sure about canteens).

FYI, if you throw a torch it will be automatically lit when thrown.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1415 on: March 26, 2011, 02:16:53 pm »

Speaking of throwing torches, does this game have any sort of chemical flare you could throw into dark rooms?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 26, 2011, 02:51:56 pm »

FYI, if you throw a torch it will be automatically lit when thrown.

Doh, I think that's actually the second time you or someone else pointed that out to me.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 26, 2011, 02:59:05 pm »

Bug: Got a glowfish chilling around outside the water. And moving around slowly too. I didn't push him out, and hes following me and attacking me (but moves like 25% as fast as i do).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 26, 2011, 03:34:12 pm »

A feature request.

When standing on a staircase, when you "l"ook. it would be nice if you could go > or < and stick your head up or down the stairs to see whats there. Since everything on that floor gets a free move when you go through stairs, it would be nice to be able to see what's coming.

Edit: A question. Where does a Grit Gate recoiler drop you? In the actual town, or on the overworld square? Cause I got a lovely pair of solar cells, and both the Grit Gate and Joppa recoilers, so I wished to do some exploring at grit gate while finishing up some diving of the Rust Wells.

Edit: Bug, probably related to the copper wire one when turning it in. You can give the communications panel the disc, even without it being in your inventory.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:47:20 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 26, 2011, 06:44:35 pm »

The Grit Gate recoiler sets you just outside the gate to the town, in my experience.

Also, Golgotha is where my level 16 finally died.. there was one level full of Agolflies and other... things where I started seemingly teleporting at random and got utterly swarmed.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 26, 2011, 07:40:06 pm »

It was probably a void spider that caused you to teleport. They seem to teleport you without fail the first time you move into melee range, but you can usually avoid them easily and plink from range (they rarely if ever move off a wall). They can be difficult to see, a very dark blue x.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 26, 2011, 08:52:06 pm »

Do regenera injectors ALWAYS cost 2 nanomaterial to make? If not, I've got a really bad roll, though regenera's are common so I guess I got a good source of nanomaterial.

That being said, my tinkerer is doing nice. Hit the bottom of Red Rock, lots of plans, one chain pistol, working on making a second and picking up akimbo. Just need to find me some more pure alloy.

Edit: Display bug. When using the alt command, to see where all the enemies are, mobs that have been identified or located via heightened hearing are visible as normal, while visible enemies are the standard green squares.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:50:44 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 27, 2011, 04:47:26 am »

Thats odd. I think regeneras are red blue and photonics for me. The only way ive gotten photonics for super boosters. And they are really rare for me.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 27, 2011, 05:18:42 am »

Ingredients are randomized, so far as I can tell.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 27, 2011, 07:04:16 am »

Was there a discussion about making the combat more DF like? With tissues, organs, aimed attack... Because DF spoiled me to a point where HP simply don't cut it for me.  :(
(I'm not trying to offend the makers of COQ or whining, just asking if somebody asked this question.)
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 250