Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570338 times)

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1395 on: March 25, 2011, 11:34:10 pm »

Is the repair skill bugged? I have a broken floating glowsphere broken by a drillbot and I have repair purchased. I don't see it in my skill list, I don't see an option to repair it when I query it. I have no clue what to do.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 25, 2011, 11:36:05 pm »

I think its based off of numlock and such. For instance, I'm using a laptop, and using fn + 7 or 9 always works on all screens, since fn + 7 or 9 is part of the fake numpad. The 7 or 9 at the top of the keyboard is probably considered something else by the program, so doesn't quite work.

Hmm, now that I've explored it a bit, that is weird.  With numlock On, all the pages work fine.  But with numlock Off, 7 always goes "left", but 9 only works on certain screens.  "Home" always goes left, but "Page Up" works on some screens too.

Okay, nevermind.  My other question is, has anyone ever used Rebuke Robot successfully?  I hear its based on Ego, which seems odd to me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 25, 2011, 11:50:50 pm »

Okay, nevermind.  My other question is, has anyone ever used Rebuke Robot successfully?  I hear its based on Ego, which seems odd to me.
Yes, many times. I don't know what it's really based upon. Proselytize is a simmilar ability, but it seems to work upon everything. It's just hard to get (300pts, 29 Ego). It even works on at least one robot, that being
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 26, 2011, 12:29:14 am »

Aside from my repair issues, I now have a new problem; a stupid acid slug covered one of the stairs in acid. Is there any way to effectively remove pools of acid?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 26, 2011, 12:41:20 am »

I think you have too fix it through your inventory, but I'm not sure.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 26, 2011, 01:11:56 am »

Started a mutated tinkerer type character, 24 int and ego, 14 will, Marauder type for the free butchery skill. Better ears, light manipulation, and the genius mutation, plus thick fur and slime glands.

Open the chests in Joppa, get a silver nugget plus a couple other high end trade items. Discover Glowpad merchant, get a grit gate recoiler plus a chem cell already inside it. I like this round.

Edit: Oh, had a question. I found magnetized boots from him. Do these serve a purpose other then slowing one down?

Edit2: Hardly matters now. Tried to walk to rust well, get lost, drop into 3 snapjaw brutes and like 10 tortoises. Wasn't even a fight.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:17:05 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 26, 2011, 01:59:58 am »

Finding a Grit Gate recoiler before you're prompted to travel to Grit Gate is amusing. I highly approve whenever such shenanigans occur, like when my characters start with Laborer security cards. Fun times.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 26, 2011, 02:10:13 am »

The denezens of Grit Gate are remarkably unbothered by a mutant-clawed maniac whom they've never seen before tearing down the entierty of Grit Gate's structure.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 26, 2011, 03:34:00 am »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUGODAMNIT
And my level 16 True Human dude was going so well, he just got grit gate access, and had some fairly good equipment (for me anyways).
EDIT: turns out that CoQ deleted at least 10 of my zones somehow when i saved it... Wut?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:36:57 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 26, 2011, 04:02:37 am »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUGODAMNIT
And my level 16 True Human dude was going so well, he just got grit gate access, and had some fairly good equipment (for me anyways).
EDIT: turns out that CoQ deleted at least 10 of my zones somehow when i saved it... Wut?

Those errors are generally non-fatal, just click through them and you should be able to continue. Usually a result of savescumming, or other death-cheating measure. (i.e. closing the game before it gets a chance to delete your save)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 26, 2011, 04:13:09 am »

Just started a game with a mutant with the "evil twin" defect. As soon as I spawn i get the message "Evil [charname]" has started sprinting. Turns out that that my evil twin spawned at the very start of the game (on the other side of joppa). He got the first las attack on me, so he won :(

Well, time to roll that character again.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 26, 2011, 04:31:19 am »

I just had an entertaining situation involving Warden Indrix, Goatfolk Pariah, of the jungle village Kyakukya. Considering the length of this topic, this may have already been shared; regardless, I've put the following in a SPOILER tag just in case.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 26, 2011, 07:04:19 am »

I think it's because the electricity hit a neutral.
When I dared to show him that I wear the prism he attacked and everyone in town was also hostile towards me.

Bug or feature?: You can trade with argyve and Indrix for the knicknacks you gave away and for the prism.

It's jarring because I buy the prism from the guy every time

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 26, 2011, 09:35:41 am »

I don't like wearing the prism, but I don't like giving it to him either. After seeing what Mammon did with it...

Somthing like that should be destroyed, One Ring style.
No Gods, No Masters.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 26, 2011, 09:45:50 am »

Yes, many times. I don't know what it's really based upon. Proselytize is a simmilar ability, but it seems to work upon everything. It's just hard to get (300pts, 29 Ego). It even works on at least one robot, that being

I've tried it a couple times myself, but haven't noticed anything. At one point I think I saw a scrap shoveler "wander off indifferently" after using it on him, but when I tried to back away it still kept coming for me.

Unrelated: has anyone who is playing with prerelease/unfinished content enabled (on the most recent patch version) had a map where Golgotha is designed entirely with conveyor belts and slippery ramps that auto-dump you down to the next level, with no way out? And the final level being a completely open, flat area where everything starts coming for you, and no way to escape? I'm not sure if this is just a bug or it's the intended design of Golgotha, but unfinished so instead (if the option is not enabled) Golgotha's levels get designed by the same generic algorithm that handles random lairs.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 250