Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570287 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1335 on: March 22, 2011, 11:54:41 pm »

I went down to level five or so in Red Rock. And then I got attacked by a couple of eyeless giant crabs at once. I got out alive by three hp, so I decided that was probably a sign that I should turn back.
He was asking about random levels, not fixed ones.

Also, if you can't get past level 5 Red Rock that isn't a good sign for your adventurer. Man up and go back there!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 22, 2011, 11:55:25 pm »

I got to level 5 on a dive, could have gotten far deeper, but I wanted to transport the loot to town. In one shot. With a recoiler. Needless to say, 200 items on one square caused a crash. CURSE MY PUNY ESPER ARMS.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 23, 2011, 12:04:00 am »

Also, if you can't get past level 5 Red Rock that isn't a good sign for your adventurer. Man up and go back there!
This was several versions ago. My character at the time was a Fuming God-Child with max strength, max toughness, and an obsidian kriss, so I submit that your expectation that he get that far into Red Rock is crazy. You can't fight eyeless giant crabs that early on!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 23, 2011, 12:05:53 am »

Eyeless giant crabs are bastards early on.

They are nothing though
wait till you fight with EYELESS GIANT KING CRABS.
Oh god, the first one i met was a legendary in the you have to go to to decode that signal.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 23, 2011, 12:09:23 am »

This was several versions ago. My character at the time was a Fuming God-Child with max strength, max toughness, and an obsidian kriss, so I submit that your expectation that he get that far into Red Rock is crazy. You can't fight eyeless giant crabs that early on!
You think I'm crazy?
And? I want to put out fires by pouring money on them.
...You're crazy.
"Crazy" is a word used by fools and malcontents with no vison! I am enlightened beyond what you could ever hope to comprehend.

Eyeless giant crabs are bastards early on.
Yeah, they are. Later on they're just punching bags. They have no special abilities, but man do they soak up a lot of damage.

Oh, when I was saying "man up" I was expecting you to be a level or two higher. And a mutant with force wall and a ranged weapon or something.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 23, 2011, 12:14:03 am »

You think I'm crazy?
And? I want to put out fires by pouring money on them.
...You're crazy.
"Crazy" is a word used by fools and malcontents with no vison! I am enlightened beyond what you could ever hope to comprehend.
YOU CANNOT HOPE TO GRASP MY GENIUS! MY WAYS ARE THE FUTURE OF TRUE MANKIND! THE FIRES OF THE WORLD SHALL BE DOUSED IN LIQUID WEALTH!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:18:10 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 23, 2011, 12:16:52 am »

YOU CANNOT HOPE TO GRASP MY GENIUS! MY WAYS ARE THE FUTURE OF TRUE MANKIND! THE FIRES OF THE WORLD SHALL BE DOUSED IN LIQUED WEALTH!
If you got everything right I would've believed you somewhat. However, since you got Liquid wrong, I consider you a lunatic.

Someone get the syringe and happy pills.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 23, 2011, 12:17:45 am »

Collect Acid in canteen,
Pour on self.

Also, either this is a MEGA AWESOME SUIT OF HAPPYNESS
Or im getting stuff that i shouldnt really be able to tinker...

Like that medical injector which someone else got, damn place holder item.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 23, 2011, 12:19:25 am »

YOU CANNOT HOPE TO GRASP MY GENIUS! MY WAYS ARE THE FUTURE OF TRUE MANKIND! THE FIRES OF THE WORLD SHALL BE DOUSED IN LIQUID WEALTH!
If you got everything right I would've believed you somewhat. However, since you got Liqued wrong, I consider you a lunatic.

I don't know what you're talking about. I clearly spelled it right, not you.
Collect Acid in canteen,
Pour on self.
Genius.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 23, 2011, 12:21:08 am »

Collect Acid in canteen,
Pour on self.
That's if you even live long enough standing in the darn thing. Acid freaking hurts to stand in.

If you got everything right I would've believed you somewhat. However, since you got Liqued wrong, I consider you a lunatic.

I don't know what you're talking about. I clearly spelled it right, not you.
Everyone can clearly see the "« Last Edit: Today at 22:18:10 by MetalSlimeHunt »". You're not fooling anyone. :P

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 23, 2011, 12:23:02 am »

You tinker up : recycling suit 8 drams of fresh water

MEGA HAPPY SUIT.

oh shit this really IS mega happy suit

Description:
This suit is made of extremely durable(lies), rubbery, dark material(ANTI MATTER). It is lined with small pouches which slowly collect and filter water that the suit collects from your sweety, overworked body.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:24:46 am by silhouette »
---

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 23, 2011, 12:24:40 am »

It about negates thirst, maybe a little less then that. Its GOOD, but not incredibly good. Now, if you could fill it with salt water and get that filtered out, it would be excellent.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 23, 2011, 12:25:26 am »

I edited it, i thought at first it was for recycling salt water as well, but getting water from yourself is fine too i guess.

Edit: You get payed to work out!

Edit edit: Gaslight kris -> Lightsabre (of shittyness)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:28:07 am by silhouette »
---

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 23, 2011, 12:28:25 am »

Speaking of salt water, it would be cool if we could run across an ancient water purification plant at some point in the game. Or at least get a water fitration system as an artifact. So much salt and brackish water going to waste...
No Gods, No Masters.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 23, 2011, 12:29:16 am »

I just want to throw slime at people dwarf fortress style.
Acid aswell, but mainly slime.

But yeah, i've always wished for that, there are a few places with water lying around, not much though unfortunitly.

I have so much stuff to tinker up now, so much stuff...
ANTI MATTER CELL DAMN IT
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:31:09 am by silhouette »
---
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 250