Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570253 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1305 on: March 22, 2011, 02:59:23 pm »

Numpad doesn't work either. And yes, I did press the Num-lock.
Hm, does your numpad work at all? As in, does it work in any games? Can you type down letters with numlock on?

If yes, at least on the latter, then the game must not recognize your type of numpad. You should re-bind all the keys and hope that the game recognizes the keys.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 22, 2011, 03:19:01 pm »

I got a bug. Additional levels of Analytical Genius dont take away ego, nor give intelligence. I am losing 2 intel and winning 1 ego this way right now. It tells me I should be getting them, but they dont show up in the actual stats.

And Im fairly certain the reduction of ego would make me lose the ego penalty, thus increasing my ego, thus increasing the level of Analytical genius, thus lowering my ego, thus lowering my level of analytical genius, thus inreasing my ego and so on...

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 22, 2011, 03:34:31 pm »

Man, goatfolk sowers are dangerous. Their seeds not only hurt, but they throw any obstructions out of the way. The sowers can also take a huge beating, making ranged combat foolish. Also, force walls don't block their seeds.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 22, 2011, 03:35:04 pm »

Hm, does your numpad work at all? As in, does it work in any games? Can you type down letters with numlock on?
It works, it types, and it moves my character. It just doesn't attack.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 22, 2011, 03:38:18 pm »

It works, it types, and it moves my character. It just doesn't attack.
Hm, try remaping them to Shift+direction.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 22, 2011, 03:55:35 pm »

When I try to remap something to shift + num7, I get... home? Huh?

Must be the keyboard settings <_<

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 22, 2011, 03:57:07 pm »

When I try to remap something to shift + num7, I get... home? Huh?

Must be the keyboard settings <_<

Make sure numlock is on, not off.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 22, 2011, 04:00:05 pm »

Both on and off return "home".

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 22, 2011, 04:01:59 pm »

Both on and off return "home".

Welp it's a mystery then! You should still be able to map shift or ctrl + your numpad key to something, I guess. Really I have no idea :)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 22, 2011, 04:04:40 pm »

Tried to remap it to the numpad anyways.

Result: Can't move, only attack diagonally. oO

But shift+arrow works.

Also, I'm level 25 now. Don't ask why.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:11:30 pm by Darvi »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 22, 2011, 04:14:10 pm »

Maybe you need to reinstall the game.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1316 on: March 22, 2011, 05:39:40 pm »

Regarding laser rifle vs sniper rifle, it's a bit of a toss up. Sniper rifle would probably do more per shot, but laser doesnt have to reload every shot. If you're up against something really heavily armored the sniper might be better, but having to stop and reload every shot kinda sucks. I used a sniper rifle myself for the longest time. I just upgraded.

While out exploring ruins near the ape village, I found a chest with a piece of scrap that gave me TWO nano materials. I used it to produce a pair of overloaded laser pistols (been having the schematic for a while, just didn't have the nanomaterials). The best part is, one of them came out scoped.

Now I just need to collect a bunch of energy cells to feed these babies... right now I have 8 or so chem cells, but if I could get my hands on some nuclear or antimatter cells that'd be even better. I could tinker up some nuclear cells, but that would mean I would have to use my two photonics, which I've been saving for when I find data disks for the super toughness or agility boost autoinjectors (which give a permanent boost when you're a mutant, already used two of them for int boosts).

I've already tried them out on an ogre ape, which were giving me serious trouble with the sniper rifle (one was actually guarding the chest with the nanomaterials - I force bubbled and unloaded on it and still had to kite it around a bit before it died) and it went down in a hail of laser fire before even hurting me. Sniper rifle doesn't hold a candle to overloaded laser pistols. Only thing better that I know of is the phase cannon, but short of killing the super bot guarding Grit Gate I wouldn't know where to find one of those. I'm tempted to try and kill that bot with these to steal his phase cannon, but I wouldn't want to have to kill the merchants.

Wow, I just looted a regular laser pistol and took it apart, then when I got back to town I went to make an overloaded variant to sell it to buy some stuff and it made me another scoped one. Now I have two scoped overloaded laser pistols. With all this good luck, im kinda worried things are about to turn south and have me killed by a swarm of fire ants or something again.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:21:17 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 22, 2011, 06:32:05 pm »

So, while being annoyed at being an esper tinkerer with weak noodly arms for throwing, I had an idea for a mutation.

Telekinesis. 1 point mutation, substitute your ego score for your strength score in regards to throwing, and pick up objects within 8 squares that weigh up to your ego modifier. 30 round cooldown on picking up.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 22, 2011, 07:18:17 pm »

What is a good esper build?

When i make them i never seem to know the right ability's to pick to be a real killer.. Pyro and ice thing are nice but the damage is kinda meh and i hear they destory corpses later on which is kinda bad ..Sunder mind seems weak with a long cooldown even with a 24/24

Low hp/low str no ability to ranged or melee with long cooldowns on their ability's seems kinda messed up

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 22, 2011, 07:30:30 pm »

No idea on builds, but here's what some powers are good for:

Disintegration: Did anyone say insta-kill panic button?
Force Wall: For keeping the enemy where you want them.
Force Bubble: For keeping the enemy away from you. Also, you can move doors.
Light manipulation: Low damage, though it's direct damage, and you get a light source too!
Pyrokinesis: Bacon time.
Cryrokinesis: Freezing enemies helps you get away.
Temporal Fugue: The only thing better than shooting bad guys is shooting bad guys alongside copies of yourself. Also a great panic button.
Space-Time Vortex: Need something gone? Use this on an enemy. Just DO NOT get caught inside it, unless you like being thrown randomly about the world.
Burgeoning: This helps you get away too.
Domination: The only thing better than killing your enemy is taking over their body, mind, and soul then using them to kill their friends.

And that's about all I've tried so far.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 250