Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570098 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1155 on: March 20, 2011, 03:10:23 pm »

I started a mutant tinkerer with 4 unstable genomes, figuring I'd get what I get.

I got surprisingly good ones. I'm level 9 and I already got all four of them. I can't remember what the first one's choices were, but I ended up with multiple legs. Second one was a choice between regeneration, carapace, and burrowing claws. I took the regen. Third one was horns, quills, or night vision. I picked night vision (a cheap one, but useful - and I didn't want horns or quills.). Fourth choice was pyrokinesis, phasing, or force bubble - I got force bubble.

So here I am with three abilities worth 5 points each, and all really useful ones, for an initial investment of 12 points. And the 1 point night vision, but you can't win em all - and even that one is handy, if not expensive.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 20, 2011, 03:18:58 pm »

I decided to wish for a data disk to see which one it gave me, and you know what I got?
Hand-E-Nuke.
even though I can't use it due to lack of tinker III, that wasn't what I was expecting to get :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 20, 2011, 04:00:55 pm »

Do not take Temporal Fugue and Burgeoning. It seems as though copy summoned plants are hostile to each other, and your copies abuse the heck out of casting it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 20, 2011, 04:04:16 pm »

What is the attack button ?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 20, 2011, 04:05:52 pm »

Just walk in the direction of a creature you're next to.
I get this feeling you've played DF a lot.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 20, 2011, 04:07:54 pm »

Also, CTRL+direction force-attacks things.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 20, 2011, 04:10:38 pm »

Ctrl+direction attacking becomes necessary when you want to hack down that odd mangrove tree that blocks your passage in a narrow corridor, or for simply opening up lines of fire.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 20, 2011, 04:13:48 pm »

Ctrl+direction attacking becomes necessary when you want to hack down that odd mangrove tree that blocks your passage in a narrow corridor, or for simply opening up lines of fire.
Or killing neutral or friendly NPCs, like the Zealot or Elder.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 20, 2011, 04:16:00 pm »

at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
   at XRL.World.SerializationReader.ReadOptimizedInt32() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Serialization\FastSerializer.cs:line 3459
   at XRL.World.SerializationReader..ctor(Stream stream) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Serialization\FastSerializer.cs:line 3167
   at XRL.XRLGame.LoadGame(String GameName) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Game.cs:line 389
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.LoadGame(String GameName) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 1837
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.SaveManagement() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 1992
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.Start() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 2396
   at XRL.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.EntryPoint.cs:line 70

I am positive it saved just fine and the character was not bugged or anything. I had wished for a couple things if that matters, though.

It looks like you're trying to load an older saved game with a new version. Most updates will break saved game compatability. In some cases it won't, but it's better to assume that it will.

shaihulud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 20, 2011, 04:16:27 pm »

why cant i attack flies with ctrl+dir? works fine with others like tree and plants

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 20, 2011, 04:17:12 pm »

why cant i attack flies with ctrl+dir? works fine with others like tree and plants
Maybe they're flying in the air? You can't melee flying enemies.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 20, 2011, 04:18:43 pm »

You can, however, thermal grenade them then run around with them following you until they die of being on fire.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 20, 2011, 04:27:28 pm »

How big is the Hand-E-Nuke's explosion? I've seen it flicker 'Building Zone' at least 4 times, yet it didn't hit me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 20, 2011, 04:28:14 pm »

You can, however, thermal grenade them then run around with them following you until they die of being on fire.
Or blast them out of the air with mutant laser powers.

In one game I didnt have any ranged attacks and somehow aggrod the flies. I couldnt go to the overland map, so I had to buy running(older version) so I could outrun them.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 20, 2011, 04:29:08 pm »

How big is the Hand-E-Nuke's explosion? I've seen it flicker 'Building Zone' at least 4 times, yet it didn't hit me.
It'll cover about three-fourths of the screen at max, but it's damage signifigantly decreases from the center. At the epicenter it does about 40000 damage, but on the absolute outskirts it does about 7. It's an odd little weapon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 250