Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570071 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1140 on: March 20, 2011, 12:49:10 pm »

I think I've fully mapped out the cave north of the Six Day Silt. It's an interesting place for being so far out of the way. It doesn't have a great magma sea, but it does have a level called "Great Sea" filled with...asphalt. Of course, I could not resist the temptation to Hand-E-Nuke the whole thing, which was Fun. Below that are the lava-happy Caverns of Ur, and later the Swilling Vast...I can't remember the name. It was filled to the brim with fire ant variants, Great Magma Crabs, and even more magma. It was somwhat akin to Lethal Lava Land's scary tattoed uncle who's business you aren't supposed to talk about. On level 36 the down staircase was blocked by shale, so I'm guessing that's the end of it. Which was quite apt, as I also ran out of liquid to keep myself non-vaporized with at that point.

In short: You are a cruel, cruel god unormal, and I love you for it. By the way, was that the end of the cavern, or did the RNG just block me off?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:15:27 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 20, 2011, 12:53:07 pm »

I think I've fully mapped out the cave north of the Six Day Silt. It's an interesting place for being so far out of the way. It doesn't have a great magma sea, but it does have a level called "Great Sea" filled with...asphalt. Of course, I could not resist the temptation to Hand-E-Nuke the whole thing, which was Fun. Below that are the lava-happy Caverns of Ur, and...I can't remember the name. It was somthing like "Mawed Void", and it was filled to the brim with fire ant variants, Great Magma Crabs, and even more magma. It was somwhat akin to Lethal Lava Land's scary tattoed uncle who's business you aren't supposed to talk about. On level 36 the down staircase was blocked by shale, so I'm guessing that's the end of it. Which was quite apt, as I also ran out of liquid to keep myself non-vaporized with at that point.

In short: You are a cruel, cruel god unormal, and I love you for it. By the way, was that the end of the cavern, or did the RNG just block me off?

I'm never going to comment on content, only actual bugs and mechanics questions that should be in the manual but aren't. You guys are on your own to figure out what's in the game, how far it goes, and what it does. :D

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 20, 2011, 12:59:24 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt: all I'm going to say is that I can bet that stairs were down there and were accessible. You might could have cheated a little and gone just above them on the upper leel and noclipped down to see where they lead. This game has a preposterous amount of content.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 20, 2011, 01:01:36 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt: all I'm going to say is that I can bet that stairs were down there and were accessible. You might could have cheated a little and gone just above them on the upper leel and noclipped down to see where they lead. This game has a preposterous amount of content.
I have absolutely no idea how to go about doing that. As far as I've ever been able to discern, it's impossible to change uh...Z-levels, I guess...without using a preexisting staircase.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 20, 2011, 01:04:56 pm »

I have absolutely no idea how to go about doing that. As far as I've ever been able to discern, it's impossible to change uh...Z-levels, I guess...without using a preexisting staircase.

It's in the debug section of the key config. Changing levels isn't assigned to a key. Assign up/down to some keys and you can use them.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 20, 2011, 01:07:46 pm »

Aww man :D Scroll all the way down to the bottom in the key mapping menu (from the escape menu). You should see two unassigned keys for noclip down and noclip up. They're cheaty, but less cheaty than wishing I guess. Enjoy descending any number of levels from anywhere in the world!

...NINJAS, NINJAS EVERYWHERE

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 20, 2011, 01:58:35 pm »

Would the new liquid be honey? The dromad in Joppa seems to have a waterskin with some in it...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 20, 2011, 02:04:22 pm »

Would the new liquid be honey? The dromad in Joppa seems to have a waterskin with some in it...
No, it's not new, it's been in for a while.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 20, 2011, 02:46:26 pm »

So I was tasked the quest 'Raising Indrix' in the jungle village. He told me it was north of the river and I've been following the river for a while, killing madpoles where ever I found any. Is this a quest that's not ready yet or is there a specific location in which I find my target location?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 20, 2011, 02:47:52 pm »

How does butchering actually work? I'm surrounded by dead snapjaws with Butcher Corpses [Toggled On] in the abilities menu, and nothing is happening.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 20, 2011, 02:48:54 pm »

Snapjaws can't be butchered, go kill some bears or something and you'll see it in effect
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 20, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »

Which, interestingly enough, works even if you shoot them from halfway across the map and never touch the corpses. Just killing them does the trick, apparently.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 20, 2011, 02:56:57 pm »

Which, interestingly enough, works even if you shoot them from halfway across the map and never touch the corpses. Just killing them does the trick, apparently.
I've got an explanation: Everyone in Qud, even the "True Human"s, are horribly mutated and have the ability to cut with bullets and lift the meat off the body and into their backpacks.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 20, 2011, 03:01:51 pm »

So I was tasked the quest 'Raising Indrix' in the jungle village. He told me it was north of the river and I've been following the river for a while, killing madpoles where ever I found any. Is this a quest that's not ready yet or is there a specific location in which I find my target location?
I haven't done the quest yet, but evidently its a specific river that has a special feature that you might have missed. Try going back to the village and going past that first river.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 20, 2011, 03:06:05 pm »

Note that he's not referring to the river that you see on the world map. While inside the village, head north one screen. There should be river there (I'd really call it a stream since it doesn't show on the world map). It generally heads east for a couple screens, then turns south for a couple more. You'll eventually come across a burning village with the quest target.

If you have Overland Encounters enabled, I think it is the purple A a few world map tiles away from the mushroom village.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 250