Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570037 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1080 on: March 19, 2011, 03:12:36 pm »

So where do you all usually find merchants at?
The ones I find are the one in Joppa, the Glowpad merchant, and the one in the Grit Gates. I usually don't get any farther than that...

The one in Joppa is in the bottom right house.
The Glowpad is generated somewhere in the swamps.
The Grit Gate one is the first one you'll see in there.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:14:10 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 19, 2011, 03:18:40 pm »

How do you tell the merchant apart from the other glowpads?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 19, 2011, 03:21:17 pm »

How do you tell the merchant apart from the other glowpads?
He's cyan, he's got a LOT of hitpoints, he's very likely going to be generated with stuff that can kill you quickly if you aggro him, he apparently doesn't need water to survive, and unlike the others, he can move.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 19, 2011, 03:35:08 pm »

One quick question; what does the bio-bracelet do? Does it actually memorize the layout as I walk around or is it just a useless decorative piece?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 19, 2011, 03:49:29 pm »

The bio-bracelet gives you an exact hitpoint layout of everything in the game world, rather than an aproximation (Perfect, Fine, Injured, Wounded, Badly Wounded...).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 19, 2011, 05:21:35 pm »

I've been wondering for a while what buying points in the wilderness lore: ruins/plains/desert/etc do. Aside from Mind's Compass which is self explanatory, what do getting skills in wilderness lore do?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 19, 2011, 05:25:03 pm »

Finally managed to find the critters for the first quest, then I get sniped by a seed spitting vine <_<

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 19, 2011, 05:42:23 pm »

I've been wondering for a while what buying points in the wilderness lore: ruins/plains/desert/etc do. Aside from Mind's Compass which is self explanatory, what do getting skills in wilderness lore do?
You are much less likely to get lost in those areas. I personally think that 100 points for that is too much. I'd better spend those 100 on axe+butchery.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 19, 2011, 05:44:04 pm »

Finally managed to find the critters for the first quest, then I get sniped by a seed spitting vine <_<
Ah yes, the seed spitting vines. Known for eating adventurer flesh and bone. Known for making the famous swiss adventurer. And known for being extremely annoying.

You are much less likely to get lost in those areas. I personally think that 100 points for that is too much. I'd better spend those 100 on axe+butchery.
Yeah, 100 points is too much for a infrequent 10 minutes of being lost.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 19, 2011, 05:45:15 pm »

How do you get to the rust wells? It seems like an easy area, but I can't find anything without a world map feature...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 19, 2011, 05:45:37 pm »

So where do you all usually find merchants at?
The ones I find are the one in Joppa, the Glowpad merchant, and the one in the Grit Gates. I usually don't get any farther than that...

The one in Joppa is in the bottom right house.
The Glowpad is generated somewhere in the swamps.
The Grit Gate one is the first one you'll see in there.
Also there're a few merchants in the plant village (south from a big body of water to the east from rust wells).

How do you get to the rust wells? It seems like an easy area, but I can't find anything without a world map feature...
Rust wells are red circles to the east of Joppa.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 19, 2011, 05:49:23 pm »

Has there been a wiki created for this yet?

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 19, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »

Be careful, despite it being a semi-easy area, you can still get something ridiculous from time to time that can kill you easily and quickly.

Also, stay away from red qudzu and attack from a distance, they don't call that area the rust wells for nothing.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 19, 2011, 05:54:56 pm »

Has there been a wiki created for this yet?
I don't think so.

Also, stay away from red qudzu and attack from a distance, they don't call that area the rust wells for nothing.
Don't forget rustaceans. They're all assholes that somehow can survive a HE missile to the face.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 19, 2011, 06:04:18 pm »

I started a new character, an esper this time to see how it survives compared to my four armed regenerating freak that's powered by the sun. I haven't gotten very far so far but I picked up Tinker I and was offered a choice of three schematics:

spectacles (useless fluff item)
high explosive mk3 grenade (very nice, very inexpensive to make as well)
and
corrupt banana.

Now. The grenade is definitely the first choice here. But c'mon. I have to take that corrupt banana just to see what the hell it does. I can't not take it.

Now I need to get some parts.

Edit: Looks like it's functionally just an acid gas grenade. Not sure how the damage compares.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 06:09:46 pm by Niveras »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 250