Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569999 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1035 on: March 18, 2011, 09:00:22 pm »

There's also actually color coded keycards. But those are really rare.
He knows about them, and he has a red card already, he was asking of ways to knock down non-red doors.

And yes, those are really rare. They're never around when you need them most.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 18, 2011, 09:01:46 pm »

Ooh. Okay. Wasn't sure. But yeah acid gas works wonders. It's not so good on mobs but it's vital adventuring equipment.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 18, 2011, 09:04:25 pm »

What do you do for those color coded security doors? I only found a red card for red doors, but I'm out of luck when it comes to the other doors. In my old game, I managed to find a recipe for ridiculously powerful MK. III explosives and just chucked them at the doors to MOVE them out of the way; alas I do not have such a luxury this game. If I must use a weapon to bash down the door, what's a good weapon for bashing down said 200-HP doors?
There's nothing really good at bashing them down. Just force-bubble them away or throw an acid grenade at them.
Wait, we're NOT supposed to just smash through any barrier in our paths rather then figure out or find the proper path around?
There's also actually color coded keycards. But those are really rare.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 18, 2011, 09:16:55 pm »

I should have specified, sorry. I'm a True Human, and it seems like my only choice is to huck grenades at the doors.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 18, 2011, 09:30:54 pm »

Or just hold ctrl + direction for a bit. Assuming your in a safe area at least, don't do that with enemies in the area.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 18, 2011, 09:45:54 pm »

Trying again with my plant-person build (Burgeoning, Photosynthesis, etc, with Vine-Farmer class to boot).  While heading to Redrock, I found a random lair - Guzduz, Legendary Seed-Spitting Vine!

Seriously?  Seriously.  I'm fucking Poison Ivy, and the first legendary I find is a goddamn plant.  It turned out to have a nasty combination of Frost Blast and Teleport Other powers, on top being a seed-spitter which is really annoying.  I got a whopping 12 XP.  Woo.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 18, 2011, 10:35:57 pm »

When playing a mutant do you get more mutations when you lvl up ?

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 18, 2011, 10:37:40 pm »

A new mutation costs 3 mutation points, which can be quite expensive as levels become harder to come by and you're not guaranteed a mutant point every time you level up. Usually four is enough if you're specializing, but again, it's all entirety to you.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 18, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »

Nope. You have to buy them.

A new mutation costs 34 mutation points, which can be quite expensive as levels become harder to come by and you're not guaranteed a mutant point every time you level up. Usually four is enough if you're specializing, but again, it's all entirety to you.
4, not 3. Yeah, it's quite expensive, unless you're playing a high-ego char like me and all the powers level up without having to spend points on them and you end up with a large surplus.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 18, 2011, 10:46:27 pm »

I'm 99% sure you always get a mutant point when you level up. Likewise, it costs 4 points for a random mutation. It's selected from the full list, unless you chose the esper or chimaera mutation genotypes at the mutation screen, in which case the random mutations are limited to mental or physical respectively.

Note that if your using physical mutations, its better to just level them up rather then spend the 4 points getting a new one, since they have no stat bonuses attached. With mental mutations, you'll almost always pick up at least one new mutation early on since, even with only a +2 ego bonus, you can't put points in till after lvl 7. Plus, the new mutation starts preboosted.

Another thing to note is that if you are willing to deal with randomness, the random genome mutation can net you cheaper 5 point mutations, at the cost of not getting to pick them. However, it can take a LONG time to get them all, but if you have 3 points left over and don't want light manipulation, it might be worth it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 18, 2011, 11:08:26 pm »

Unormal, I got this while stacking things near the glowpad.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...aaaannnnddd now it's stuck eternally with that error. *sigh*, there goes my game. I really need to learn to start saving my games when playing betas...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 18, 2011, 11:18:48 pm »

So. I've encountered a twining lamprey. How exactly do I, uh....make it stay dead?!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 18, 2011, 11:19:55 pm »

So. I've encountered a twining lamprey. How exactly do I, uh....make it stay dead?!
Kill both partners in the same turn. Get creative.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 18, 2011, 11:22:24 pm »

I have repeatadly risked point-blank suicide grenading on them, and it hasn't worked.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 18, 2011, 11:25:30 pm »

I have repeatadly risked point-blank suicide grenading on them, and it hasn't worked.

Run. RUn very fast.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 250