Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569929 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1005 on: March 18, 2011, 06:01:03 pm »

I found a carbide axe in a surprise ruin near Redrock!
Please tell me this doesn't have the same luck as nethack, everytime I get something awesome at the start there i die quite soon after.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 18, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »

Please tell me this doesn't have the same luck as nethack, everytime I get something awesome at the start there i die quite soon after.

It's a roguelike. What do you think is going to happen?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 18, 2011, 06:09:00 pm »

:(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 18, 2011, 06:15:05 pm »

It's not like Nethack, though there are points where you will basically just die, and then know better for next time. Though going cautiously ahead will negate a good amount of that as well.

Edit: Semi major point. You travel MUCH faster in the local map then you do across the world map. Just an observation. Good if low on food.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:20:35 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 18, 2011, 06:28:29 pm »

Edit: Semi major point. You travel MUCH faster in the local map then you do across the world map. Just an observation. Good if low on food.
in-game time. In RL-time world map is obviously faster.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 18, 2011, 06:37:13 pm »

*All spire dungeons are now somewhat smaller
*Removed an extra stairs down in the Rusted Archway
*Reduced the encounter density in the Rusted Archway
*Somewhat reduced the encounter density in Bethesda Susa
*Increased the difficulty of the NPCs in the temple of the rock
*Swarm Rack is no-longer buildable
*Hoversleds are no-longer a light source
*Fixed an exploit allowing you to continue with negative mutation points

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 18, 2011, 06:45:01 pm »

Cool, an update!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 18, 2011, 06:46:20 pm »

A hint to everyone: pick a defect and distribute the points and delete the defect, you'll be at -4 points and unable to progress. Now if you press "walk northeast" you'll end up at class picking screen, and now you're at +4 points than you would be normally.
*Fixed an exploit allowing you to continue with negative mutation points

Hey, Rooster...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 18, 2011, 06:58:04 pm »

*Swarm Rack is no-longer buildable
And as it just so happens, I have a swarm rack schematic learned at this very moment. I feel like I've dodged a bullet in getting a chance to build this thing, whatever it is.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 18, 2011, 07:08:21 pm »

So I've been using a chaingun I found schematics for and built right away. This thing... Only problem with it is the huge amount of slugs it swallows up. Anything I point it at dies messily.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 18, 2011, 07:09:47 pm »

So I've been using a chaingun I found schematics for and built right away. This thing... Only problem with it is the huge amount of slugs it swallows up. Anything I point it at dies messily.
What did you expect from a chaingun? Sniper rifle accuracy? :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 18, 2011, 07:11:28 pm »

You know, there are scoped versions of all of the guns I've seen so far....
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 18, 2011, 07:12:00 pm »

It's actually about as accurate on a per fire use standard. Anyone aimed at usually gets at least ONE shot hitting them. And it's just slightly weaker than the rifle. So yeah. Goatmen slaughter everywhere.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 18, 2011, 07:13:03 pm »

Shouldn't pump shotguns be able to have multiple shells in them? Maybe a better description would be Breech Loaded Shotgun, or add a breech loaded shotgun as the basic level shotgun, similar to a muskets base level rifle status.

Incidentally, latest character, 24 will and ego, 18 int, tinkerer job. Started with light manipulation, force bubble, and force wall, picked up disintegration at level 5. I picked up the ability to make speed injectors from Argyve, a pump shotty from a unique croc, a carbide long sword from another croc, and haven't even started on the watervine quest yet. This is looking good.

I had a chaingun early once, it is indeed a powerful weapon. Even with no skill or agility, the sheer fact that you throw 20 pounds of lead at the target each shot ensures you'll hit it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 18, 2011, 07:16:52 pm »

You know, there are scoped versions of all of the guns I've seen so far....
Reminds me the time I found a scoped rocket launcher.

Seriously, why would someone put a scope on a rocket launcher?

Shouldn't pump shotguns be able to have multiple shells in them?
Yeah, it's been bugging me too. They shouldn't be called pump shotguns because it defies the meaning of pump shotguns, namely that you have to reload every shot instead of pumping, and there's always one shell in the shotgun, despite combat shotguns being known for having multiple shells ready.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 250