Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569821 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #960 on: March 17, 2011, 10:15:25 pm »

It's been a good while since I played this, back when the true human warden class was considered easy mode due to their great starting equipment and stats, and I reckon it's time to dive back in. One problem though, where do I download it from again? The link on the OP states that it's all the way from August of last year, and that can't be right.
The post links to the newest version. The newest version is always from those links. Don't worry about the post being old, the downloads aren't.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 17, 2011, 10:26:45 pm »

Yes, but I'm saying you won't get any new data disks from Joppa. Meaning if you're around that area you'll have to travel all the way back to the Grit Gates and back if you want disks.

Grit gate recoiler. Joppa is not important after you get to the grit gate.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:28:32 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 17, 2011, 10:36:28 pm »

Yes, but I'm saying you won't get any new data disks from Joppa. Meaning if you're around that area you'll have to travel all the way back to the Grit Gates and back if you want disks.

Grit gate recoiler.
Empty batteries.

Joppa is not important after you get to the grit gate.
True, unless you want to check around Joppa, then Joppa's important. Not sure what you'd look for though...

Also, I just thought of it: three merchants=three times as much chance to get a data disk for something you want. And remember it takes a long time for merchants to restock.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 17, 2011, 10:38:05 pm »

Still. I never had a problem relying on the grit gate. It's easy to find red parts to recharge my batterys. And hell I can make new ones. But different play styles. So yay.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 17, 2011, 10:39:50 pm »

Still. I never had a problem relying on the grit gate. It's easy to find red parts to recharge my batterys. And hell I can make new ones. But different play styles. So yay.
Personally, I've never recharged batteries before. I guess I just die before I can even use them. :P

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 17, 2011, 10:41:30 pm »

Well I'm just a big ol survivor with badass armor and a sniper rifle I guess. :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 17, 2011, 10:44:45 pm »

Well I'm just a big ol survivor with badass armor and a sniper rifle I guess. :P
You've got a snipe?!

Damn, lucky. The last time I remember having one is many, many versions back (you can check if you search). It was sooo awesome.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 17, 2011, 10:47:15 pm »

It is. All thanks to murdering that one guy. He was loaded with useful recipes. And with THAT rifle I plinked a caravan guard right out of his group in the middle of the night undetected. So then ARMOR! :D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 17, 2011, 10:54:31 pm »

Huh, I started a new tinkerer game with a data disk for Semi-automatic pistols. Apparently they're really good being worth about 200 drams at the merchants. Hopefully my guy will live long enough to make some. I doubt he will, though, since he's nearly dying in melee against glowpads.

Ed: Aaaannnnddd I died at the first level of Red Rock. Welp, too bad, I won't be getting any semi-automatic pistols.

Edit2: hahahahah, my next guy had a data disk for MkIII freeze grenades. Wow, they are extremely powerful. Negative thousands of degrees three squares from the impact zone.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:20:05 pm by Tarran »

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 18, 2011, 06:49:55 am »

You know, I've always wondered: what are merchants/farmers token for?

Are farmers markets or settlements implemented?
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 18, 2011, 08:11:19 am »

I dunno, the RNG kinda likes me.

Until he decides to take it all away from me that is T_T

So how do I survive beyond, well , anything?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 18, 2011, 08:26:03 am »

Play combat characters for a while, start true human with:

STR 24, AGI 20, TOU/INT 18, WIL/EGO 12

And pick either:
Praetorian, child of the heart, or child of the wheel.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 18, 2011, 10:01:21 am »

1) Joppa is closer to salt dunes than Grit Gate, and it's full of guns, recipes and legendary items. Argyve is useful.

2) Darvi, witchwood is still plenty, remember where everything is and eat it like mad. You will NEVER die.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 18, 2011, 10:03:53 am »

I usually die before I get anything to eat xP

Except in nethack where all food inevitably is rotten

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 18, 2011, 10:59:20 am »

Take harvest first skill, and use it on the yellow trees. That'll net you witchwood which heals 30 HP every time you eat one.

Head south initially. To the north and east are mountains which can be very dangerous, and to the west are the salt dunes, which admittedly I've never been to but I expect are harder then the salt marshes. The worst you'll hit going south are crocodiles and the occasional snapjaw group.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 250