Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569693 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #885 on: March 14, 2011, 06:24:33 pm »

May I suggest something? To be more specific, a skill.

The skills name: Metallurgy.

Basically, the skill to melt down metal items/etc. and make new items out of said melted metal. Now, I know that you need some sort of forge/etc. to do all that metallurgy stuff, but perhaps the class that starts with it will come with a, say... forge pot? Basically a starting level forge item that can only be used to melt down and make small items? It would probably need to be fueled by cells perhaps, but you could also just say that it is powered by an advanced, but small solar array or something? Just a thought.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 14, 2011, 06:27:41 pm »

Help me get this running plz. I need to download the .net thing but my brower is 64 - bit, and it won't let me

I'm surprised any 64-bit OS you would be running would actually need .NET. Have you actually just tried running Caves of Qud? What error do you get?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=b44a0000-acf8-4fa1-affb-40e78d788b00&displaylang=en

Here's the 64-bit .NET redistributable.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 14, 2011, 06:30:18 pm »

May I suggest something? To be more specific, a skill.

The skills name: Metallurgy.

Basically, the skill to melt down metal items/etc. and make new items out of said melted metal. Now, I know that you need some sort of forge/etc. to do all that metallurgy stuff, but perhaps the class that starts with it will come with a, say... forge pot? Basically a starting level forge item that can only be used to melt down and make small items? It would probably need to be fueled by cells perhaps, but you could also just say that it is powered by an advanced, but small solar array or something? Just a thought.
Well, Kindle makes a small fire, and fire hands sets your hands on fire. Just need to add in the ability to start fires without those two, and the ability to chop down trees, and you would be set for at least initial forging with a small tinkers pot. Probably can't get hot enough to melt steel, at least not with initial levels of kindle and fire hands, and definitely not with a small fire, but you could figure out some form of portable forge for harder to melt things.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 14, 2011, 06:33:45 pm »

Help me get this running plz. I need to download the .net thing but my brower is 64 - bit, and it won't let me
Which Browser?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 14, 2011, 06:35:13 pm »

I have windows 7,

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 14, 2011, 06:39:29 pm »

I have windows 7,
Thats a operating system, he is asking if you use IE/Firefox/Chrome/Other
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 14, 2011, 06:44:26 pm »

*facepalm*
An OS is not a browser.

I can download the file just fine, running Win7 64-bit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 14, 2011, 06:45:52 pm »

Oh woops I use IE

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 14, 2011, 06:46:23 pm »

...Metallurgy.

Furnace for melting things, this should not be a portable item for both balance and that its not feasible to have a furnace small enough to bring.
Perhaps with a fire mutation strong enough you could do without a furnace, but then you probably rather apply the fire to the faces of enemies instead of a metal item.

A forge can be portable, and should probably be assumed to include the required tools. By using energy cells in a torch you heat the metal ingot/nugget/rod and then craft whatever.

Question is, how useful would this be? You'll only be able to make blades, spears, arrow points, possibly blunt weapons. Perhaps its needed for crafting components to other items.
I never used melee weapons but unless you get modifiers on them the skills is kinda worthless i think.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 14, 2011, 06:54:40 pm »

I had to run it as admin

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 14, 2011, 07:06:32 pm »

Dnagit I can't see the other callings becausse I have no Pg up or down buttons

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 14, 2011, 07:08:14 pm »

Didn't do anything for me. But make sure you switch to Laptop keybindings if you lack full keyboard.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 14, 2011, 07:27:27 pm »

Everything fits on one screen now, the text on the bottom is a holdover from older versions. I'll remove it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 14, 2011, 07:31:54 pm »

K. Anyway that was hilarious I took the first Quest went north, and got killed by three Dragonflies

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 14, 2011, 09:34:12 pm »

*F1 on any character creation screen will select a random choice or distribute your remaining points randomly
*Removed some extraneous text on some character creation screens
*Attempting to use more charge from a cell than it has will no-longer flatline the cell
*Somewhat reduced the charge cost of recoiler usage
*Minor tweaks to the stats of a few creatures
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 250