Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569640 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #855 on: March 09, 2011, 01:38:51 pm »

A better solution: allow the skill which gives you ALL materials to let you disassemble your crafted items.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 09, 2011, 01:53:18 pm »

how the fuck do i get the console version to fullscreen?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 09, 2011, 01:54:19 pm »

Alt+Enter

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 09, 2011, 01:57:21 pm »

thx

edit: *twitch* *twitch* JILTED LOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:10:36 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 09, 2011, 03:53:40 pm »

Well that's the skill that gets you into trouble though. As soon as you can disassemble for full price, you can disassemble and build the same item an infinite number of times until you get any mods you want.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 09, 2011, 04:13:11 pm »

Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 09, 2011, 04:16:27 pm »

A better solution: allow the skill which gives you ALL materials to let you disassemble your crafted items.

Well that's the skill that gets you into trouble though. As soon as you can disassemble for full price, you can disassemble and build the same item an infinite number of times until you get any mods you want.
You mis-quoted. Fixed it for you.

Yeah, the ability to disassemble and reassemble stuff until you get the mods you want indefinitely is a bad thing.

Though... it wouldn't hurt to have mods be generated on random weapons more often. As it stands mods are about 1/100 or something like that. What's worse is that it's usually the low level (for the area) weapons getting the mods. I don't think I've ever used modded weapons that much.

Dude, if you're going to post, post something more than just "............". Also, unormal mis-quoted. Nothing to get raged about.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 09, 2011, 04:35:11 pm »

What are the mods? I think I am missing something. Probably I didn't get it once.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 09, 2011, 06:29:00 pm »

What are the mods? I think I am missing something. Probably I didn't get it once.
Modifications. Like when you craft an item, it some times doesn't come as a plain version of the item. So yeah, if you could deconstruct, you could repeat until you got what you wanted.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 10, 2011, 12:11:41 am »

The mods are things like Slender, Sturdy, Sharp. They change the weapon in a small but noticeable way. And I agree, they are really rare. How about upping their rate to something like 25% or more, and adding equivalent negative mods which cancel out if it modifies the same thing? For example, Bulky, Flimsy, and Blunt, and if you get Bulky and Slender it just cancels it out.

To carry this into crafting, and to make high intelligence characters more powerful, as you tinker, you have a 100% chance of adding at least one mod, but its based off intelligence the ratio of bad to good. I'm not sure if it should be absolute intelligence or a ratio based on the tinkering level of the item, but high intelligence does nothing when tinkering so far other then open it up. Perhaps a single tinker skill for everything, and an additional skill that lets you get a new data disk every time you drop say 50-100 skill points into it. Possibly let you choose categories for the new disc, and certain categories cost more skill points to get, like learning how to make a new grenade is just 25 skill points, but learning to make a sniper rifle is 100.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 10, 2011, 08:26:56 am »

I don't really like the idea of disks from points, mostly because I view them as rare artifacts you have to search for, not get for killing X glowpads.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 10, 2011, 08:29:51 am »

Then just learn how to make it straight and skip the disk stage. Your a tinkerer. You should be able to figure things out. The disks would still be left for those types who can't afford to spend the skill points to get new items, while tinkering as a distinct option would be strengthened.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 12, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »

*1 new ant
*1 new fish
*1 new creature in Bethesda Susa
*1 new liquid
*All overland traders will now be properly stocked
*Overland water zones are now properly generated
*Increased the variety of the canyon builder
*Increased the variety of the marsh builder
*Troll Fireslingers will now appear in smaller groups
*Increased the number of troll berserkers
*Trolls are now better equipped
*Reduced the level of the fire ant fire blast
*Fixed some issues with the noise-map generator
*Fixed some liquid effects that were being incorrectly applied to creatures entering their cell, even if they were in a container
*Freezing, Flaming hands and Grandfather Horn animations will now only play when the current zone is the active zone
*Fixed several instances of undefined zones

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 12, 2011, 06:12:05 pm »

How do I download this ?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 12, 2011, 06:13:34 pm »

How do I download this ?
First post. Follow the link. Public builds. Next time put more effort into finding the download.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 250