Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569585 times)

SirStrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #645 on: January 11, 2011, 07:18:27 pm »

Bug: I dominated a farmer and made it walk to red rock and kill a few things. When I ended the domination and returned to my body (in Joppa) the farmer was standing right next to me.

Also: Do dominated/proselytized creatures ever gain experience or level up? When my dominated farmer journeyed to red rock and killed some stuff my character gained exp but the farmer did not and when my proselytized farmer killed something (not under domination) neither of us gained exp. (I checked his exp with dominate) I figured out that I could drop weapons/armor on the ground and then dominate my proselytized friends to make them pick up and equip them. That's pretty cool and it would make it even cooler if my buddies could level up etc.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 11, 2011, 08:38:42 pm »

Also: Do dominated/proselytized creatures ever gain experience or level up? When my dominated farmer journeyed to red rock and killed some stuff my character gained exp but the farmer did not and when my proselytized farmer killed something (not under domination) neither of us gained exp. (I checked his exp with dominate) I figured out that I could drop weapons/armor on the ground and then dominate my proselytized friends to make them pick up and equip them. That's pretty cool and it would make it even cooler if my buddies could level up etc.
No, I don't think they can level up.

Also, unormal, bug; after cutting off a scrap shoveler's right arm, I found that I could eat it... You might want to fix that. Because as far as I know there isn't a "metal eater" mutation yet. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 11, 2011, 10:14:34 pm »

I've noticed a couple of weird bugs related to doors:

1)  When I attacked a security door, it would start to burn.  My character did have the fire hands mutation, but he was wielding weapons in all hands, and as far as I know the mutation never caused anything else to just catch on fire.

2)  I had the trip skill (part of axe proficiency) learned, and I would occasionally 'trip' the door and cause it to 'fall down'

Also I once accidentally hit a giant dragonfly with an arrow.  The dragonflies starting chasing me, but they stayed 'flying' and could not melee me.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 11, 2011, 10:15:57 pm »

Also, doors can be closed while you're standing on the same square.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #649 on: January 12, 2011, 04:40:25 am »

I've noticed a couple of weird bugs related to doors:

1)  When I attacked a security door, it would start to burn.  My character did have the fire hands mutation, but he was wielding weapons in all hands, and as far as I know the mutation never caused anything else to just catch on fire.

2)  I had the trip skill (part of axe proficiency) learned, and I would occasionally 'trip' the door and cause it to 'fall down'

Also I once accidentally hit a giant dragonfly with an arrow.  The dragonflies starting chasing me, but they stayed 'flying' and could not melee me.
Did one of your hands have a lit torch?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:21 am »

My first character also suffered issues 't'alking. :)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 12, 2011, 11:49:50 am »

Oopsihittee's Disease: It's a rare form of Tourette's Syndrome wherein the afflicted individual occasionally throws grenades at those with whom they intend to converse.

[edited for less repetitious word choice]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:36:58 pm by KrunkSplein »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 12, 2011, 11:54:19 am »

Oopsihittee's Disease: It's a rare form of Tourette's Syndrome wherein the afflicted individual occasionally throws grenades at individuals with whom they intend to converse.

Is that a mutation defect I see?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 12, 2011, 01:30:25 pm »

Am I the only user who's used to space being the general key? o_O
*Hugs*

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 12, 2011, 02:09:43 pm »

Am I the only user who's used to space being the general key? o_O

I'm used to it NOW, but I wasn't when I first played.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 12, 2011, 02:27:34 pm »

Hehe. Elona conditioned me I guess
*Hugs*

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 13, 2011, 02:23:03 am »

I finally got this working - it took me a while since I have no technical expertise whatsoever. It might help if there was a walkthrough for running the game in console mode - spectacular luddites like myself really need all the help we can get. For me, console mode took the game from a horrible 0.3 frames per second to a playable 10 FPS.

Just because I get the feeling this is needed since everyone else is probably too embarassed to explain something so obvious, here's a screenshot of what you have to do to run something in console mode:

That space you need after the target and before -console really flummoxed me for a while. I hate computers.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #657 on: January 13, 2011, 03:03:37 am »

OR... you could just run it in console mode from the start menu?

I got nothing

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 13, 2011, 03:15:10 am »

I had to download the zip file, had errors with the installer - so nothing helpful in the start menu for me. Tried updating NET framework, but that thing always whines and complains like a little bitch when I try to get it to do anything.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #659 on: January 13, 2011, 03:20:59 am »

aahhh, yes well that sounds very complicated...

Maybe unormal will have some input.
I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 250