Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569698 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #585 on: January 08, 2011, 05:26:20 am »

Yeah, that doesn't really make sense. I'd suggest fixing that, since the skill header doesn't really do anything I think. Other sections having costs make sense, but when you have one that's a tiered tree, having the beginning skill and the skill header cost different seems unnecessarily complicated. Not by much, but at least a little.
I'm not saying it should or shouldn't cost, just wondering which way is intended. Harvestry uses almost the exact same wording as butchery, but butchery grants butcher for free where harvestry does not grant harvest.

Yeah, this is a bug; though the overall cost wouldn't change.

I figured that. Just seems counter-intuitive is all, like a lack of polish.

Personal storage is oft requested, and it'll go in sooner than later (weeks not months probably).

Awesome.

Thanks for sticking around on these forums and letting us know what's up.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 08, 2011, 09:24:50 am »

somehow my evil clone started using sunder mind every 2 steps i took ... and didn't even know where he was...
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 08, 2011, 12:30:42 pm »

Quick suggestion, when you press one of the F keys, for it to give you a prompt of what you are about to do. I had that frame thing come up and it was blocking items on the ground, and I knew it was one of the F keys that removed it, so I started pressing all of them and in the end I got some strange looking screen, with everything revealed. I did find out it was F10 that fixed my problem, but I lost my character.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 08, 2011, 01:59:01 pm »

For th'interim, or if that's not implemented, just unbind all the function keys. They're only for debug stuff, anyway -- well, except for F1. Maybe just have them all unbound by default?

E: Though I just noticed I'm not entirely sure how you'd do that. Hrm.

Well, there's the quite roundabout way of assigning all the debug keys to something else, say 'w', then reassigning w to walk once that's done. Effort :-\
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:03:20 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 08, 2011, 02:08:50 pm »

For th'interim, or if that's not implemented, just unbind all the function keys. They're only for debug stuff, anyway -- well, except for F1. Maybe just have them all unbound by default?

E: Though I just noticed I'm not entirely sure how you'd do that. Hrm.

Well, there's the quite roundabout way of assigning all the debug keys to something else, say 'w', then reassigning w to walk once that's done. Effort :-\

Heh, good point, I'll put clearing a binding on the to-do list, at least one other person has asked for it in the past, just for OCD reasons :)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 08, 2011, 07:30:12 pm »

Oh, huh. Oops. You can, uh, berate yourself. It... it's a decently nasty debuff, apparently. I'm seeing -10 quickness (possibly -10%, I'unno.), -3 ego, -4 willpower, -4 DV. MA drop, too.

E: Slumberlings are hardcore lazy bastids narcoleptics. They can fall asleep while on fire.

E2: Slumberlings can also charge now, apparently :-\

E.3: Just genned Praetorian is holding a scoped desert rifle in one missile weapon slot. Lets me dual up a pistol in the other without hesitation. Firing's working, but's going to be a bit before I can check and see how akimbo reacts.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:26:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 08, 2011, 10:08:57 pm »

Actually, they've been able to for quite a few versions. They just don't do it all that often.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #592 on: January 08, 2011, 10:27:53 pm »

E.3: Just genned Praetorian is holding a scoped desert rifle in one missile weapon slot. Lets me dual up a pistol in the other without hesitation. Firing's working, but's going to be a bit before I can check and see how akimbo reacts.
I was curious if the desert rifle is supposed to be one handed.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 09, 2011, 12:49:22 am »

Definitely not: Unequipping and re-wearing the rifle properly uses both missile weapon slots. It's apparently just a bug with th'initial generation.

Now, a high-end skill that lets you one-hand rifles...
Ask not!
Ask!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 09, 2011, 12:54:06 am »

Oh, huh. Oops. You can, uh, berate yourself. It... it's a decently nasty debuff, apparently. I'm seeing -10 quickness (possibly -10%, I'unno.), -3 ego, -4 willpower, -4 DV. MA drop, too.

E: Slumberlings are hardcore lazy bastids narcoleptics. They can fall asleep while on fire.

i was wondering about this post when i found one and thought i could kill it, yea i was so wrong.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 09, 2011, 12:56:20 am »

i was wondering about this post when i found one and thought i could kill it, yea i was so wrong.
So you ignored TWO warnings((Mine))? Well, can't say it wasn't all your fault.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 09, 2011, 01:04:52 am »

In other news, dual'd rifle+pistol reacts appropriately to akimbo. Neat.
Ask not!
Ask!

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #597 on: January 09, 2011, 01:26:08 am »

Apprently, dual-lairs exist. "You found a lair. Would you like to explore it?" "Sure." "You found the lair of [name], legendary two-headed boar!" "Okay."

"Do-de-do-de-dooo... killin' some stuff... next z-level.... killin' more stuff... nex z-HOLY SHIT!"

I am confronted by a group of 8 goat savages, 2 are sowers (Seed-grenade guys), and one in purple, which is 'Baraaah Heartbiter, the Goatfolk Shaman of Clan Mnim.' Who is purple. That's all I can see by the way. I'm going to see if I can take them down, because he has a floating glowsphere that I REALLY want.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 09, 2011, 01:36:50 am »

Have a care, especially with those sowers; deem goatbuggers are a serious step up from snapjaws :-\

Probably wasn't a double-lair, though. Sometimes you just get a boss monster wandering around where'er. Ran into plenty of purple snapjaws just walking around the worldmap.

While I know th'various boss titles (Gutspiller and firesnarler on snapjaws, ferex.) seem to have set bonuses they apply to critters, I couldn't tell yeh what they all do -- except firesnarlers. Those set you on fire.
Ask not!
Ask!

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 09, 2011, 01:39:40 am »

Small update with a couple requests:

*You may now clear a keybinding by pressing delete on the keybinding screen
*Added a new UI option "Always highlight stairs"