Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569758 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #540 on: January 06, 2011, 09:35:41 pm »

Also, aren't Target Rifles a little redundant if they're(as far as I can tell) exactly the same as Desert Rifles?

Target Rifles can still fire without any ammo loaded.

I'd say that's a bit of a difference :P

Seriously though, maybe they're more accurate? Tried firing a few dozen rounds off into the distance and seeing if the bullet spread is less than desert rifles?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 06, 2011, 09:39:57 pm »

I'd say that's a bit of a difference :P
It's a bug though, since you can load ammo into the Target Rifle. Otherwise not taking ammo would seem like a feature, not a bug.

Seriously though, maybe they're more accurate? Tried firing a few dozen rounds off into the distance and seeing if the bullet spread is less than desert rifles?
Personally, I didn't try comparing them a whole lot since both of them are pretty darn inaccurate. But the damage is the same, the armor piercing is the same, the clip is the same, and they both cost exactly the same, so I'm pretty sure they're the same.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 06, 2011, 09:42:48 pm »

Unormal, bug; Target Rifles can still fire without any ammo loaded.

Also, aren't Target Rifles a little redundant if they're(as far as I can tell) exactly the same as Desert Rifles?

They're a test item that takes no ammo, I assume you got them through a data disk? I'll disable the data disk, they shouldn't spawn.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 06, 2011, 09:52:01 pm »

That's unfortunate. I found a strange artifact that I couldn't identify more than "A Club." I fired it at enemies for ages before it eventually stopped firing. I never could identify it.

I died. It turns out that it was some kind of electric bow. That thing was awesome. I could fire it across the entire width of the screen and pretty much always hit my target. Each hit was basically a kill shot. Normal rifles were no comparison to that thing.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 06, 2011, 09:53:35 pm »

Unormal, bug; Target Rifles can still fire without any ammo loaded.

They're a test item that takes no ammo, I assume you got them through a data disk? I'll disable the data disk, they shouldn't spawn.
Yep, got it through a disk.

That's unfortunate. I found a strange artifact that I couldn't identify more than "A Club." I fired it at enemies for ages before it eventually stopped firing. I never could identify it.

I died. It turns out that it was some kind of electric bow. That thing was awesome. I could fire it across the entire width of the screen and pretty much always hit my target. Each hit was basically a kill shot. Normal rifles were no comparison to that thing.
You should've used the Identify option from traders. It would've completely identified that bow straight up for a few drams.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 06, 2011, 09:55:38 pm »

You should've used the Identify option from traders. It would've completely identified that bow straight up for a few drams.

That's awesome. Thanks. Apparently I didn't read the help files enough.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 06, 2011, 10:04:01 pm »

That's awesome. Thanks. Apparently I didn't read the help files enough.
Also, there's also the Repair option for when things get rusted. Costs only 1 dram instead of 1 fix-it spray(around 12 or so drams).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 06, 2011, 10:54:24 pm »

Spoiler: Srsly? (click to show/hide)
Oh that's just mean.

At least there's a lot of loot...

Edit: Okay, they're killing themselves so it's not that bad.

Edit2: Wow, it was actually kinda easy. Still, the amount of turrets generated was simply insane.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:58:26 pm by Tarran »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 06, 2011, 10:58:04 pm »

Yikes. I'm surprised you survived to peak into that room.

I.... guess you could grow grenades in there to take crap out, if they weren't killing each other? Th'only problem being it'd wreck the chests, too...
Ask not!
Ask!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 06, 2011, 11:00:44 pm »

Look at the picture more closely; the reason I survived to peek is because I just entered the level.

Also, as I've said in my edits, they killed themselves so it actually was quite easy. And the loot was great; a folded carbide dagger and a floating glowsphere(didn't have one before that).

Edit: Unormal, another bug; if you have multiple scrapped waydroids in your inventory and repair one, the rest in the same stack disappear completely. Also, the message saying that you repaired one displays twice.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:06:59 pm by Tarran »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 06, 2011, 11:05:02 pm »

Mm... could have teleported there :P

Still kinda' surprised they didn't decide to off you right when you stepped onto the level. Is there even a pause between entrance and action? I certainly remember being set of fire before getting off the starts in th'past...
Ask not!
Ask!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 06, 2011, 11:07:40 pm »

Mm... could have teleported there :P

Still kinda' surprised they didn't decide to off you right when you stepped onto the level. Is there even a pause between entrance and action? I certainly remember being set of fire before getting off the starts in th'past...
I think it's random. Sometimes you get to go first, sometimes they do.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 07, 2011, 12:04:58 am »

I've had turret rooms like that. They're really easy when you can create shields or charm creatures. But without that, only grenades will help ya.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 07, 2011, 08:35:38 am »

Could you 'phase' into the wall, and look on imperviously as the guns rattle the wall you occupy?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 07, 2011, 06:27:12 pm »

New patch posted:

*Point-buy for attributes
*All-new confusion effect for the player
*1 new utility item
*3 new tier 3 monsters
*New monster subtype Swarmer: This creature receives +1 to its to-hit and penetration rolls for each other swarmer beyond the first who is adjacent to its' target.
*New monster subtype Swarm Alpha: As long as this creature is adjacent to its target, it grants +2 to the swarm bonuses of each other swarmer who is adjacent to its' target.
*Removed some test item data disks
*Made some items tinkerable
*Cells are now tinkered fully discharged
*Tinkering I now grants the 'Recharge Cell' ability, which uses tier 0 red (scrap power) bits
*Tier 1+ scrap is now somewhat more common
*Robots will now ocassionally drop scrap when killed, and the Scavenger power now functions as intented
*Chem cells now require a tier 1 bit, Solar cells now take a tier 2 bit
*Tinkering Lead Slugs and Shotgun Shells now yields 5, down from 50
*Monster buffs: Drillbot drills have a higher penetration bonus, Agolot Cultists have more HP
*Monsters will swap positions with each-other much less often
*Fixed an issue where more than one monster would sometimes stack up in a square
*Slumberlings and Great Saltbacks now have the proper natural weapons
*The time should no-longer overlap the first ability slot in the ability sidebar view
*Statistic boosts should now expire correctly after a save and load (fixes incorrectly permanent boosters and mutations)
*Disoriented will correctly expire after a save and load (fixes incorrectly permanent DV decreases)
*Heightened Speed is now correctly tagged as a physical mutation
*Security Doors are now much heavier
*Mutation generated slime and acid pools are no-longer always perfectly square
*Added an animation for slime and acid spitting
*Many powers will no-longer be incorrectly used through walls by monsters
*Various wall materials are now less likely to catch on fire
*Higher level security doors are now more durable
*Increased the base cost for repairing an item at a merchant
*Increased the cost to identify unknown items at a merchant
*Raised the baseline temperature at which objects vaporize, up to 10k from 4k
*Monsters below the player's tier grant reduced XP
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:39:31 pm by unormal »