Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569841 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #495 on: January 03, 2011, 01:27:42 pm »

I know it seems a bit extreme, but have you considered running windows on a virtual machine?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #496 on: January 03, 2011, 01:31:44 pm »

Or simply running windows?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #497 on: January 03, 2011, 02:00:39 pm »

Ive been playing the game on my mothers computer, which has windows, but that computer is really slow, and i want to run it my computer where i can mess with the settings and such. As for running a windows virtual machine, I have no idea how to do that. I'll look it up though.

EDIT- dreadroots are evil. here i am stringing out a fight with a quillipede until my sunder mind can recharge when...

You are fleeing from the dreadroot!
the quillipede is hitting you!
you are dead! 
ffffffffffffffuuuuuu...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:06:36 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 03, 2011, 02:30:41 pm »

I have a small request. Could you make the stairs bright white or perhaps bright red or some other color while they're not being seen? Would make it easier to identify them when done exploring a level and wanting to go down/up.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 03, 2011, 02:31:40 pm »

I have a small request. Could you make the stairs bright white or perhaps bright red or some other color while they're not being seen? Would make it easier to identify them when done exploring a level and wanting to go down/up.
Yeah, it's quiet annoying trying to find them. I would like them bright white out-of-sight too.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #500 on: January 03, 2011, 02:38:13 pm »

when you press alt, the space with the stairs turns bright pink.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 03, 2011, 02:40:13 pm »

Yeah, but would be nice to have them bright as default.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 03, 2011, 02:48:24 pm »

Yeah, but would be nice to have them bright as default.

Yeah, I can add an option for the next build. Still working on it, should be out this week at some point.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 03, 2011, 02:54:15 pm »

Cool, Thanks Unormal. :D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 03, 2011, 05:42:29 pm »

Wow, I just killed the elder and got a METAMETAL DAGGER. That is definitely going into my offhand.

Edit: Actually, with the damage it does, it's going into my main weapon hand even though my guy is suited for axes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:07:28 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 03, 2011, 06:28:18 pm »

Yeah, I had a character with a full ferrite dagger. It was devastating. I like the materials you find after folded carbide(sp?).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 03, 2011, 09:41:39 pm »

WOW, the Grit Gate has a HUGE armory. Man, tip for everyone; if you're in the Grit Gate with the force bubble mutation and are desperate for money or equipment just force bubble-push into the armory(the room above the two doors above the force-field entrance). Seriously, it's freaking LOADED with 27 lockers.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:43:33 pm by Tarran »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 03, 2011, 10:33:40 pm »

Yup. That's a great spot, but I already find so much stuff I don't usually bother with it. Plus not every character of mine has force bubble or the bracelet.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 03, 2011, 10:35:05 pm »

Actually, DON'T OPEN THE ARMORY! It has a lot of robots and they will cause a LOT of slowdown in your game, no matter where you are.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #509 on: January 03, 2011, 10:59:10 pm »

Actually, DON'T OPEN THE ARMORY! It has a lot of robots and they will cause a LOT of slowdown in your game, no matter where you are.
Unless you kill them.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 250