Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569882 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #465 on: January 01, 2011, 02:38:49 pm »

I´ve gotten as far as going to the troll city/camp and searching for the mcguffin there, but the cominbation of troll berserkes and a dozen spells being cast while one clawed monster king crabs rip me a new one is pretty bad news.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2011, 02:53:20 pm »

There are some unforgiving things in this game some times. I had this nearly immortal character. But then I went downstairs and it was a Jelly level. There were 5 big green Js right next to the stairs. I didn't even get a turn, I was DOA.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2011, 04:43:50 pm »

Once you learn how to make some kind of mkIII grenade and have the lay mine skill you can most likly deal with every enemy - given perpetration time.

Swipe and the windmill stance (hit all enemys once) saved me so many times...

Heading into the deadlands to find some rare tinkering bits, my first journey there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 04:45:43 pm by ThtblovesDF »

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 02, 2011, 05:17:26 am »

beguile might be a bit overpowered, this is my lv 3 character's "companion"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 02, 2011, 06:14:26 am »

There are some unforgiving things in this game some times.

I just lost a promising 6th level character by walking in to my own generated steam (flaming hands over a stream) and instantly dying. It might be nice if there was the possibility for the game to not let you walk straight in to 'dangerous terrain' without a prompt (it's not unreasonable for an intelligent being to think twice about walking straight in to a boiling cloud of vapour .. )

But then again, I suppose in these things lie the very charms of roguelike gaming ...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #470 on: January 02, 2011, 06:15:24 am »

Also: You told him to walk there.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 02, 2011, 06:53:11 am »

am i right in the asumption that you can beguile everything as long as you have the skill on a high enough level?
i just beguiled my evil twin ...
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 02, 2011, 11:21:24 am »

Not everything... And be careful with what your beguiled friend might aggravate. You might not be able to deal with it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 02, 2011, 02:03:10 pm »

Argh. Finished the critter quest and my .SAV file is 286MB large, plus saving takes at least four minutes.

Pita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 02, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »

Really wish I could play this! Crashes straight after character creation (console mode).

Crappy intel laptop. Grumblegrumblegrumble.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 02, 2011, 04:46:02 pm »

Umm... Umm... Unormal, I've got a friendly evil twin without even doing anything to him... That's certainly a bug.

Also, I got a glowpad stem and a glowpad root system in the same screen, which I've never gotten before. So I have a feeling that this one screen is bugged in some way.

Edit: And I got this four or five times every turn after that after returning to the same screen from the cave below;

This is similar to that bug from the game I sent you before Unormal. I have a feeling the evil twin mutation might be the cause of that bug.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:53:28 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 02, 2011, 05:07:07 pm »

Umm... Umm... Unormal, I've got a friendly evil twin without even doing anything to him... That's certainly a bug.

Also, I got a glowpad stem and a glowpad root system in the same screen, which I've never gotten before. So I have a feeling that this one screen is bugged in some way.

Edit: And I got this four or five times every turn after that after returning to the same screen from the cave below;

This is similar to that bug from the game I sent you before Unormal. I have a feeling the evil twin mutation might be the cause of that bug.

Yup I'll fix it up.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 02, 2011, 05:11:55 pm »

Really wish I could play this! Crashes straight after character creation (console mode).

Crappy intel laptop. Grumblegrumblegrumble.

Do you get an exception?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 02, 2011, 05:20:52 pm »

Unormal, another bug; when I got a bill from the beak defect, the game treats it like horns, with the horn description and the ability to attack with the bill.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Pita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 02, 2011, 06:17:48 pm »

Do you get an exception?

Yup:

RunSegment:System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007007A): The data area passed to a system call is too small. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007A)
   at ConsoleLib.Console.TextConsole.WriteConsoleOutput(IntPtr hConsoleOutput, CHAR_INFO[] lpBuffer, COORD dwBufferSize, COORD dwBufferCoord, SMALL_RECT& lpWriteRegion)
   at ConsoleLib.Console.TextConsole.DrawBuffer(ScreenBuffer Buffer) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\ConsoleLib\ConsoleLib.Console.cs:line 2180
   at XRL.UI.WorldCreationProgress.Draw() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\UI Elements\World Creation Progress\XRL.UI.WorldCreationProgress.cs:line 79
   at XRL.UI.WorldCreationProgress.NextStep(String Text, Int32 TotalSteps) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\UI Elements\World Creation Progress\XRL.UI.WorldCreationProgress.cs:line 94
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.NewGame() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 1550
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.Start() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 2276
   at XRL.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.EntryPoint.cs:line 64

If there is an easy solution that would be awesome! But this thing (intel GMA 950) is more than a little notorious for incompatibility with games that I don't dare get my hopes up.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 250