Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569926 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #330 on: December 26, 2010, 01:27:07 pm »

Ha! I found my robot again and managed to kill him! He dropped three HE missiles but not the weapon he was using to fire them. These ruins are full of nice little tinkering tidbits and such as well, but I keep running into tough monsters.

Where the heck are the rustwells, anyway? I went pretty far east and ran into really tough enemies before I found any caves or ruins.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 26, 2010, 01:29:56 pm »

They are the red balls against the mountains.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 26, 2010, 02:18:01 pm »

Wow, this game is quite impressive. I totally love the setting.

What are the colored circles in <..> next to some items' names?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2010, 02:19:59 pm »

Those are the components the item has. If you open your craft screen (k), the colored names tell you what each circle color is.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 26, 2010, 02:28:34 pm »

Wow, this game is quite impressive. I totally love the setting.

What are the colored circles in <..> next to some items' names?
They're what the items are made of. Like for example a desert rifle has <> which means it is made of 1 scrap metal, 1 scrap crystal, and 1 flawless crystal. Disassembling has a chance to net you some of the items listed(unless you've got the Expert Disassemble skill, then you get all of them). You can also build a desert rifle if you have the knowledge of the recipe and also have all the components listed above.

Fakeedit: Ninja'd. But I still have more information so hah.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 26, 2010, 02:57:27 pm »

Thanks, guys! I've just discovered you can take quests, so I found that KnippKnapp thing, and also a body of a critter.

But the water is so heavy! I need to find a better item for currency.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 26, 2010, 02:58:43 pm »

But the water is so heavy! I need to find a better item for currency.
Grab some nuggets; they are bought and sold always at the same price, so you never lose any money using them as a currency.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 26, 2010, 03:01:06 pm »

Anyone got any tips for surviving more than eight seconds? Also, is there a wiki for this game? Cuz if not, someone should create it.
*Hugs*

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 26, 2010, 03:04:31 pm »

Anyone got any tips for surviving more than eight seconds?

Don't roll up a physically fragile character. Sure, having Cryokinesis and Pyrokinesis AND Domination on your 10 Toughness Esper is nice, but you're gonna get ripped up unless you're very good at the game. Start with physical characters first, like Praetorians, Wardens, or just True Men in general.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 26, 2010, 03:06:27 pm »

Anyone got any tips for surviving more than eight seconds?
Wait for eight seconds.

...To be serious, just walk to the swamps nearby and kill some glowfish until you level up some. You get 10xp each and you can also sell their corpses for a decent amount. Avoid the glowpads(unless you're decently strong) and crocs(they hurt like heck compared to glow fish). You should survive more than eight seconds easily. If you don't, this game isn't for you.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 26, 2010, 03:10:32 pm »

I've also found a decent way to gain your first level is to chuck two 'knicknacks' (artifacts) at Argyle for the XP if you happen to start with a pair. Usually it ends up being a grenade or two, or stat injectors that I hardly use anyway.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 26, 2010, 03:12:37 pm »

I've also found a decent way to gain your first level is to chuck two 'knicknacks' (artifacts) at Argyle for the XP if you happen to start with a pair. Usually it ends up being a grenade or two, or stat injectors that I hardly use anyway.

This^2. This is exactly what you should do if you start with artifacts -- level up and then pick out some skills that will help you survive without even leaving town.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 26, 2010, 03:14:28 pm »

You can also buy a metal folding chair from the merchant for cheap. They count as knicknacks and only cost a measly 0.02 or so drams.

Also, Unormal: A minor bug; when I took damage from the fire from a lit torch on the floor it said I took damage from a fire started by a fire ant.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:15:59 pm by Tarran »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 26, 2010, 03:34:04 pm »

I currently have carapace and flaming hands. I throw my fireball and then retreat into my carapace, becoming practically unkillable. I feel like a boss monster.

Also, I somehow managed to bug my save by savescumming in such a way that I get the +1 to every stat of true humans at level ups, arent sure at what frequency though.

EDIT: I just stumbled upon a gathering of 30 pygmys....anyone want cooked pygmy?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:43:38 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 26, 2010, 03:42:45 pm »

Also, I somehow managed to bug my save by savescumming in such a way that I get the +1 to every stat of true humans at level ups, arent sure at what frequency though.
Not a bug; Mutants get +1 to every attribute every 6 levels starting at level 6. It's normal, mutants do get +1 to every stat just at half the rate that true humans do.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 250