Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569883 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #300 on: December 24, 2010, 03:29:49 pm »

I've been trying this game out.  It's pretty good, how and where do you sell the stuff you find in adventures though?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 24, 2010, 03:32:41 pm »

I've been trying this game out.  It's pretty good, how and where do you sell the stuff you find in adventures though?

It's an obtuse interface in terms of trade. Talk to anyone -- any NPC that you can talk to -- and press tab while on the talking screen to get to the trade screen. You move your selector over to your items or their items, press the + key (or whatever key you've got as the increment key) and then once you've got a somewhat fair deal the trade will be made after hitting the 'o' (offer) key. Whatever monetary value lost for either side in the trade will be attempted to be fill in with certain amounts of fresh water.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 24, 2010, 04:06:56 pm »

Unormal, what is xrl? And also, what language are you using to program?

Very nice game! THanks for the efforts

We had a few ideas for roguelikes at the beginning; and I was working on a very generic underlying engine, so it was "X Roguelike". It's C#.

And are you using any external libraries?

I'm asking because I'm interested in learning and practising C# doing a RL.

Thanks for your answer!

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 24, 2010, 04:39:49 pm »

As described by freeformschooler, it's kind of a DFish trade system.  The money in this game, however, is drams of water, and each dram of water weighs a pound, so you may not want to have a bunch of extra profit.  You probably want to convert a sizable amount of water to trade goods so your "money" isn't so heavy (but keep enough for actually DRINKING).  Also, NPCs only have so much water to trade back to you at once, until they restock.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 24, 2010, 04:52:51 pm »

And are you using any external libraries?

I'm asking because I'm interested in learning and practising C# doing a RL.

Thanks for your answer!

Not really; I do console and OpenGL through direct interop calls, though I got the OpenGL interop calls by just yanking them out of a Tao build. So strictly speaking I've got peices of Tao in there, but only to save myself from having to do the definitons myself (though if I did it myself, it'd be exactially what Tao has, since it's just basic interop calls to the opengl dll's)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 24, 2010, 05:13:50 pm »

Huh. That glowpad merchant went hostile for some reason and killed me. Took a while, because he bashed me to death with a suit of armor.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 24, 2010, 05:44:37 pm »

Huh. That glowpad merchant went hostile for some reason and killed me. Took a while, because he bashed me to death with a suit of armor.

Did you kill(or just attack) any glowpads or get attacked by any around him? The glowpads are his friends, if they attack, he attacks. If they die, he attacks.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 24, 2010, 07:04:10 pm »

Batch of small bug fixes and balance tweaks.

*Stairs are now much harder, though not strictly impossible, to destroy
*Renormalized rate of solar cell recharge
*Drum-loaded modded missile weapons will have a minimum magazine size of 2
*If there is only a single object on the floor when a get command is issued, it will pick up that item without showing a menu
*Added a message to make it more clear what you're supposed to do when given the choice between tinkering recipies to learn
*Beguiling HP bonuses may be applied only once
*Fixed a domination exception
*Fixed an exception when fuging via mass-mind and dominatated clones (Oy vey)
*Fixed an exception when you die by teleporting into solid stone
*Changed the description for desert rifle to better match what it does
*Fixed the oil animation to always have a render string
*Creatures will no-longer be willing to trade their own body parts away
*Loot table changes which will generally reduce the frequency of grenades and injectors and increase the frequency of ammunition
*Updated missile weapons to use icons for penetration and damage display

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 24, 2010, 07:18:58 pm »

Hahaha.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 24, 2010, 08:25:22 pm »

*If there is only a single object on the floor when a get command is issued, it will pick up that item without showing a menu
Problem with this; if there are two items on the ground(like, a desert rifle and some spare not loaded lead slugs for example) and you disassemble one you automatically pick up the second. This can be potentially annoying if you only hit g just to disassemble the first item and don't want the second one.

Edit: Actually, this happens whenever there are two items on the ground. Pick up or destroy one, automatically pick up the second. Please fix this, it has the potential to be really annoying.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:28:46 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 24, 2010, 09:56:13 pm »

Hahaha.
Yeah. I just ran into this, and apparently if you equip them you can't unequip them afterwards. Is there a fix for this?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 24, 2010, 10:10:26 pm »

Trade your arm away, create arm ladder.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 24, 2010, 10:36:11 pm »

...Is this a joke? Given that we're talking about ridiculous bugs anyway, I'm honestly not sure.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 24, 2010, 10:51:22 pm »

...Is this a joke? Given that we're talking about ridiculous bugs anyway, I'm honestly not sure.
Yeah it's a joke.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 24, 2010, 11:43:03 pm »

Ok next patch is some new content, so will probably take a couple days. Happy holidays folks.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 250