Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569752 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2010, 02:01:33 am »

9 huh, hmm I'm pretty sure I've combed that area.  And I'm sure I didn't kill him otherwise he would've have dropped a bunch of stuff. 

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2010, 02:15:00 am »

9 huh, hmm I'm pretty sure I've combed that area.  And I'm sure I didn't kill him otherwise he would've have dropped a bunch of stuff. 
Maybe you missed him behind a bunch of trees in your initial sweep?

Anyway, does the glowpad merchant restock? Because mine isn't restocking.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2010, 02:25:30 am »

Is your merchant in an area full of those yellow trees? I'm currently cutting away all the trees with my sword... Is there a faster way to do this? How do I set fire to the area?

EDIT: I throw the lit torch and it only burns whatever tree occupies the square, it doesn't spread at all :\
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:30:18 am by Tnx »

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2010, 02:26:39 am »

throw a lit torch at it?
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2010, 02:31:52 am »

There's always the Disintegrate mutation  :P
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:35:47 am by TwilightWalker »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2010, 02:33:50 am »

Is your merchant in an area full of those yellow trees? I'm currently cutting away all the trees with my sword...
Yep. Found him in a large opening though. Also, I think you mean brown.

There's always the Disintegrate mutation :p
Or that pyro one.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2010, 02:36:30 am »

Setting fire to a large swath of land? Pyrokinesis, flaming hands, inferno grenades, flamethrower. Acid grenades/corrosive gas can also cut through stuff pretty quickly. Could also lead one of the fire-spitting enemies to the area, if by some miracle you could survive the chase :P

Side effect of all this: Taking down the trees like that will pretty much inevitably tork off the merchant. Some folks are reporting their merchant is mostly a pushover. I've had merchants toting missile launchers. So yeah. Crapshoot, possibly involving a you-shoot.

I find crab stepping (step one north east, one south east, etc.) horizontally across the screen about a third of the way from the top and the bottom is pretty thorough for map searching if you're not willing to hit F9 and speed things up. Having better light sources (glowsphere <3) helps during night time. It's generally easier to find the buggers during the day, of course.

EDIT: I guess disintegration would work too, heh.

EDIT2: Huh. There's a lot of ways to set things on fire in this game... awesome.

EDIT3: Ha! You can shove doors around with force bubble. That's... oddly amusing. Think I saw a door knocked around with a high explosive grenade once, too...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:43:55 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2010, 03:18:30 am »

Tehehe, I've got a single rocket and a bunch of missile launchers. Who or what should I overkill with it?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2010, 03:19:03 am »

Playing with an esper is ridiculously easy if you have laser pistols, gun skills, and survive beyond certain point... say, level 6. My teleport is currently level 10 with -5 rounds cooldown, meaning I can blink around as much as I want, and my clairoyance, which reveals 1/3rd of the map allows to easily evade and loot stuff. And if you have mind lash or stunning force...
-EDIT-
I believe I sohuld add that it's absolutely not easy to survive like that, unless you get really, really lucky, and it's an absolutely best, most satisfying reward for surviving like this.
(please dont nerf stuff)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:22:20 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2010, 04:38:05 am »

Tehehe, I've got a single rocket and a bunch of missile launchers. Who or what should I overkill with it?

Tarran. Tarran, breathren. You know what must be done.

Find a rustacean.

Take pictures of its rockety demise.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2010, 04:48:56 am »

Tarran. Tarran, breathren. You know what must be done.

Find a rustacean.

Take pictures of its rockety demise.
Got it. Going to find and blast up a rustacean as soon as I'm done with the More Than Willing Spirit quest.

Also, I doubt I'll be able to take pictures in time while it's blowing up. Sorry. I will, however, take pictures of it staring down the missile launcher in it's last minutes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2010, 04:57:46 am »

Ah, the More Than Willing Spirit one isn't that bad. Can't remember the worst of things there (probably sunder mind buggers, maybe quillipedes), but a level or two after the hostile waydroids, you start running back into friendly ones, making the remainder of the quest a breeze.

Now, the quest after that, to B.Susa? That one is hell. Confusion (ragehatekill) and fire, everywhere. Expect to be confused at least once a level, and probably set of fire 3-4 times per level at minimum. Fortunately, almost (almost) everything that doesn't set you on fire or confuse you is fairly easy to take down (at least until the king crabs, oi.). Except maybe twining leeches. They're not very dangerous, but they're a massive pain to kill. I recommend bringing a flamethrower, if you can find one. Oh, and the worms that explode into acid gas when you kill them. And the flies, actually, they're pretty dangerous.

Um. Yeah. I have to admit, CoQ has the whole post-apocalyptic 'everything will kill me' feel down pretty well. It's nice.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:01:49 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2010, 05:00:56 am »

I have a flamethrower now in Joppa, is there a place to purchase oil later on in the game?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2010, 05:08:34 am »

I haven't found any, yet. If you find a second flamethrower, you can empty it into the other one the same way you pour waterskins into each other, via the fill command. Just be careful not to empty out the receiving flamer.

That said, both the glowpod merchant, the grit gate merchant, and the jungle village merchant I've seen carrying flamethrowers, so there's always an option there if you can drum up the juke to trade in for it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2010, 05:14:47 am »

You can also find oil containers sometimes if I remember correctly.

Also, about the rustacean-blowing-up-with-a-missile; I found one in Golgotha but I don't have a missile launcher. Darn, looks like I should've brought a missile launcher.

EDIT: RAREGFFHHFF, HE CRACKED MY ARMOR. THAT ASSHOLE. I AM SO GOING TO ENJOY BLOWING UP A RUSTACEAN WHEN I GET THE CHANCE. Oh well, at least I've got a waydroid now.

Edit2: Are... Are they really going to make me finish the "Decoding the Signal" quest before I can speak to barathrum? Assholes. Oh well, off to blasting a rustacean.

Edit3: Also, is it me or do bucklers don't give AV bonuses but do give DV penalties and shield effects when equipped on your arm? And is that a bug?

Edit4: Argvye had solar cell and chaingun data disks for sale. Woo! And even better; instead of learning how to build a chaingun, I learned how to build a sturdy chaingun. Alright, now I'm really going to go off and blast a rustacean. No more slacking.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:31:59 am by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 250