Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569745 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #210 on: December 22, 2010, 11:31:31 am »

Anyone take the advanced butcher or harvester skills? Has it come in use or is it better to spend those on weapon skills?
Not sure about butchering, but harvesting can be a life saver. You can completely void your need to carry water by harvesting vinewaffers, better yet, they weight 0lbs. I haven't tried harvesting anything else, but that alone is worth the skill points.

On other news:

Self-entitled Emperor Palpatine had a first encounter with what I can only describe as a Dune Sandworm. In a moment of despair, realizing his persuasion skills wouldn't work on such wild beast, he activated his personal shield. The thing was so ginormous it started banging against the shield. Nothing had ever done that before. That made me realize they might be indeed dune sandworms, since those are said to really really hate shields and go after them.

Palpatine tried everything, from throwing grenades and shooting at the damn thing with his desert rifle. Nothing could even scratch it. So he did what any sane person would do. Injected a speed booster and ran like crazy before going back into the world map.

Edit:Just testing butchering... Wow... It -is- worth it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:08:28 pm by Soulwynd »

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2010, 12:11:06 pm »

Care to explain it more to the rest of us?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2010, 12:16:46 pm »

You loot valuable stuff from animals. Like pelts. Not to mention raw meat and similar items you can eat on the road without carrying much weight if compared with the corpses.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2010, 12:42:22 pm »

You loot valuable stuff from animals. Like pelts. Not to mention raw meat and similar items you can eat on the road without carrying much weight if compared with the corpses.

When does this happen? I got butchering and only very rarely see cool things like pelts and raw meat. Is it something that happens when you kill the animals at random?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2010, 12:47:03 pm »

Yup. Pay attention to the log. It doesn't drop to the floor or anything, it goes directly into your inventory. It will show you getting meat, pelts, etc right after you kill the creature.

Meanwhile... Palpatine found a strange artifact. With further investigation, it revealed it was a bunch of tubes... So he kept the examination, afraid of breaking such artifact. He found out he could put bullets in the thing... Lots of then... He now possess a chaingun.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 01:50:19 pm by Soulwynd »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2010, 01:15:51 pm »

Started a new game as chimera. Got electrical generation, quills, photosynthesis, freezing hands and amnesia.

First encounter, crocodile, first combat turn, crocodile impales itself on my spikes and dies instantly. I didnt even see him.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 01:23:08 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2010, 01:27:14 pm »

Stupid question... How do you open those massive doors at the grit gate? I need to find this quest npc.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2010, 01:45:29 pm »

I finally fixed the 'items randomy unidentifying' bug, it's been bugging me for months.

*NOTE: This build will invalidate saved games
*Fix for items 'randomly' unidentifying
*Light sources no longer work from the thrown weapon slot
*Loot table changes
*A few quest items are now more durable

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2010, 01:49:36 pm »

I finally fixed the 'items randomy unidentifying' bug, it's been bugging me for months.

*Loot table changes

Unormal, this question has been asked before and I didn't see the answer. Are these builds that you post the ones on the website available to freely download? Or is there somewhere specific to get them?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2010, 01:50:41 pm »

*Loot table changes

Unormal, this question has been asked before and I didn't see the answer. Are these builds that you post the ones on the website available to freely download? Or is there somewhere specific to get them?

I update the primary exe and zip links whenever I post to my "builds" thread. Just download from the same link you originally downloaded from, it's always my latest build.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2010, 01:53:10 pm »

*Loot table changes

I update the primary exe and zip links whenever I post to my "builds" thread. Just download from the same link you originally downloaded from, it's always my latest build.

Oh, awesome. Thanks a ton for putting these up for free. I hope that you're making some sort of money off of people who register. It's totally worth it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2010, 03:54:16 pm »

THANK GOODNESS. That bug was really annoying. Thank you.

...Aww, my guy with the 4d6 battle axe was still alive. Oh well.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 22, 2010, 04:52:03 pm »

Level 4 true man, priest of all suns, cornered by a salthopper (nasty things, them) and a two-headed boar. Down to 4hp, throw a thermal grenade at the salthopper and run, down to 2hp, pour my water over myself (the thermal grenade caught me) - unfortunately decide to use a full waterskin instead of the one with 2 drams in, now not burning and running (well, walking) away from danger. They all burn to death, and I have won! go up a level, great! Go back to town, decide to try and rob the elders chest and get hammered by the town warden. Oops.

So I roll a new esper, some nice looking abilities and good ability scores, but spontaneous combustion(d). I burn. I decide I can't go any further than about 6 steps away from a water pool, lest I never recover. I burn. I die.

Any ideas about how to play a character with spontaneous combustion? Is it a joke?

Anyway, on to the new version. This is fun, has a great feeling to it.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2010, 05:02:19 pm »

You can hit Num 5 to pass a turn and beat at the flames. They usually go out in two, three turns. Spontaneous combustion isn't all that bad once you know that.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 22, 2010, 05:21:55 pm »

Hey thanks, yeah that sounds a bit more reasonable!

Anybody else have some weirdness with levelling up mutations?

Two characters ago, upon going to level 2, all my mutations became level 2.

Last character, try and level up Teleport Other (at level 3), use up a mutation point, but I don't get the extra level? Am I overlooking a feature, or (as I suspect) does this belong in the 'bug' section?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 250