Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569701 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2010, 08:23:32 pm »

Yeah he just restocked for me and has more cool items..
http://i.imgur.com/JVhWO.jpg

I encountered him two screens east of Joppa.  Now I'm going to update and pray that I find him again.. He reminds me of Gheed from Diablo 2.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2010, 08:35:19 pm »

Wow, floating glowsphere, I want... Sad thing is.. Palpatine has enough, in water, to buy it. But can't really carry it. :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2010, 08:45:38 pm »

I'm posting in this thread to whine about WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE. I love all of you for keeping this topic alive which allows me to see it. Roguelike SLASH physics simulation and not even DF? I don't even care if it has any content or not!

Looks really complex. Thanks, guys.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2010, 08:47:35 pm »

Yeah glow spheres are awesome.  I've figured out a nice strategy, I like to carry two, and I throw one into whatever rooms I'm about to go in.  This lights up the room and frees my hand to use a shield with.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2010, 09:11:31 pm »

Unormal, minor bug; after I found the strange glowpad, I automatically knew his position on a different game.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2010, 09:15:29 pm »

There's a thread for this on B12, and the creator of the game already follows it?  ...are we THAT well-known?

Let's see, this thread was created on the day the SA thread was created, and Unormal found this one only about a day after that?  That's pretty quick.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2010, 09:20:58 pm »

If you search the game on google, this thread actually comes up before the official site, as does the SA thread :P So it's not so strange. He did (If I recall correctly) say he was already a DF fan as well as a goon

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2010, 09:46:41 pm »

OK, I downloaded the game again from the website, setup.exe
Is that the most recent version? You said Praetorians don't get aim or charge, but at the character select screen it says they do start with it.  Is there some special place to get these little mini-updated versions?

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS!  It's reflected in the game, you just haven't updated the character select screen to reflect those changes.  Sorry for bothering you.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:48:55 pm by Tnx »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2010, 10:09:52 pm »

Unormal, steam does 50 damage. I thought you lowered that damage, not increased it(from about 25 damage if I remember correctly).
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2010, 11:24:12 pm »

There's a thread for this on B12, and the creator of the game already follows it?  ...are we THAT well-known?

Let's see, this thread was created on the day the SA thread was created, and Unormal found this one only about a day after that?  That's pretty quick.
It's really not hard to track where your traffic is coming from, and I assume he monitors that and saw a large increase in referral traffic from bay12

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 21, 2010, 11:29:07 pm »

Relevant. Oh so relevant and full of Lulz

Quote from: Laser Pistol Description
The pistol is engraved with watervine hemp and encircled in saltstone. On the rifle is an image of a wastelanter and a knight in saltstone. The knight is striking down the wastelander.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2010, 11:31:40 pm »

Needs to menace with spikes of shale. Win.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 21, 2010, 11:40:45 pm »

As a fair warning to folks that found the glowpad merchant*... don't try to waylay 'im. Not only can the bugger move, he's probably wearing plate mail and a better weapon than you. To top it all off... he's got like 5000 hp. You're not going to kill him.

One of the various true-human critters either starts or can start with an item that gives you detailed HP info on what you're attacking, which is really nice. Turns out the reason glowpads are surprisingly dangerous is that they've got more HP than a salthopper :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Zone cache is now compresed, added an option to disable compression if you'd rather trade disk space for CPU

Thank you, oh gods, thank you. I only had 2 gigs of free space before I started playing with CoQ, and its eaten like half of that already.

As a last note, freaking confusion, good gods. CoQ has the most absolutely vicious confusion effect I've ever seen. The fact that the confusing dudes apparently show up around the time the trolls with flaming hands mutation does, makes things exponentially worse. My current true human got down to two hp (and surrounded by leeches, oi.) due to those buggers. Telling how powerful non-mutants are that th'fellow survived...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 22, 2010, 12:02:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not true, just for testing I started a new dude and the glowpad merchant was two squares away.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2010, 12:28:48 am »

Guess it's just the surrounding swampland, then... he's usually pretty close, anyway. I haven't noticed 'im more than a zone away from the square entrance points either, so it's only, uh, somewhat over 70-something possible zones to search :P

Has anyone figured out what a nullray pistol does, besides eat through a chem cell in two shots and refuse to be identified through examination?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 250