Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569715 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2010, 02:30:28 am »

How do you butcher a corpse? I have the butcher skill but see no option to use it.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2010, 02:36:07 am »

You've gotta use -opengl as well to use -filter.  It makes the game look better imo and I used to get headaches but not anymore (might just be my diet but who knows).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2010, 02:36:36 am »

How do you butcher a corpse? I have the butcher skill but see no option to use it.

It's automatic on kill, i.e. a passive ability.

Don't take the second level unless you've got plenty of strength, as it will fill up your inventory with 50x stacks of raw boar meat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2010, 02:37:27 am »

You've gotta use -opengl as well to use -filter.  It makes the game look better imo and I used to get headaches but not anymore (might just be my diet but who knows).

Does nothing

Is there a  specific way to enable it? I just make a shortcut of XRL.exe and then add -opengl -filtered at the end.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:39:27 am by OzyTheSage »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2010, 02:38:48 am »

Did you do -opengl first then -filter? It works for me.  Makes everything MUCH smoother, I hated the blockiness and this fixed it.  Make sure you are running it with administrator privileges.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2010, 02:41:39 am »

Figured it out. they say to use 'filtered' but it's actually 'filter'

=/

at least I thought they said it was 'filtered'

The font is hideous: Try the OpenGL Filtered shortcut. (or add -filtered to the arguments of a shortcut to xrl.exe)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2010, 02:44:20 am »

It's automatic on kill, i.e. a passive ability.

Don't take the second level unless you've got plenty of strength, as it will fill up your inventory with 50x stacks of raw boar meat.
Ahh thanks.

Also, if you do manage to kill a croc, it is worth dragging the corpse back. I got 200 drams for it. !!

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2010, 02:47:58 am »

Yeah crocs are great for buying out merchants..  So does anyone know how to UNRUST an item? my solar cell got rusted when I played in the salty water too much :(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2010, 02:49:22 am »

On a trade screen, move the little arrow-cursor thing to the rusted item in question, then hit r.

You can also do i to identify stuff, and I think c for something else I've forgotten. Most of it costs like a single dram of water.

I can only guess the tinker skill repair or the fix-it-all cans can do something along the same lines, but I've not yet tried either. 1 dram of water is considerably more cost efficient than upwards 200 skill xp or a rare, fairly expensive, item. Especially considering certain builds (burgeoning farmers :P) have access to infinite tradegoods, if they somehow exhaust the entire bleeding world of things they can hawk.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:56:39 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2010, 03:05:17 am »

Unormal, if you have recieved a PM from me please let me know, my proxy server is currently backfiring. If you have not, I sent you a proposal of sorts, please send me an email if interested.

Thanks

-Alex

P.s

Best holiday wishes to everyone on the forum
Poysky Productions

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2010, 07:54:46 am »

So, wondering what the blue money is. So far I can only pay with water, not with the other stuff :P
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2010, 08:04:35 am »

I've found its easier to exchange water for the various copper/silver/gold nuggets after a certain point. Water is heavy!

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2010, 10:24:33 am »

This looks great, and I'm looking forward to getting some time to download and play it.

In the meantime, I'll post here so don't forget about it, and see how you lot are getting on ... as you were ...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2010, 12:27:38 pm »

Unormal, tinkering is impossible for me. Whenever I pick a tinker level the game gets stuck in the popup telling me about what recipes I discovered. No matter what I do, it does not leave the popup.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2010, 12:28:48 pm »

Unormal, tinkering is impossible for me. Whenever I pick a tinker level the game gets stuck in the popup telling me about what recipes I discovered. No matter what I do, it does not leave the popup.

You have to choose one of those, hit a number, 1 2 or 3.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 250