Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569630 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2010, 04:13:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Goddamn you, RNG. God damn you.
Then again...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 04:15:25 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2010, 04:48:03 am »

So I went to the ruin directly east of the starting town.  Hard enemies but I managed to get out of it.  I got a carbide longsword, Issachari Banner, slender steel plate, and lots of grenades.  That stuff is probably chump change to you guys but it makes me happy!  Thanks for the tip on the ruins guys.

EDIT: Did quest line to get the Joppa Recoiler, acts like a town portal.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:07:39 am by Tnx »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2010, 05:07:01 am »

Has anyone found a datadisk yet? I cant get my hands on one, even after hours of playing this little gem.
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2010, 05:09:05 am »

AARGHGJGHFHFGGFFJG. QUILLIPEDS! You're impossible to beat in melee but I ran out of freaking ammo for my guns. And I had a freaking(broken, though I could've bought a fixing spray from the trader) chaingun AGAIN.

Sigh, another enemy that ruins my good runs.

Has anyone found a datadisk yet? I cant get my hands on one, even after hours of playing this little gem.
You mean the one that gives information allowing you to build something as a tinker? If so, yes, I did once. But haven't since.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2010, 05:10:16 am »

You can buy data disks off of Argyve for 107.  I just got that quest line too.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2010, 05:39:23 am »

Huh, the ruin generation seems to be random. I searched a large part of the swamp—committing mass genocide against Glow pads, fish, and crocs as I went bumping my praetorian to level 6—and found nothing. However, I found the ruins completely by accident north of the town between red rock and the town in one of the squares. Let's see what kind of loot I can get without dying.

Also, I think I've figured out how many screens are in a world map's tile; 9. Each world tile is a 3x3 screen's worth of area.

EDIT:OH GOD FIRE ANTS WHAT THE HELL?!

Edit2: Oh god fireantdeathflame. Ouch, that hurt.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:41:24 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2010, 05:43:27 am »

Fire ants is the only way my 2-3 hours++ characters eve die. You can extinguish your ass with a chill only oh so often.
-fakeedit-
Oh my god floating glowsphere
-fakeedit2-
Anyone knows how to disable forcefields? I cant penetrate them, so destroying not an option, electric discharges dont, and I just ran out of ideas.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2010, 05:46:48 am »

Fire ants is the only way my 2-3 hours++ characters eve die. You can extinguish your ass with a chill only oh so often.
You can also used stocked up water.

-fakeedit-
Oh my god floating glowsphere
Man, you are lucky, that's just what my Praetorians need. Too bad it's likely way too far into the game for my guy.

-fakeedit2-
Anyone knows how to disable forcefields? I cant penetrate them, so destroying not an option, electric discharges dont, and I just ran out of ideas.
I would answer, but I never got that far due to horrible monsters murdering me non-stop.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2010, 06:09:56 am »

So I attacked and killed one of those neutral E guys, and then all the ones in the level are chasing me.. and chasing... there's about 5 of them on my tail.. My guy is kinda too slow to kite, I take hits if I try to go diagonal.  I'm savescumming this one because I think I'm screwed.  Any ideas on how to handle this?

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2010, 07:39:54 am »

So I got it to work, and it's pretty awesome!

I raided the houses and just stole anything that was useful, then went and killed the zealot guy, but no-one got pissed at me :P

Am I the only one who likes to play true human tinkerer?
I love being able to create my own stuff and actually knowing what these artifacts are is really useful
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2010, 07:47:11 am »

For people getting headaches trying to spot enemies on the screen: just hold the alt key for a second. All creatures nearby will be marked green, makes it much easier to find your targets.

For people trying to get the elder out of his house in town: just lead an enemy back to town and he will come out of his house to attack and kill it. I discovered this by accident when running from two tortoises in the beginning of the game.

How do you get new skills in this game, or is it not possible? I'd like to get the tinkering skill. I'm currently doing the quest for the tinker in the town, will that do it?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2010, 07:50:42 am »

For people getting headaches trying to spot enemies on the screen: just hold the alt key for a second. All creatures nearby will be marked green, makes it much easier to find your targets.

For people trying to get the elder out of his house in town: just lead an enemy back to town and he will come out of his house to attack and kill it. I discovered this by accident when running from two tortoises in the beginning of the game.

How do you get new skills in this game, or is it not possible? I'd like to get the tinkering skill. I'm currently doing the quest for the tinker in the town, will that do it?
Go to the skills screen, you can buy them there.

Anyway, a mutation point got eaten again, with stunning force. Can I really upgrade only my flaming hands and triple joints?

EDIT: Hahaha, I tried to burn down a wall and ended up setting the whole cave level on fire and now theres so much smoke I cant see the exit.
EDIT2:My save is now 400mb.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:05:36 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2010, 08:21:05 am »

I just found and killed my first named creature: Scurdoubuugoow, the fleet-footed Snapjaw Gutspiller.  Whose guts are spilled now, Scurdoubuugoow? >P

Honestly this game is just about everything I've ever wanted DF Adventure mode to be.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2010, 08:34:06 am »

The game broke now.
Apparently my level 11 save is now busted. Dont think Im gonna play another game of this until the next version.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2010, 08:45:55 am »

Urgh...
Any idea on how to pick up items if they're on the same square as a chest? I was carrying too much so I couldn't move, and had to drop them there :(

Edit:
Aaaaannnd I just died. Was going to red rock and there were some ruins, so I checked them out, and got killed TWICE over, first from a something mortar, and a second time (at the same time) by an explosion :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:50:24 am by Singularity-SRX »
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 250