Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569724 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #930 on: March 16, 2011, 10:19:19 pm »

Would anyone else know if there's another merchant that sells data disks and parts? I've been looking for Nanoparts or whatever they're called to build my laser rifle forever. Even murdering a whole caravan couldn't get me some!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23:20 pm »

Would anyone else know if there's another merchant that sells data disks and parts? I've been looking for Nanoparts or whatever they're called to build my laser rifle forever. Even murdering a whole caravan couldn't get me some!
Besides Argyve in Joppa, there's two in the Grit Gates; one left of the GG's merchant, behind the doors, the other north east of the other behind two doors. You'll have to finish a Grit Gate quest for the doors to one of them to open, though. Not sure about the other one since I haven't gotten that far yet. Also, you can push the doors away with force bubbles or destroy them with acid if you don't want to do that (those?) quest(s?).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:32:40 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 16, 2011, 10:29:55 pm »

Acid. Got it. Lets hope this doesn't fail and I need to get all Murdery again.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 17, 2011, 01:33:52 am »

Sorry to doublepost... But I think my save corrupted... Dammit. Does anyone know if it's possible to fix them?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 17, 2011, 03:31:10 pm »

A bug report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pgnl3cnPqA&feature=feedu
33:50 Being killed by a fire ant is registered as "from a fire started by %O".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 17, 2011, 04:10:52 pm »

Just started playing this a few days ago due to Jef Major's LP of it. Really enjoying it, but man...it's tough. Haven't gotten a single character past the Grit Gate yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 17, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »

There's a grit gate?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 17, 2011, 04:15:36 pm »

There's a grit gate?
Way northeast of Joppa, a little more northeast of the arc thing. East of the flower fields, in the ruins.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 17, 2011, 04:50:14 pm »

Just started playing this a few days ago due to Jef Major's LP of it. Really enjoying it, but man...it's tough. Haven't gotten a single character past the Grit Gate yet.
It's not hard once you know what to do. And start with a minimum of 20 toughness :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 17, 2011, 04:51:29 pm »

Have you tiled this one yet Deon? :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 17, 2011, 04:51:37 pm »

Heh. Every time I get a good character going something random and brutal kills them. Typical Rougelike. But I'm getting better.

Currently having fun with a new Mutant who focuses on converting enemies to his side. I let them take all the hits. :P
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 17, 2011, 04:52:46 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 17, 2011, 05:00:50 pm »

I don't think tile support exists yet, guys. Let me find the quote...

Ah, here:
unormal, are there any plans for the future to introduce tileset(s)? I hate to open an old can of worms here.. but it's just something that has been on my mind.

Not anytime in the immediate future. We'll probably get to a 1.0 before we do graphics, so it'll be awhile. Not before next year, probably.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 17, 2011, 05:04:26 pm »

You type that like it could actually stop Deon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 17, 2011, 05:08:13 pm »

You type that like it could actually stop Deon.
You can't tileset something that doesn't have tileset support, you know. Well, even if you could, everything would not work right. At all.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 250