Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569495 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #690 on: January 18, 2011, 11:59:42 pm »

Having a high ego lowers the amounts that merchants will charge you for things and raises the price that they will pay for your things. The amount that the price was adjusted by was majorly decreased in the latest update. The problem, for me at least, is that I'm playing a high ego esper with tinkering. Now I cant afford to pay for those data disks, which makes things even more difficult for me.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 19, 2011, 12:12:14 pm »

Couple minor things:

*Fix for butchery not butchering items correctly
*Slightly increased the effect ego has on the trade multiplier

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #692 on: January 19, 2011, 01:01:45 pm »

Yay! thank you.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 19, 2011, 01:43:59 pm »

Just wondering, how bad are the Brittle Bones and the Hooks for Feet defects? Not really patient enough to try them.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 19, 2011, 01:44:41 pm »

Yay! thank you.

It's still alot more brutal that in has been since open beta started. This was much more like earlier versions of the economy, and shortly before open beta we switched to a much more lenient economy to test it out. It ended up being way too easy to buy everything imo; this may yet be too restrictive, but it's likely never to go back to quiet as easy-money as it used to be.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 19, 2011, 01:49:42 pm »

this may yet be too restrictive, but it's likely never to go back to quiet as easy-money as it used to be.
Yeah, no kidding! Just checked the price on Data disks and, wow, nearly 300 drams. Not impossible to get, just needs a LOT more grinding than before the increase.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 19, 2011, 01:53:29 pm »

Hooks for feet means you cannot wear shoes. Not sure if there are movement penalties, but I could try some time.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 19, 2011, 02:03:40 pm »

this may yet be too restrictive, but it's likely never to go back to quiet as easy-money as it used to be.
Yeah, no kidding! Just checked the price on Data disks and, wow, nearly 300 drams. Not impossible to get, just needs a LOT more grinding than before the increase.

I'm much more open to the consideration of dropping the price on some key items like Data Disks, since they're pretty central to an entire play style, than the prices overall. Really we probably need to add another avenue for aquring Data Disks rather than just vendor purchase, like reverse engineering disassembled items or whatnot.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #698 on: January 19, 2011, 02:04:43 pm »

those two defects are not to bad. I've been using hooks for feet for a while now.

in regards to data disks, maybe you should make the different tiers cost different amounts? it seems kinda strange that a disk for a sphere of negative weight should cost the same amount as a disk for a mark one HE grenade.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 19, 2011, 02:10:27 pm »

I'm much more open to the consideration of dropping the price on some key items like Data Disks, since they're pretty central to an entire play style, than the prices overall. Really we probably need to add another avenue for aquring Data Disks rather than just vendor purchase, like reverse engineering disassembled items or whatnot.
Yeah, like a 5% or so chance(or go by levels, 20% for level 1, 10% for level 2, and 5% for level 3) to figure out the recipe from disassembling along with a 10% chance to rebuild the item regardless of whether or not you get the recipe.

And there could also be special kinds of chests or lockers; CD cases, which can contain 1-4 CDs. That would also work.

Also, this too:
in regards to data disks, maybe you should make the different tiers cost different amounts? it seems kinda strange that a disk for a sphere of negative weight should cost the same amount as a disk for a mark one HE grenade.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 19, 2011, 02:16:07 pm »

Disks should be proportional to the item's cost. Perhaps 5-10x the price of the base item?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 19, 2011, 02:26:09 pm »

Hooks for feet means you cannot wear shoes. Not sure if there are movement penalties, but I could try some time.
Turns out, there is a penalty; 10 MS. Which, in the early game, is a killer if you don't have Force Bubble or Domination.

Also, holy crap, I just noticed, the selling prices for shops compared to the buying prices are utter rip-offs! Let me compare:
14.29 drams for buying a bronze dagger...
1.7 something drams for selling a bronze dagger.

I don't even know if I should even buy anything from them anymore. Heck, even selling things doesn't even seem to be worth it anymore.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #702 on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:48 pm »

Disks should be proportional to the item's cost. Perhaps 5-10x the price of the base item?

Neh. This would make some of the disks pretty expensive. Like in the 1000's range.

Tarran: you're playing a low ego character, right.? I'ts not so bad if you're playing a high ego character. It's still pretty killer, though, especially in the early game.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 19, 2011, 02:35:21 pm »

Tarran: you're playing a low ego character, right.? I'ts not so bad if you're playing a high ego character. It's still pretty killer, though, especially in the early game.
No, I'm playing a baseline ego char, which is crazy for those prices.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 19, 2011, 03:32:33 pm »

Neh. This would make some of the disks pretty expensive. Like in the 1000's range.
And they should be... It was stupid to have extreme things like launchers and mega powerful weapons for 200 drams.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 250