Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569725 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #555 on: January 07, 2011, 06:40:29 pm »

Ow... This patch makes a lot of things harder....

Drillbots are already a pain and will be even more now. :V

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 07, 2011, 06:41:53 pm »

Ow... This patch makes a lot of things harder....

Drillbots are already a pain and will be even more now. :V

On the plus side monsters won't vaporize you from across the dungeon through solid walls! Win some, lose some ;)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 07, 2011, 06:42:19 pm »

*Point-buy for attributes
Yay, finally! It was so annoying rolling again and again for a half-way decent starting attribute set.

*Tier 1+ scrap is now somewhat more common
That's good, since it was quite rare to find even one scrap of tier 2 or so scraps even in Grit Gate+ difficulty areas.

*Robots will now ocassionally drop scrap when killed, and the Scavenger power now functions as intented
Good, I was thinking that robots were kinda lacking drops despite being high-tech... Well... Robots.

*Monster buffs: Drillbot drills have a higher penetration bonus,
Oh god. As if their high HP and their ability to dig through walls wasn't enough. D:

Agolot Cultists have more HP
Good, they were quite weak.

*Monsters will swap positions with each-other much less often
Good, I found it strange when monsters would just stop at the start of a corridor constantly switching places.

*Slumberlings and Great Saltbacks now have the proper natural weapons
So now sluberlings will actually pose a threat? Good, I found them way too easy for "Impossible" difficulty.

*Increased the base cost for repairing an item at a merchant
Aw, I guess 1 dram repairs are done then eh? Well, the discount was good while it lasted.

*Increased the cost to identify unknown items at a merchant
I can't say I dislike this since items were already way too cheap to identify.

*Monsters below the player's tier grant reduced XP
I guess that's it for grinding low-level monsters eh?

Anyway, great update.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 07, 2011, 06:46:24 pm »

Oh, I noticed you forgot to add the option to make the stair colors always bright. (Or perhaps a more noticeable color)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 07, 2011, 06:47:19 pm »

Oh, I noticed you forgot to add the option to make the stair colors always bright. (Or perhaps a more noticeable color)

Yeah, wasn't in this rollup, I'll add it soon.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 07, 2011, 06:52:24 pm »

Thanks. I have another suggestion that might be good:

Saving starting sets. Like saving the character attributes/mutations/calling so people can quickly jump into a character type they like when restarting.

Edit: Another suggestion:

An "Eat until full" option when selecting some food stack in your inventory.

Edit2: Bug:
When you pick sleep gas & corrosive gas, you only get one of the powers. (At least I think that just happened to me)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:02:49 pm by Soulwynd »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 07, 2011, 07:28:14 pm »

Unormal, may I suggest some more defects? Because the defects seem a bit neglected to me.

Spoiler: Physical defects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mental defects (click to show/hide)

What do you think?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 07, 2011, 07:33:35 pm »

Unormal, may I suggest some more defects? Because the defects seem a bit neglected to me.
[/spoiler]
What do you think?

Thanks for the suggestions!

We've got quite a few on our list of to-dos; like most things in the game it's mostly just about time spent implementing than a lack of planned items :)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 07, 2011, 07:46:29 pm »

Wow this game feels extremely nice. I'm not a big ASCII fan, and I can't get into most roguelikes without graphic tiles, but I had no trouble with this one. Very nice!

I have a question though, is there a way to insert items into chests? I couldn't find anything when I searched the thread.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 07, 2011, 07:49:32 pm »

I have a question though, is there a way to insert items into chests? I couldn't find anything when I searched the thread.
Don't think so. But why would you want to anyway? It's not like laying things on the ground will do any harm, since things don't get picked up by monsters and levels don't clear out. The only danger is acid and fire monsters, but they would be dangerous anyway since chests can be destroyed by them too.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 07, 2011, 07:53:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:54:54 pm by Soulwynd »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 07, 2011, 07:54:22 pm »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 07, 2011, 07:55:17 pm »

................lol?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 07, 2011, 07:58:05 pm »

Yup... Now there are two 28 ego espers running around the world... working together... Blasting everything to pieces.

I have a huge doubt, sadly. I don't know if I should teleport back to Joppa with him. I don't know if he will attack the neutrals there and piss them off.

Bug while going down a random stairs in the overworld:
FreezeZoneThread:System.Exception: Exception serializing part Mutations : System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XRL.World.Parts.Mutations.SaveData(SerializationWriter Writer) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\Parts\Mutations\World.Parts.Mutations.cs:line 46
   at XRL.World.IPart.Save(SerializationWriter Writer) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\Parts\World.Part.cs:line 74
   at XRL.World.GameObject.Save(SerializationWriter Writer) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\World.GameObject.cs:line 256 :  ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XRL.World.Parts.Mutations.SaveData(SerializationWriter Writer) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\Parts\Mutations\World.Parts.Mutations.cs:line 46
   at XRL.World.IPart.Save(SerializationWriter Writer) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\Parts\World.Part.cs:line 74
   at XRL.World.GameObject.Save(SerializationWriter Writer) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\World.GameObject.cs:line 256
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at XRL.World.GameObject.Save(SerializationWriter Writer) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\World.GameObject.cs:line 320
   at XRL.World.SerializationWriter.WriteGameObjects() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Serialization\FastSerializer.cs:line 2128
   at XRL.World.ZoneManager.FreezeZoneThread(Object oZ) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Zones\World.ZoneManager.cs:line 380

And was spammed with this after loading the save gave:

RunSegment:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XRL.World.Parts.Mutations.HasMutation(String MutationName) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\Parts\Mutations\World.Parts.Mutations.cs:line 106
   at XRL.World.Parts.Stomach.FireEvent(Event E) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\Parts\World.Parts.Stomach.cs:line 163
   at XRL.World.GameObject.FireEvent(Event E) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\World\Game Objects\World.GameObject.cs:line 1083
   at XRL.Core.ActionManager.RunSegment() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.ActionManager.cs:line 128
Actually, it spams me with that bug whenever I move.

Savefile, if you want to take a look:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15858563/ecf34479-7a5f-428b-ab08-248e1f0eca4c.7z
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:25:34 pm by Soulwynd »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 07, 2011, 11:59:25 pm »

That bug's spam messages are EXACTLY the same as mine when my games bugged out along with Evil Twins. I'm 99% sure it's from the Evil Twin defect. I recommend no one uses the Evil Twin defect until it's fixed.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:01:01 am by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 250