Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569782 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #510 on: January 03, 2011, 11:17:47 pm »

Got my ammo woes sort of sorted. Figured out that the tinkerer also sells stuff and that both shops restock.

Levelled up a few times, finished the wire quest and was sent out to grit gate. I had a teleporter I bought from the glowpad, so I used that. After getting the quest there, I went to return but accidentally disassembled my Joppa teleporter instead of using it. Horrible death ensued. Oops.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 04, 2011, 09:12:08 am »

Anyways, I did in fact die, killed by an albino ape. For a roguelike, it's surprisingly intuitive and easy to pick up. Navigation is simple, keybindings are all to predictable keys (and you can set them yourself!),
Quote from: me
Oh look, I think this guy is the leader of my tribe thing, that guy said that keybindings are predictable.. *presses T, moves square to npc and presses enter* OH GOD EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE I'M SORRY I WAS JUST TRYI-

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 04, 2011, 09:39:42 am »

I just pyrokines'd grit gate fulcrete walls. They burned. Then the whole level started to burn. Did you know you can set forcefields on fire? I didnt. You can. They burn and disappear.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 04, 2011, 11:34:05 am »

A small suggestion:

How about an option to use a point-buy system for stats instead of randomly rolling them? After the 9000th character, rolling for what you want gets a bit annoying.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:04 pm »

The tech guy in the starting village was killed by a zealot in my game. That has never happened before. I'm not sure if it was supposed to happen either. I didn't get to finish his quests.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 04, 2011, 12:07:52 pm »

Just tried this, it's pretty awesome. I like how it doesn't conform to your usual roguelike things such as warrior/rogue/mage classes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 04, 2011, 05:42:56 pm »

Unormal, I don't think you fully fixed the shopkeepers selling body parts(though I think you might've fixed them selling their own body parts) because the Glowpad merchant in my game is selling salthopper mandibles.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 04, 2011, 05:54:01 pm »

Unormal, I don't think you fully fixed the shopkeepers selling body parts(though I think you might've fixed them selling their own body parts) because the Glowpad merchant in my game is selling salthopper mandibles.

Those are legit.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 04, 2011, 06:26:11 pm »

You can also get the body parts from chopping them off npcs with your axe. One of my late characters had a collection of natural weapons in his bedroom.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #519 on: January 04, 2011, 06:26:43 pm »

Yeah I think the bug was them selling their OWN body parts no? Like selling your own arm.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 06, 2011, 05:04:48 am »

Hey guys, um... anyone have the Glowpad merchant be hostile upon discovery? This is the second time I've found him and he's been hostile towards me. I'd kinda like to browse his wares... or at least I'd settle for not dying.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 06, 2011, 06:22:21 am »

It'll be hostile if it's seen you fighting other glowpads.  So...  be careful about that, if you're looking for said merchant.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 06, 2011, 06:42:58 am »

Must have bumped into a glowpad while looking for him. Ah well. Thanks for the info!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 06, 2011, 01:40:32 pm »

Is there some alternative to torches? I started up a melee character and I either have to sacrifice my shield of sword to be able to see anything, almost anywhere.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 06, 2011, 01:44:27 pm »

If you play a mutant you can have either extra arms or light mutation.
There's also the lanterned helm, which is a leather helmet with a torch in it.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 250