Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569838 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #450 on: December 30, 2010, 10:38:06 pm »

I have a question. In the debug options, what spcifically are the incomplete/unimplemented features mentioned? (I'm playing an older version, the second release I believe)
*Hugs*

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 30, 2010, 10:48:18 pm »

I have a question. In the debug options, what spcifically are the incomplete/unimplemented features mentioned? (I'm playing an older version, the second release I believe)

Depends on the version, mostly mutations/items/monsters that don't really work fully yet.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 30, 2010, 10:48:57 pm »

Thanks, Just curious.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 30, 2010, 10:51:49 pm »

E-mail me the saved game. Sure it's not from an older version?
The game was from an older version; 1.0.4015.37529. But it was fine when I first tried it and then some for quite a while.

Spoiler: Save game (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 31, 2010, 05:54:12 am »

Firstly I'd just like to say, awesome game man!

I'm on my third charater, lost one to crocs and one to crocs and one to salthoppers.

My current character, a vinefarmer, has carapace, thick fur, kindle, night vision, unstable genome and toast and the defect spontanous combustion. Burning my enemies is fun!

Also, question, how do you use unstable genome to manifest powers or whatever? And could you make that we get credit for killing creatures if they were killed by steam caused by us? Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:57:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2010, 09:02:26 am »

It takes a while to settle in. Basically the short version how i understood is that if you buy unstable genome, you may get 1 randrom mutation for each time you bought it.

Normal mutant:
level up 4x times, get 4 mutation points and Buy a new mutation

Unstable genome + mutant
Have 33% chance to use up one of your unstable genomes and get a random mutation for "free" (though it cost you 3 mutation points in the making of the char) instead of having to wait for 4 mutation points.

Also having 10x clones + cheat char = game crashing amount of explosions.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:32 am »

Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up. ^.^

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 31, 2010, 06:58:06 pm »

Oh good god, I found my clone ONE SQUARE AWAY FROM THE STAIRS and he sets me on fire the first second I get down there. In response, I went up the stairs and set him on fire, which also removed my own fire. Hah! That's for setting me on fire asshole!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 31, 2010, 08:30:45 pm »

One last bugfix rollup before the next content patch, which will take a few days.

*Fixed some ocassions when a stairs down would not get a connecting stairs up generated.
*You may now choose to complete a trade which is lopsided in the NPC's favor, if the NPC doesn't have free drams to make change
*NE and NW in the laptop configuration should correctly scroll status pages
*You may no-longer skip the second knicknack quest by closing the conversation
*Disabled a couple incomplete items that were generating data disks
*Data Disks now display the actual item name that is constructed, instead of it's internal blueprint ID
*Trying to learn or build from a data disk you don't have the skill for now displays the friendly skill name, instead of the internal skill ID

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #459 on: December 31, 2010, 08:38:33 pm »

I wish this ran on my computer, but apparently my graphics card cant handle it. Does it have some amazing graphics?
I got nothing

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 31, 2010, 08:39:28 pm »

I wish this ran on my computer, but apparently my graphics card cant handle it. Does it have some amazing graphics?

Try the "console" link, or create a shortcut to xrl.exe with the "-console" command line paramater and see if it will run.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #461 on: December 31, 2010, 08:49:29 pm »

oh that works, is the other version tiled or is it the same?
I got nothing

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 31, 2010, 08:50:45 pm »

oh that works, is the other version tiled or is it the same?

It's the same, it just has a consistant set of symbols since it's an emulated console. The "real" console version sometimes has messed up symbols if you have weird code-pages on your system/video card.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 01, 2011, 01:35:36 pm »

just dl'd and fired this up. Im impressed. Done the first mission to red rock with a regular human preatorian, clubing lots of critters with me sword. Not really sure what to do now. Is this a quest based game like adom, or a more just go and do stuff game, i expect you can do both but if theres a main storyline id like to try and follow it.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 01, 2011, 01:41:00 pm »

just dl'd and fired this up. Im impressed. Done the first mission to red rock with a regular human preatorian, clubing lots of critters with me sword. Not really sure what to do now. Is this a quest based game like adom, or a more just go and do stuff game, i expect you can do both but if theres a main storyline id like to try and follow it.

Talk to Argyve in the southwest hut in Joppa, he provides the first main questline that can be 'won' (it's only partially implemented at the moment).
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 250