Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569972 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #390 on: December 28, 2010, 09:32:01 pm »

How often is butchery supposed to occur? Cuz I got it a while ago and haven't butchered a single enemy despite having killed dozens. Or am I just doing something wrong =p?
*Hugs*

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 28, 2010, 09:34:49 pm »

@unormal

Suggestion:

Have a variable which says what caused something to happened, eg what caused steam to appear, and have this variable passed on when stuff happens. This way if I use flame hands to vaporise a load of water which kills enemies, I get XP. Would also be useful for later if you implement stuff like poisoning.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 28, 2010, 09:35:11 pm »

*The AI will get angry at the party leader of an object it gets angry at
That sucks for ego based characters. Anyway to tell your follower to not attack neutrals/friendlies. Charmed creatures attack everything.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2010, 09:54:41 pm »

New patch posted.
Awesome.

*Point-buy for mutations
Mutants are actually... weaker, now, in a sense. Perhaps considerably so. With th'random stuff, it was pretty easy to get three or four 4-5 'point' mutations, sometimes without defect. No longer! Will have to play more to see how it turns out. Still, control is, as usual, a blessing. Thank you~

Interesting that chimera and esper has a cost to it, though. Can see it for unstable genome (which is basically mutation points invested in 'buy mutation', and I guess the way to roll a pure random one now.), but maybe not for those? I'unno, maybe a smaller cost. +3 stats and directed random buy that can't be leveled... Doesn't seem on par with th'other mutations, more along the lines of a minor one. Perhaps 2 points instead of three?

*Readable books and papers
Ahahahaha! Folks, you really want to kill the zealot now. Drops a book that's about as valuable as an energy cell :P

*Renormalized the charge use of force bracelet
It did last a while, dinnit it?

EDIT: *stares at Argyve* Mortar... tube? Oh dear.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:03:27 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 28, 2010, 10:02:02 pm »

So true men and mutants now have the same stat growth, which was the previous standard mutant growth, right?  That'll make true men not quite as overpowered...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 28, 2010, 10:10:11 pm »

Wow, all that stuff without breaking save compatibility? That's really great, since I'm still getting some mileage out of my current guy.

*Tinkered items may no-longer be disassembled
Aww, guess I won't get to constantly reuse my cells now. :P

Edit: Err, I guess it does break save compatibility. Oh well, I was getting bored of that guy anyway(the lack of mutations made it all hack-n-slash with no real flavor).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:15:47 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 28, 2010, 10:16:57 pm »

Chem cells are incredibly cheap to make if you know how, though, so that's not a huge problem.  I think it was mostly to prevent rerolling a tinkered piece of equipment's extra attributes by building it and fully disassembling it again.

...speaking of tinkering, would there be (or is there?) a chance to learn how to make something by disassembling it, or would that make it too easy and/or too much like TOME's alchemy system?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 28, 2010, 10:41:21 pm »

Maybe just special case it so that expert disassembly doesn't work on tinkered items? You'd still be able to recoup a lil'bit from junk you made, just not all of it.

Not really a big deal. I've never really tinkered up anything I didn't plan on actually using, m'self, and didn't cotton on to th'breakdown cell trick. Was so cheap to make [energy] or chem cells conservation of bits wasn't really an issue.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 28, 2010, 10:43:47 pm »

Maybe just special case it so that expert disassembly doesn't work on tinkered items? You'd still be able to recoup a lil'bit from junk you made, just not all of it.

Not really a big deal. I've never really tinkered up anything I didn't plan on actually using, m'self, and didn't cotton on to th'breakdown cell trick. Was so cheap to make [energy] or chem cells conservation of bits wasn't really an issue.

This is just a temporary stopgap around a ton of various exploits, it's not a final soluton.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 28, 2010, 10:54:08 pm »

Couple quick tweaks:

*Added a note that unspent MP will be lost after character creation
*Unstable Genome allows you to pick one of 3 random mutations, rather than giving you an entirely random one

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 28, 2010, 11:33:16 pm »

One last set of tweaks:

*Buying a new mutation during play now costs 4mp, up from 3mp
*Esper and Chimera now cost 1 point, but no longer give the stat bonuses

E:
*Teleportation no longer works on the world map
*Grit gate recoiler goes to the right place
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:25:21 am by unormal »

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #401 on: December 29, 2010, 01:10:23 pm »

This game is pretty awesome.
What does registering your copy do ?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 29, 2010, 01:12:37 pm »

This game is pretty awesome.
What does registering your copy do ?

It doesn't unlock any content, it's just a shareware model basically; We do appreciate the support from those who have registered!

VVV Yeah it's a known issue, I thought I had fixed it but it's still around.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:56:23 pm by unormal »

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 29, 2010, 01:53:17 pm »

Hey unormal, don't know if this has been reported before, but what seems to be a bug on the multiple choice 'mutation buy' screen: I had the option of
1) freezing hands 2)freezing hands or 3)heightened speed.

Didn't bother me, freezing hands is great, but wondered if you wanted it to be a distinct choice of 3 mutations.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 29, 2010, 01:57:13 pm »

Was it at the last version? Cause he said that was fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 250