Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569733 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3570 on: February 11, 2017, 03:34:07 pm »

How long is the main quest? I read somewhere that is not done and the game just ends at some point. Assuming you live through it, how many hours of game time?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: February 13, 2017, 03:01:24 pm »

Quest just ends at some point, but you can still wander around as you please, I think. I'm pretty sure if you were somehow able to survive the process, you could go through the main questline stuff relatively quickly... maybe less than four or five hours or somethin'. But, uh. You're not going to do that on your first run. Or your tenth or whatev'. Game rapidly gets very, very dangerous.

Speaking of that! Today I learned that phase cannons deal light damage. This is, in fact, very important! Because enemies can have light manipulation. And light manipulation can reflect light damage. And phase cannons are capable of dealing well over 150 damage in one attack. And you're probably not going to have more HP than that when you walk into a room full of psyberneticists and they finish stunning you. Phase cannons are now on my "list of items to never use again". Which is a shame, 'cause they're ruddy awesome right up until the point they get you to one-shot yourself in the face :V

E: Oh yeah, I had completely forgot I had screenshot the combat log from when I was apparently playing rocket frisbee. Here we go:
You know things are getting real when your critter casually walks past an incoming missile and nabs it mid-transit.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:43:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: February 16, 2017, 03:01:51 pm »

Huh. Weird sultan dungeon thingy is fun.

At least until you fall down a shaft and get cornered by worms.

Not even the special thingy saved me(though it did slow them down).

Next run: lose horribly to worms, lose horribly to worms, get mad, break out flamethrower, worms start dying in droves.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: February 16, 2017, 03:06:27 pm »

Heeeey, you just saved me from double posting, ahaha. Thanks :V

Though re: flamethrowers, I played around a little with 'em in my current romp. There's a picture down below! I am never using flamethrowers again.

Anyway, another text dump thing. This'un's probably about the size of the rest of them so far combined. Plus it's pretty littered with actual bug reports and weird balance issues, even moreso than the previous one, I think. Also has pictures! And a fairly sure fire way to kill chrome pyramids, if having some fairly strict requirements.

Not sure how actually helpful these dumps are, but eh. Note taking feels nice-ish, and if I'm already jotting stuff down might as well put it out there.

Apologies in advance for the size of these things, since they're probably a bit oversized for what's appropriate on a forum. Probably could resize them somehow but it's more work than I got in me at the moment.
Spoiler: Flamethrower gone wild (click to show/hide)

E: Uh. Okay, today let's talk swarm racks for a second. It's a nightmare to equip them, but if you've got the bits for a slender mod and convert just about every leering stalker head (and disarmed blast cannon) you can find into negative weight spheres,* it's doable. The fun times begin immediately afterwards.
Observations on swarm racks:
You cannot load them, nor reload them.
They do not need to be loaded to be fired.
They do not consume HE missiles when fired, loaded or not. Ammo is irrelevant to them.
The 204 lbs of HE missiles chrome pyramids carry are subterfuge.
You can chew through a good third to forth of a map's walls in about two or three shots, if you aim it right.
This is ridiculous, reward for killing chrome pyramids or not.

Also, mostly unrelated to that, it turns out I was wrong about it being cloned chrome pyramids that cause the buggy HE missiles. Happens whenever you disarm one of the missiles the pyramids have equipped, not when they get cloned or whatev'.

*Though it's probably worth mention that's not as troublesome as it might seem, since disarming and decapitation is with zero doubt, so far as I've noticed, the best way to kill leering stalkers (and the pyramids themselves, but they don't give bits needed for the spheres). If you're loitering in swarm rack territory getting the bottleneck 7 bits is probably not going to be a substantiative issue.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:39:13 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: February 18, 2017, 08:00:14 am »

Added legendary gunsmiths. You'll find their workshops as new overland encounters.
Added secluded distilleries.
Added legendary ichor merchants and new overland encounters for their distilleries.
Added a new music track "Moghra'yi Remembrance Circle" to desert areas
Legendary creatures guarding the relic chests on the last levels of historic sites are now leaders of their respective cults.
Relic quests now properly complete when you equip or activate the relic directly from a chest.
You no longer get multiple chronology entries for visiting the same historic site.
Fixed an exception when looking at cybernetic credit wedges.
Move Up and Move Down keybinds will now cycle through multiple objects in a cell in look mode
Added UI options to show or hide plants and pools in the nearby items list, defaults to hide
The new UI multiple-choice dialog now correctly supports capitalized hotkeys
Taught the AI to use: bezerk, force wall and the new long blades tree
Updated several NPCs and creatures to the new skills
Reduced the frequency of several items of stacked walls and furniture occuring in a single cell in areas generated by the historic-style dungeon builder
Changed XP Bar to more conventionally display percentage of progress through only the current level's xp
Fixed dismember allowing you to dismember with non-axe weapons
Fixed invisible objects showing up in the nearby items list
Fixed issues with relics with several stat boosts not being properly displayed, applied or removed
Fixed issue with relics applying their boosts in inappropriate slots
Fixed some layout issues with the popup choice window
Fixed some issues with level stacking of mutation power-granting relics
Fixed the trade button in the new ui conversation screen being un-navigable
Fixed XP and HP bars sometimes not resizing properly
Fixed fungal infections dropping as items
Fixed fungal infection items showing up on dynamic tables
Fixed a few rare cases where Calloused's bonuses would stop applying
Fixed some cases where you'd end up with multiple stairs up in a square
Fixed some cases where you'd end up with a missing stairs down
Fixed many effects that were incorrectly rendering in non-active zones
Improved the layout of conversations
Improved the readability of the selection highlight on new ui dialogs
[modding] Added stat:<statid>:<amount> wish to modify a stat basevalue
[modding] Added statbonus:<statid>:<amount> wish to modify a stat bonus
[modding] Added statpenalty:<statid>:<amount> wish to modify a stat penality
[modding] Added xp:<amount> to award a given amount of experience
[modding] Added cureglotrot and cureironshank wishes
[prerelease content] Metamorphosis no longer duplicates inventory and non-natural equipment and transfers your own equipment during transformations.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: February 18, 2017, 03:02:18 pm »

Throwing a few responses out there to Frumples lengthy posts.
E: Uh. Okay, today let's talk swarm racks for a second. It's a nightmare to equip them, but if you've got the bits for a slender mod and convert just about every leering stalker head (and disarmed blast cannon) you can find into negative weight spheres,* it's doable. The fun times begin immediately afterwards.
Observations on swarm racks:
You cannot load them, nor reload them.
They do not need to be loaded to be fired.
They do not consume HE missiles when fired, loaded or not. Ammo is irrelevant to them.
The 204 lbs of HE missiles chrome pyramids carry are subterfuge.
You can chew through a good third to forth of a map's walls in about two or three shots, if you aim it right.
This is ridiculous, reward for killing chrome pyramids or not.
I mean, if you do fulfill all those requirements (combo mental and physical mutant with like 25 willpower, 23 int (and tinker 2), 17 strength, 13 levels is both clairvoyance and teleportation, having the phase mutation), you can use them, but given that its really difficult to actually get there in that it requires very specific builds to kill it, and even once you do what drops is useless aside from the edge case of having 30 spheres of negative weight. Plus if you can kill a chrome pyramid you can murder everything with impunity by that point anyways it doesn't really matter.

Re: Beguiled creatures.
Yeah, creatures equipped with armor and weaponry are pretty silly. Given that with good equipment you can get like +14AV on top of their default AV they get pretty impossible to kill by enemies with regular attacks. I tend to avoid giving them ranged weapons though, since they kind of suck at using them (stopping like 15 spaces away and just firing till they kill it or run out of ammo) as well as missing like every shot. Finally, either the weapon is nearly useless at that stage or it can murder you as well if you get in their way.

Also note that if you get dominate creature you can control your beguiled creature as well, and thus change their equipment. Or more interestingly, buy skills and mutations for them with the points they get when they level up.

Also, a finding of my own: Ironshanks gives you a pretty huge AV bonus once the disease has progressed a lot. Yes, you move at the speed of molasses, but it doesn't matter that much when the disease gives you a +8 AV (for a total of like 14 AV on my lightly armored dude) and you don't need to move thanks to all your mental mutations being able to kill at range and how your follower can murder all the chaff for you.

Re: Fungus.
Yeah, I just run away from any fungus screen the instant I see it. It isn't worth the risk of getting infected. Although Glowcrust can actually be decently useful early on in both the luminous hoarshroom (which acts as a cold resist+salve injector) and how the Glowcrust itself gives you a small cold resist bonus.

Re: Salve injection time
As far as I am aware salves take a turn to inject, which can indeed totally kill you.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: February 18, 2017, 06:16:25 pm »

why did this get so long DX
I mean, if you do fulfill all those requirements (combo mental and physical mutant with like 25 willpower, 23 int (and tinker 2), 17 strength, 13 levels is both clairvoyance and teleportation, having the phase mutation), you can use them, but given that its really difficult to actually get there in that it requires very specific builds to kill it, and even once you do what drops is useless aside from the edge case of having 30 spheres of negative weight. Plus if you can kill a chrome pyramid you can murder everything with impunity by that point anyways it doesn't really matter.
Eehh, you don't need 13 in clair or teleport; 10's safest with clairvoyance, since it gives full map and cuts the chance of being ambushed to more or less nil, but less is doable and more is pretty much entirely useless. Similarly, teleport maxes its CD at 10, iirc, and won't go lower than a 5 baseline... and conceptually you can get away with having it higher than I did, so long as it's at least lower than the duration of your phase. The mutation cost is pretty hefty, though, yeah. One way or another you need teleport and clairvoyance (5, 2), you want phasing (4), and two-headed helps a lot with getting your tele CD down low enough it's safe to use (2, plus it effectively bundles in an eventual +3 ego from the second face slot), so if you want to start with it you're looking at an ideal of 13, just shy of fitting in the base 12. Oddly enough, it might be pretty safe to go with hooks for feet for this setup, since you ultimately don't really need to move much and until you reach lowest CD 'port you can still lean on it hard enough to get you out of (or into, heh) trouble. You could also go with skimping on phasing, conceptually, and roll with injectors for your phase -- it'd be a lot more annoying (voiders aren't necessarily the hardest thing in the world to find, but they're not particularly common either, nor is their gland rate the highest in the world) and a bit riskier, but you could do it. Either way you'd have another 3 points to work with,* so that's not that bad. Scry and die's hella' useful anyway, particularly if you're going tinker.

Stat wise... you can actually skimp on ego a bit, especially if you go two-headed; if you can reach the point you're getting ready to try a pyramid, you're past the point you can whack seekers until you cut off a couple faces and net yourself that cool +6. I'd guess something like a 17/17/16/18/20/14? Something along those lines. Start tinker and all you'd need is 3 int and a bit of will... could probably even manage not putting any actual attribute points into int at all, and save 'em for will. Most potentially irritating part is getting strength up for dismember/decapitate, but I suppose you could get by with just a serrated longsword or two, it'd just take longer to stab the mostly helpless pyramid to death.

Basically, it's not really that bad from a requirement standpoint, I don't think. It's also a setup that could totally kill pyramids but still get wrecked by a fair few things out there, heh. Key to the whole thing is surprise disarm on something that doesn't really have a response to it (well, and presumably bug abuse with the phase/swipe interaction, ehehe), and there's plenty in the game that either have nothing that can be disarmed or can still blow you up with a mutation or grenade or somethin'.

... that said, re: the swarm racks and the above, it's also a setup that happens to be able to farm leering stalkers even more easily than it does the pyramids, and it turns out both the blast cannons you disarm in the process and their heads (removing which is about the only realistic way you're going to kill them) can be disassembled into 7s, which is the very thing spheres of negative weight need to craft, heh. You'd have to kill like fifteen or twenty to get it reasonable (bit shy of 40 otherwise, less if you can weght-mod the rack), but once you can safely 'port/swipe their weapons killing fifteen or twenty stalkers isn't much more difficult than mowing down snapjaws, if significantly more time consuming.

What it all boils down to is I'd probably recommend either stalkers and pyramids can't be disarmed (natural weapon, basically), or they have some sort of melee backup that's more meaningful than an unarmed fist attack. Rest of it's mostly just for fun, heh.

*EMP would be an obvious one, and possibly open things up for less teleport investment (it could get you another turn or three to let 'port cool off without getting a face full of swarm rack), ego projection might help with making the swipe check (Or meeting the strength req? I haven't taken proj to check if that works, yet) and leave room for a 1 pointer. Burgeoning would be pretty solid if you're going two-headed, too, since it's freakishly overpowered and you can get its CD just as low as you can the 'port.** There's room to play around, there.

**Which is just a complete mess, by the by. Was screwing around at one point and managed to more or less indefinitely block pyramid swarm volleys just by sticking an unending wave of plants between me and the pyramid. You'd think the relatively limited range on the thing would make explosives more dangerous, but if you get burgeoning to a 1-2 turn cooldown, most ranged stuff that doesn't pierce might as well no longer exist. Pretty sure you can chuck grenades over most plants, too...

===

Also, totally didn't know about the dominate thing. Seriously going to have try that, and soon :3
Ask not!
Ask!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: February 18, 2017, 11:18:14 pm »

At one point burgeoning was CRIMINALLY easy to get to a one turn cooldown. Lets just say taking it, temporal fugue, and evil twin was not the best idea ever. However, it does make an interesting way to farm low end plant materials, and possibly a way to farm cash.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: February 19, 2017, 02:00:37 am »

Nope, you need to get teleportation to 12 to get it down to 5 cooldown.
10 gets you to 25, which is just not quite enough to have it lower then phasing outside of maxed phasing and high (24) willpower. 11 is much easier, requiring both much less phasing and willpower.

Claravoyance+sunder mind is pretty damn amusing too, given that you can kill literally anything that isn't a robot and doesn't have a mind sheild without them even seeing you.

It is a neat plan though, but I don't think I'll use it since I am far too addicted to playing pure mental mutants with 24 points in ego (who with a good face can get all the way up to level 13 mutations without even buying a single mutation level).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: February 19, 2017, 06:27:17 am »

Yeah, I have trouble convincing myself to go pure physical or mental, mutation wise, though it's easier with physical. At the absolute least two headed is both cheap and freakishly helpful for anything using mental mutations, heh. CD reduction and an extra +3 ego? Yesplease.

Though huh, could have sworn port hit bottom at 10. Might have been because I've always been using it with the extra head? That's... still not really a problem, though. Even that base of 14 has pretty much zero problem building up +2 or so ego bonus from somewhere. Could probably even go a point or two lower, heh. 14 would only need two +all levels to hit it, if you have two headed and that second face. Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it, it kinda' seems like ego may just be the easiest stat in the game to buff...

All that said, a pure mental critter would still be pretty capable of doing stalkers without much trouble (if your AV and health is decent-ish, you don't even particularly need to phase), and could use injectors to cover the lack of phase if for whatever reason you wanted pyramid faces. actually, pyramid heads are about the only reliable source of 8s I've noticed, so...

E: Heh. Doing the beguile/dominate thing (also picked up two-headed, teleport, and teleport other, with hooks to offset the cost). Accident with an open door lead to me beguiling a watervine farmer, and now I'm wondering why exactly mehmet needed to send you to red rock. This critter's murdering everything that moves down here, and about the most I'm doing is occasionally shooting something with a bow. And so far all he's picked up is basic axe proficiency! And another axe. and armor. 5 AV/8DV is nice for this point in the game

Also the farmer just killed a second snapjaw shotgunner. Actually hurt it a fair bit (and near killed me in the process), but the farmer is still winning.

E2: Aww, nevermind. Fight with a snapjaw warlord, brute, scavenger, and two hunters killed the thing. To its credit, the only thing that survived was the hunters, heh.

E3: That said, bug! At least with this hunter that has heightened hearing, if you go to look at the mutation description it reads
Code: [Select]
<description>

This level:
<Does level 1 stuff>

Next level:
<Does level 2 stuff>
Otherwise appears normal, though.

Also swapping bodies is... apparently a level transition? Be nice if it didn't count towards <areas until autosave> increments...

E4: Ah, no, that last one's not consistent. Maybe it's heightened hearing causing nearby maps to be generated? Something's doing it, anyway.

Also this hunter's color is changing when I dominate it. Been from red to white to green so far. Might be something specifically with ASCII mode, I'unno.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:30:01 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: February 22, 2017, 02:59:53 am »

E3: That said, bug! At least with this hunter that has heightened hearing, if you go to look at the mutation description it reads
Code: [Select]
<description>

This level:
<Does level 1 stuff>

Next level:
<Does level 2 stuff>
Otherwise appears normal, though.
Almost every NPC-only mutation looks like that currently; they just haven't had their descriptions implemented yet.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: February 25, 2017, 09:13:59 am »

We added hatters, glovers, armorers, and haberdashers.
Added hatter, glover, armorer, and haberdasher tents to the Stiltgrounds.
Added legendary hatter, glover, armorer, and haberdashers. You'll find their workshops as new overland encounters.
Descending into a pit or open air while flying no longer grounds you.
Added more variety to the geometry of historic sites.
The Quest screen now has a scrollbar, scrolls smoothly, and properly wraps text.
Added an option to scale the minimap (under Overlay UI).
Added an option to scale the nearby items list (under Overlay UI).
Monster AI now uses the Cudgel powers Conk, Slam, and Demolish.
Monster AI now considers broken and rusted item statuses when equipping gear.
Oboroqoru and rhinoxes now have a few more cudgel powers.
Slam now properly requires a cudgel to use.
Liquid volumes no longer interfere with other smart-useable objects.
'Spread Klanq' quest steps now properly complete when you spread Klanq to the proper targets.
Made the Pax Klanq quest sequence a bit more robust.
You can no longer choose a square without a target when you charge.
Creatures that live on walls no longer spawn in the middle of a solid group of walls.
Fixed some cases where objects spawned on stairs.
Consuming an Eater's fleshcap no longer permanently decreases quickness.
For clarity, we renamed 'Eater's flesh' to 'elcatl' and 'Eater's fleshcap' to 'Eater's flesh'.
If you have burrowing claws and you use a skulk injector, you no longer lose your claws when the effect wears off.
Made it clear that invoking the Chaos Spiel infuriates Asphodel.
Added more messaging for shaking off dazings and stuns.
Fixed some rare cases where commands were being issued twice in the overlay UI.
Fixed some cases where overlay UI elements incorrectly displayed on top of each other.
Fixed an issue causing the selected conversation option not to be highlighted when a conversation started.
Fixed some rare cases where dismembered limbs didn't drop the items they had equipped.
Fixed some rare occurrences of objects cloning themselves when slipping on slime.
Fixed a rare hang during map generation.
Cleaned up the text for becoming afraid.
Fixed a typo in the hulk honey damage message.
Removed <redacted> and <redacted> from dynamic encounters.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: March 04, 2017, 07:58:45 am »

We added a new drag-and-drop prerelease inventory screen for the new UI. It's available via the "Prerelease: Use overlay inventory screen." option under overlay UI options. It's work in progress and has some bugs. Feedback is welcome!
Equipment is manageable via a drag-and-drop procedurally generated paper doll based on your character's body
Left click to bring up the item's interaction window
Right click to view an item's tooltip
Filter buttons along the top allow you to quickly filter to specific categories
Updated the stilt well picker dialog
Updated the pour choices dialog
Fixed several issues with screens under the current popup acquiring input or navigation selection
Fixed the AI trying to force prison a target and then shoot it with light manipulation
Fixed Enuch's character creation skill list
Fixed some stair placement issues in bethesda susa
Fixed an issue where phase webs would sometimes leave you permanently phased if you saved while you were stuck in them
Fixed some historic-style areas not having proper tile surface paint
Fixed an issue with move-speed adjusting equipment not properly applying bonuses
Fixed an issue with call to arms that wasn't properly respawning Q Girl in the correct circumstances.
Fixed dynmically mixed liquid volumes not having the proper vapor temperatures
Fixed a stack overflow error when containers disintegrated on the ground from contained fluids
[modding] Merged blueprint changes will now propagate changes to children

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: March 11, 2017, 07:56:32 am »

We made a bunch of enhancements to the paper doll equipment screen. It's still flagged as prerelease content, but you can enable it here: Options > Overlay UI > Prerelease: Use over inventory screen.
The new overlay inventory is now also used for item pickup and container manipulation.
Item filters now entirely hide the filtered categories.
Item filter buttons now properly respond to the 'use' key.
You can page up and down now.
You can use + and - to open and close item categories.
Items are now properly sorted alphabetically.
Fixed several filter icons in the inventory list.
Fixed some issues with scrolling through the inventory list or the paper doll.
Updated the look and behavior of many graphical elements.
Item selection is now properly restored when the screen refreshes.
If the overlay UI and inventory are enabled, the original equipment screen doesn't appear when you tab through your character screens.
Added tiles for several pieces of natural equipment.
wings
carapace
horns
stinger
quills
burrowing claws
flaming and freezing hands
Added a tile for mechanical wings.
Updated torch tiles.
Sultans now occasionally fake their own deaths or have their deaths wrongly reported.
Added some sultan events involving chariot accidents.
Improved the grammar of sultan history snippets.
Fixed some cases where looking at a painted or engraved item didn't reveal the proper historic site or give the right quest.
Fixed an issue that was causing the secrets about the location of the Ruin of House Isner not to appear in procedurally-generated books. The secrets are back in!
Added a new textbook to the corpus of text that the procedurally-generated books draw from.
Fixed an issue that caused the player to occasionally become a member of the Beasts faction, resulting in neutral NPCs acting hostile toward you.
Added new options to the main Options screen.
Display vignette
Display scanlines
Brightness level
Contrast level
[debug] Added a wish to clear the player's faction membership: "clearfactionmembership". You can use this wish to fix the hostile NPC bug in older saves.
[modding] The look cursor is now more compatible with full-color tiles.
[modding] Display.txt is now moddable. You only need to include the text you want to override in Display.txt. For example, here's the full text of a mod that disables the vignette:
{ "shaders":{
"vignette":{
"enable":"false" }}}
[modding] Display.txt now supports a "tiles" category with "width" and "height" variables. You can use it to reskin the game with an alternate tile aspect ratio.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: March 18, 2017, 06:59:46 am »

We added a new input manager that supports gamepads out of the box. It's still prerelease content; we'll be expanding support and tweaking the default bindings in the coming weeks.
Added a new options menu: Controls. You can access key bindings and enable the new input manager from this menu.
The default movement mapping is: left stick to point in a direction + right trigger to move. You can also hold down right trigger and point the left stick around to move quickly.
You can also rebind to direct movement. If you do, the Move North/South/East/West commands tilt 45 degrees right when you hold the Alt button (left trigger by default). So, to move NE, you hold left trigger and move north.
These are the current default mappings on an Xbox controller.
left stick + right trigger: move
A: interact
B: get
X: ability menu
Y: walk (move in a direction until you hit a wall)
left bumper: wait a turn
right bumper: fire missile weapon
dpad up: go up stairs or to the worldmap
dpad down: go down stairs or to the local map
right stick: look
click right stick: reload missile weapon
select: menu
start: inventory
left trigger + B: get nearby
left trigger + Y: autoexplore
left trigger + left bumper: rest until healed
left trigger + right bumper: throw
Added, changed, or tweak tiles for the following objects.
pocketed vest
black, ash-stained, and cloth robes
furs
woven and vine-weave tunics
wool kilt
crude and filthy toga
bark armor
ring mail
basic toolkit
stun rod
box of crayons
Joppa and Grit Gate recoilers
iron mace
grenades
albino monkey braid
Glass bottles now visually respect the liquids they hold. They appear empty when they're empty; otherwise they show the color of the liquid they contain.
Updated the slimy shaft tile.
Added options for fullscreen mode and target framerate (Options > General).
Improved the navigability of the overlay options.
Fixed books and artifact stories not working when accessed from the new inventory screen.
Fixed monsters being able to melee attack you through floors if they were directly above or below.
Fixed very excessive memory use when browsing the contents of a container that contains many items, particularly liquid volumes.
Fixed an exception on the Quests screen.
Fixed several cases of excessive garbage generation.
Removed some baseobjects (basefloat, tool) from dynamic encounters.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 250