Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570285 times)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3120 on: August 01, 2015, 05:34:33 am »

Whilst I love the remoteness feeling that Qud gives, I'd also like to see more villages/hamlets, even if they were just a simple trader and a few people with some lore dialogue.

There are actually lots of randomly generated little farmsteads out there, at least in the hills. I've run across pig farmers, starapple farmers, a Barathrumite camp...and a few others, I think. They NPCs could stand to have a little more interaction (most won't even talk to you) but they are there.

Yeah, I've stumbled across a few, but I'd just like to ratchet up the interaction a little bit. Even if there were no quests or anything, just a bit of lore and some traders.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: August 01, 2015, 11:51:26 am »

Finally, I completed the last quest implemented by this far. It wasn't that hard. After getting hardened in Bethesda Susa everything becomes quite easy. Waiting until the game is entirely done...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:08:28 pm by RoguelikeRazuka »

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: August 01, 2015, 12:08:59 pm »

Finally, I completed the last quest implemented by this far. It wasn't that hard. After getting hardened in Bethesda Susa everything becomes quite easy. Waiting until the development is finished...

How many total play hours do you have logged now, out of curiosity? (If you're using the steam overlay.)

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: August 01, 2015, 02:20:28 pm »

Finally, I completed the last quest implemented by this far. It wasn't that hard. After getting hardened in Bethesda Susa everything becomes quite easy. Waiting until the development is finished...

How many total play hours do you have logged now, out of curiosity? (If you're using the steam overlay.)
Slightly over 40. I'm not sure if I have seen even 1/3 of the content this game includes and features it provides in the current state, but I think it's enough for me for now.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: August 01, 2015, 03:36:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well this is new.

I guess the True Kin are finally getting some new toys to play with. I got this on start as a horticulturist.

It gives you two extra working arms and hands, in case that wasn't obvious.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: August 01, 2015, 03:38:54 pm »

I've gotten those once or twice while looting Grit Gate. They seem to be about equal to a level 1 or 2 multiple arms mutation. Which is hilarious when you also have multiple arms. When I got it for the first time, I had the wish that we could equip more missile weapons based on extra hands and go all six six shooter on people.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: August 01, 2015, 06:26:49 pm »

Is there an end game yet? I saw unormal getting the final quest working?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: August 01, 2015, 06:28:18 pm »

Is there an end game yet? I saw unormal getting the final quest working?

That's our current priority, but there's a lot to do.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: August 01, 2015, 06:33:11 pm »

Is anyone else having funky issues with fast travel? One of my newer characters lost their ability to fast travel entirely after they got lost and regained their bearings. Another character couldn't fast travel when hostiles were nearby (as expected), but there wasn't any message or popup saying anything about them. And now, I just had a test character fast travel while surrounded by a snapjaw horde. Not sure what's going on here...

As a sidenote: Does anyone know how to unbind keys from the default keybindings? 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:38:05 pm by Witty »
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: August 01, 2015, 11:43:57 pm »

*Walls and liquid pools now dynamically repaint
*Fixed Psychometry not correctly showing both options and not correctly identifying an artifact if you learned it's blueprint
*Fixed target pickers giving away the location of invisible enemies
*Fixed an issue with nearby hostile monster detection
*Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Argyve's quest from advancing properly
*Fixed an issue when bombs detonated inside inventories
*Fixed an issue with building the final zone in Warden Indrix's quest
*Fixed monsters being unwilling to cross a tiny puddle of blood
*Changed monsters to be a little less willing to step into lava
*Fixed harvest spamming the log with "you take" messages
*Fixed harvest saying you harvest a single item even when you harvested multiple
*Fixed a bug with Cryokinesis and Pyrokinesis graphical effects
*Fixed ammo autoequip being unable to load into an equipped missle weapon
*Multi-ammo reloading no longer forces you to unload if you exit the dialog without selecting replacement ammo
*Added an appropriate message for when mutant physiology reacts adversely with a tonic
*Lowered the autoeat priority on a couple items
*Fixed small garbage generation issues
*Improved the memory performance

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: August 02, 2015, 02:49:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well this is new.

I guess the True Kin are finally getting some new toys to play with. I got this on start as a horticulturist.

It gives you two extra working arms and hands, in case that wasn't obvious.
That's not new; it's an old artifact, and True Kin had a chance to start with it all the way back in the non-Steam version.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:49:07 am by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: August 02, 2015, 05:48:11 am »

Is anyone else having funky issues with fast travel? One of my newer characters lost their ability to fast travel entirely after they got lost and regained their bearings. Another character couldn't fast travel when hostiles were nearby (as expected), but there wasn't any message or popup saying anything about them. And now, I just had a test character fast travel while surrounded by a snapjaw horde. Not sure what's going on here...
I had those since the beta branch was launched. If you travel a few areas further you regain the ability to fast travel.

Anyone wants to help me with not dying in Golgotha? Now I remember that all my characters back in the non-steam version also ended up dying there. I'm usually playing high-toughness melee blokes, and go there after the heart of darkness quest, so I'm lvl 20-ish, with 200-ish HP and well-equipped. Always end up getting swarmed on the conveyors and nibbled to death.

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: August 02, 2015, 09:14:41 am »

If there is chute crabs (there isn't always) go through it quickly as possible. Don't hang about to let the chute crabs stack on the level below as they will instakill you when you drop down. An automatic weapon with the accuracy perk is a must even on melee types; I generally find one before lvl 20 in or around the monkey god village to the east.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: August 02, 2015, 09:17:54 am »

I had those since the beta branch was launched. If you travel a few areas further you regain the ability to fast travel.

These issues should be fixed in last night's patch.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: August 02, 2015, 09:59:19 am »

Anyone wants to help me with not dying in Golgotha? Now I remember that all my characters back in the non-steam version also ended up dying there. I'm usually playing high-toughness melee blokes, and go there after the heart of darkness quest, so I'm lvl 20-ish, with 200-ish HP and well-equipped. Always end up getting swarmed on the conveyors and nibbled to death.
I followed some guy's advice to start as a shelled mutant with freezing hands, and it did work out somehow, though at first I lacked both armour and evasion and sucked at melee. I was far lower than '20-ish and 200-ish HP' when walked in Golgotha.
PS once I died there after resting on the conveyor, such a great idea ha ha.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:08:08 am by RoguelikeRazuka »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 250